Status: completed

Broken Storm

87

Gerard's POV*

Laying in silence, I slowly opened my eyes. It was early in the morning, just around 3 or so. Turning over, I checked to make sure Thorne was still asleep. She was, and I watched the shadows of the flames dance around her, and on her. Sitting up quietly, I put both my feet on the ground, staring into the fire. The blue of the flames danced and jumped, throwing shadows on the wall that even I would mistake for otherworldy beings. Reaching under my pillow, I stopped breathing in fear of waking Thorne up. Gingerly, I pulled the envelope out and ran my fingers over the strong cursive letters on the front, and then stopped. Getting up, I walked to the fireplace and threw the letter in.
"Good ridance" I whispered, watching it go up in smoke.
"I'm not about to let you fuck this up....."
"What baby?" Thorne asked, proping herself up on her shoulders.
"Nothing hun, I'm just getting a drink." I lied, making my way to the bed.
"Mhmm."

Climbing in, She backed into me, where I rested my chin on the crown of her head and cupped her pale breasts. Our legs tangled and stayed that way, and I watched her fall asleep in my arms. Kissing the top of her head, I held her tighter and closer than before.
"I'll never let him hurt you, I promise." I whispered, falling asleep right where I belonged;

With my baby,
my angel,
my stranger,
my criminal,
my storm,
my wife,

With Thorne.