Status: completed

Broken Storm

7

Gerard’s POV*
The sun filtered through the bared window. It was about 5 or 6 in the morning, I guess. I could see the dust in the air, dancing around. I looked across at Thorne, still asleep. The light cascaded over her small figure as she lay so peacefully in between the dirty prison sheets.
"Bang! Bang!" The loud noise made me jump, causing me to close my eyes incase Thorne woke up.
"What the Hell?" she asked out loud.
"Mmm." I replied, trying my hardest to seem sleepy. I felt my hair fall into my face, and I could feel her staring at me.
"What was that?" I mumbled, brushing the hair out of my face.
"Some idiot" Thorne replied almost too quickly. I watched her as she grabbed the shirt at the foot of her bed. In a moment a gruff man showed up at the bars.
"Alright you guys, get yourself up and into the showers."
I flipped on my side and watched Thorne flop down, putting a pillow over her head.
"Gerard?" she asked, but with the pillow over her head, all I heard was "germarm"
"What?"
"Where are the showers, and are they cleaner than the cafe?"
"You’re best off not knowing anything." I replied all too honestly.
She sat up and groaned and jumped off the bunk and onto the cold linoleum floors, causing her to cry out. I walked over, laughing as I pick up my foot, pointing to the bright orange socks.” I think these were kinda made so that doesn’t happen" I half chuckled, half spoke.
"Ha. ha." she grumbled, kicking the back of my legs lightly. Down the hall we trudged in silence, considering the guards were all over us.
The water in the showers was warmer than usual, which surprised me greatly. Thorne stepped in a few minutes before me, but I didn’t mind. The steam engulfed my body and I enjoyed it, embraced it. When I finally found the strength and will power to turn the water off, I turned around and loosely tied the towel around my hips. Water ran down my chest and in between my legs like sweat. I stepped out and Thorne just stared at me for a second before I stepped toward her, checking out her sleek, moist body. I whispered in her ear and she blushed a deep shade of maroon. Pulling up her towel I stood behind her, my eyes running up and down her body.
"Uhh, I’m going back now" she said, embarrassed. Back down the hall, past the cell containing my Fuck faced brother and my so-called friends. Back into the drab cell that we had to stay in. The guard slammed the thick mahogany door shut before locking us in. Thorne sat down on the bottom bunk, dripping wet. I sat down next to her.
"Sorry I looked, at least no one else saw."
"It’s ok" she said, still not making any eye contact. Her face restored that deep maroon color again.
I couldn’t help myself. My hand slipped out from in-between my legs and up to her face. My thumb grazed her cheekbone and she looked up into my eyes. I pierced through her like switchblades. Her hand reached up and covered mine. Making everything seemed so right, just like I wanted. Then it all fell into place.