Status: completed

Broken Storm

68

Thorne's POV*

“I think she's waking up now....Were just gonna run a quick check to make sure she's all set. After that, we would suggest you take her home."
"Yeah...I'll do that."
I open my eyes slowly, avoiding a headache and glance over to my right.
I was in a hospital bed
Again.
"Okay....I'll leave you two alone for a minute. But when I return, you’re going to have to leave."
"Yes sir."

Mikey came over to my bed side and sat in the doctor stool, spinning it around once than stopping to face me.
"Hey. You scared us."
"Don’t be worried about me! Gerard was carted away! Oh god, Mikey your BROTHER was CARTED AWAY!"
"Yeah.... But... you passed out."
"Mikey-"
"OH! Nurse is back! Bye bye!" He ran out before I could finish my sentence.

"Hello again Mrs. Way. Were just gonna run a few tests. We think you just passed out from pure shock is all."
"Yeah. Uhmmmm is Gerard okay?"
"We got him into a stable condition and he is quickly returning to normal."
"So he's coming home?"
"No we meant normal as in his previous state, hun. What did you expect?"
"Nothing." I said, looking down at my fingers, nails all chewed up.
Did I do that?
Yuck.

The nurse flipped through her little clip board, wrote some stuff down then smiled at me.
"Like I said, just shock sweetie. You can go home. Don’t come back for a few days alright?"
"Yeah." I got out of the bed and into my chair, wheeling my way out and to Mikey.
"Goin' home?"
"Yeah."
"Cool."
"Sure."
"Let’s go then."
"Whatever."
"Hey....You 'kay?"
"Yeah..." I said, forcing a smile
"I’m fine."
He wheeled me out to the parking lot where Ray was waiting to drive me home.
We finally made it, and I made my way to my room where I collapsed on my bed, pulling Gerard's shirt over my head and slipping into my own coma.
One where Gerard was never coming home
One where No one can wake me.
I call this coma the blue.
And I wish I had never slipped into it.