Status: completed

Broken Storm

75

Gerard's POV*

I don’t think I could have been any happier than I was the second I climbed into the truck and had Thorne's head resting on my shoulder. I felt like an alien or something, coming to earth for the first time. Quick movements startled me, which had never happened before. And I looked around, taking in every color, scent, and sight I possibly could. I was glad Mikey didn't go as far as he did last time I was on the brink of death. As Mikey pulled into the driveway, Curiosity filled my head. Did anyone miss me?
Apparently so.
I stepped out of the truck and onto the solid ground, taking but three steps until I was bombarded by a rather large man in an Anthrax shirt.
"Are you Gerard?"
"Yes?"
"I'm Thorne's father. I have a few questions for you."
"Uhh okay?"
"Did you treat my daughter right in jail?"
"Yes"
"Have you told her you loved her?"
"Yeah."
"Did you ever have sex with her?"
"Uhh... No?"
"Yeah. Right"
"Maybe once"
"At least you told half the truth."
He looked me up and down.
"You’re approved"
"Thank you so much."

He turns around and hugs Thorne, then pulls away stating:
"Sweetheart I have an announcement. While you two were sick and out of the house, I made some arrangements. I reached both the families, booked some fancy stuff, and you two are going to have a wedding very, very soon."
"Daddy! You didn’t have to-"
"It doesn’t stop their doll. HEY! BOBERT!"
"Don’t call me that!" He yelled, coming out of the house with a box in his arms.
"Open it." She did.
"Daddy you bought me a dress! It's beautiful! Daddy oh my god!"
"Don't worry Gerard; we got your tux figured out too."
"Hey thanks."
"No problem." He patted me hard on the back, heading for his motorcycle. He mounted the bike, and then said.
"And Gerard."
"Yeah?"
"Call me Dad."