Status: completed

Broken Storm

45

Gerard's POV*

Ray came down the stairs, dry tear stains on his cheeks. He marches into the guest room, comes back out with all of Trevor’s things and the sheets. They were stained from blood and other bodily fluids, and his face was full of anger. He marched out back, threw the stuff in a pile, and burned it. We all kind of watched in horror as he did it, the oatmeal in front of me growing cold. I picked it up in one hand and turned away slowly. Running up the stairs, I almost tripped on myself in the hallway. Thorne was in bed, writing in her journal again. I made my way in, sitting down next to her. She shut her book and smiled, craning her neck to kiss me lightly on the lips. I hand her the bowl of oat meal and she takes a bite, swallowing and then saying.
"What the fuck? This is cold."
"It can’t be that bad baby"
"Try it" she said, putting it on my lap. I took a spoonful, gagging as soon as it hit my tongue. I spit it out in the bowl, Thorne cracking up.
"Fuck, this does taste like shit"
"I told you" I took the bowl and put it on the bureau on the opposite side of the room. I turned around to walk back, but Thorne stopped me.
"Will you go get my guitar?" I ran downstairs and grabbed the white fender guitar off the stand. Running back upstairs, I heard Thorne shift in the bed. Returning to her side, she took the guitar in her lap, flipping pages in her book. She stopped on a recent one, and started to strum softly.

“Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way

When after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you like I did yesterday"?

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you down and out
It's where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say
"I don't love you like I did yesterday"?

Well come one, come on

When you go
Would you have the guts to say
"I don't love you like I loved you yesterday"?

I don't love you like I loved you yesterday"

I looked at her as she flipped her book shut.
"What’s that called babe?"
"I don’t love you"
"It was nice."
"Thanks."
"Who was your inspiration?"
She looked up at me, her eyes distant.
"Oh." I said, looking down at my hands. She set the guitar at the foot of the bed, backing onto my lap. She was trying to be strong again. I looked up at the shut door and then back down at Thorne.
"Do you remember anything?" I asked quietly.
"Ye-No. Not much." She leaned back, staring me in the eye. I knew she was lying.
"I don’t believe that."
"I......."
"Start from the beginning. The first day you met him. Please." She moves away from me, going back to her place, pushing me down onto my side. She lays close to me, so close I could feel her breath. She closes her eyes and thinks back.
"Okay...so it all started---"