Status: completed

Broken Storm

51

Thorne's POV*

I did notice a small drop in drama and action in my house after the meeting with the priest. Everything was pretty boring, except for Franks occasional Pixie Stix parties. I spent most of my time writing songs and playing Smashing Pumpkins stuff on my guitar. Ray and I had spent a lot of time together, writing stuff for the band and figuring out who plays what exactly. Since he told me how he felt about... me? We have been more like siblings than anything else. Like I said, nothing much really happened that was interesting enough to discuss.
Nothing, that is, until November Twenty Second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorne's POV*

"No, that should defiantly be an E chord."
"No, It's a G"
"No...... An E"
"No, listen......G chord." I strummed the chord hard. After thinking about it, an E chord might sound better.
"Dude....no. It’s an E." Ray grabbed the Guitar from me and strummed an E.
"Whatever." I get up and set my notebook down, then straightening my jeans.
"Hey! Don’t be mad that I'm a better guitar player than you!" I spun around on my socks, facing Ray and squinting my eyes at him.
"I’m not mad, I’m just getting lunch. It's bound to be lunch time after all. How long has everyone been gone?"
"They left at like, nine in the morning."
I grumbled.
"Yeah, and they had to let me know two hours before hand."
Ray laughed.
"Not funny. Now, do you want left over Chinese? I have some Lo Mein if you want to split it."
"Mmm yeah" I made my way down the stairs with Apollo, my guitar, and heard Ray only a few footsteps behind me. Making my way to the kitchen, I pulled leftovers out of the fridge, and set it in the microwave. Pushing the buttons, it occurred to me that I was being watched. I spun around and looked at Ray, who was just kind of staring at me.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Okay then" I turned back around and grabbed two plates out of the cupboard and set them on the green countertop, opening a nearby drawer to get some forks. The microwave dinged and I pulled out the large takeout box.
"Here" I put half the food on my plate, and half on Ray's. Walking back to the table, I felt him staring at me again.
"Thanks."
"No big deal, all I had to do was heat it up."
"It's still nice."
"Whatever" I took a bite of the food that had been sitting there for only moments. In a matter of minutes, a plate full of Lo Mein was no more. Ray finished before me, and sat idle in his chair, waiting for me to finish. I finally did, a d took his plate to the sink where Mikey's breakfast remains were still sitting.
Yuck.
I started the sink up and poured the soap in. I figure washing things this way would kill some time until Gerard came back. When the sink filled up, I handed a dish towel to Ray.
He stared at it.
"What’s this for?"
"You’re going to rub the dishes dry. It's only three things."
"Fine" I scrubbed the bowl Mikey had been using, trying not to think about what made it so sticky, and then gave our plates a quick rinse.
"That’s it?" Ray asked as I drained the sink out.
"Yeah." I closed the cupboards and started toward Apollo when Ray started staring at me again. I went to turn around and look at him when he smacked me across the butt with the dish towel.
"What the Hell!" I called, spinning around to grab the towel.
"Hey I was board."
"That gives you know right to hit me!" I said, laughing. We did things like this all the time, except the whole staring thing was a new one. I grabbed the towel and made a mad dash for the stairs, making my way to my room, jumping onto the bed and pressing myself against the wall as Ray cornered me.
"Give it back"
"No" I went to jump forward, but he tackled me down onto the bed. I squealed in satisfaction as he grabbed the towel, throwing it out of my reach. I pushed him off with my feet, and scrambled to get away, but he just jumped to grab me again. Next thing you know, I was face to face with Ray, and it was almost a little too close. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, but was only mere minutes. I held my breath for those minutes, and then exhaled when my lungs finally screamed for air. Finally, after those long minutes, Ray moved a little. It was a quick movement, but one I didn't exactly expect. His cool lips pressed against mine, and I thought for a second about pulling away, but his kisses were so tender, so different that I couldn’t help but accept them. His hands ran up my figure and found they're way to my face, his fingers pressing hard onto my cheekbones. I reached around his stomach and dug my nails into his back, making him kiss me even harder. Suddenly, the door banged downstairs, and we heard Gerard throw his keys on the side table. He was starting up the stairs, which caused Ray to pull away and stand up, a completely shocked look on his face.
"I’m sorry" He whispered, shaking his head. Gerard came in, and his face went from relived to rather confused.
"Ray" I sat up, my shirt unbuttoned down to my bra, showing my cleavage.
"I’m sorry" He pushed his way past Gerard, and I heard his door slam.

"What was that about?" Gerard asked, sitting down next to me and kissing my neck softly.
"I have no clue" I said, leaning in to his kisses
"I have no idea."