‹ Prequel: Make Me Bad
Sequel: Forever

Carry Me

Vingt Quatre

“Levia?”

Levia swore she heard someone say her name, but was too into the music to bother answering.

“Levia!”

Tapping her hands on the sides of the chair and bobbing her head back and forth, Levia closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of Disturbed filling her ears.

Her eyes snapped open when one of the headphones was ripped from her ear. She looked at Addison slightly annoyed.

“What?”

Addison smiled, her hair curled on only one side of her head, “You were spacing off.”

Levia felt her own hair being curled, the heat radiating off into her scalp, “I guess I was. Were you talking to me?”

“I was trying,” Addison chuckled, playing with one of her short ringlets.

“Sorry. Hey, aren’t you getting the other side of your hair done?” Levia asked. She knew it was a stupid question, but decided to ask anyway.

Addison laughed, “Yeah, once you’re done.”

Levia frowned, “But it’s your wedding, not mine. Shouldn’t you be more important today?”

Addison shrugged off her sister’s concern, “It’s no big deal. Besides, you need to be ready before the other girls because I need you to run some errands for me.”

Levia took out her other headphone and shut off her iPod, “What kinds of errands?”

“I need to visit all the guys, make sure everyone’s up to snuff. Oh, and check the decorations and make sure everything is okay. You know, stuff.”

Levia smiled, knowing what a perfectionist Addison could be. It was her wedding, after all, and her sister deserved the best for one of the more important days of her life.

CJ hadn’t been asked to be in the wedding, which didn’t surprise Levia one bit. Still, the younger girl hung around in the bride’s quarters with the bridesmaids. Leana did the same, and Levia was surprised she didn’t mind not being asked.

“Addison and I never knew each other that well,” Leana had answered, “we were just never as close as she was to her other girl friends.”

Veronica and Laney were chatting away, helping each other with their dresses. They chose to put their dresses on before hair and make up, even though it wouldn’t mess up anything to wait and put the dress on like Levia was. Amber was walking around in her underwear, apparently thinking that everyone wanted to look at her like that. It was starting to piss not only Levia off, but Addison as well.

Thirty minutes later, Levia’s hair was perfectly curled and into a bun on the back of her head. Small curls poked out every which way from the bun, which Addison loved. Two small, dark brown ringlets hung on either side of Levia’s face and her shorter bands were clipped off to the side with a silver hair pin.

Addison squealed and clapped her hands together as she sat down in the chair to get her own hair done by no other than Matt’s mother, Kim.

She was just glad her own mother had decided not to come down yet. Levia hoped she didn’t at all.

“You look gorgeous, Lev!”

Levia smiled, “Thanks, Ads. It’s for you, you know. And thanks so much, Mrs. Sanders.”

Kim laughed, “Please, call me Kim, Levia. We’re practically family now anyway. Addison’s been doing it since the day she met me.”

Addison smiled sheepishly, “Mrs. Sanders was far too formal.”

“So, should I go check on your stuff then, Ads?” Levia asked, twisting her ankle around.

Addison, along with Kim, winced when Levia’s ankle made the familiar, sickening cracking noise. She nodded at her younger sister.

“Please?”

“Shouldn’t I change first?” Levia asked out loud. She was wearing a pair of Addison’s tiny purple lounge shorts and a black Motley Crue shirt.

Addison shook her head, “Nope. Go visit the guys just the way you are. You can change before you go check the decorations, though.”

Kim smiled in amusement, “You’re trying to get her raped, aren’t you?”

“What? Me? No…”

Levia frowned at the laughing duo, crossing her arms over her chest and choosing to ignore Kim’s comment. Levia could see where Matt got his sense of amusement from.

“Must I?”

Addison nodded slightly, trying not to get burned by the hair curler, “Yep. It’s my wedding, you do as I say, missy!”

Levia slumped over, though she knew she couldn’t fight Addison’s gaze. Despite the situation being incredibly stupid to argue over, Levia knew that for some reason, her sister was out to torture her. Levia sighed, defeated, telling herself that she was only doing this because her sister was only getting married once, hopefully, and that she would do what she said.

Levia was never one to give orders herself. She just followed them.

“Fine.”

Addison grinned triumphantly, “Good. I’ll see you in a few, then.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Levia ignored the looks she got while walking by people in the halls. This church was absolutely huge, and Levia had never seen anything like it. Of course, she had always grown up in a smaller town, so there were smaller churches. But still, this place was gigantic.

She knew she was going to get lost trying to find the groom’s quarters way on the other side of the place, which she did. She had to ask various people how to get there, to which none of them knew. Of course.

Her white hi top Converse were starting to get scuffed up, since she had fallen on the slick floors more than once, plus fell down the last couple of stairs in the last hallway, and she was starting to get peeved. She had to have been gone for a least 15 minutes now, and she still had no idea where she was going. The dim lights lining the stone and wood walls, like come kind of creepy mansion, certainly didn’t help any either.

Levia caught the sound of masculine voices, and immediately brightened, recognizing one as Matt’s.

There was no mistaking the voice of M.Shadows, after all.

Levia jogged around the corner, sliding slightly but regaining her composer as her slide stopped two feet in front of Matt himself.

He hid his surprise, smiling at her instead, “Hey, Lev. What are you doing down here?”

She debated on telling him that Addison had sent her, but decided against it.

“I was told to come check up on you guys.”

“By who?”

Levia paused for a moment before answering, “Your mom.”

“Levia used a ‘your mom’ joke! Go Lev-Lev!”

Levia smiled as Jimmy came barreling out of the room and into the hallway, sweeping Levia off her feet and tossing her over his shoulder like he loved to do.

Matt laughed, “I see. And Jimmy, you giant stick, put the poor girl down!”

Levia flushed, knowing Matt was getting quite the show. She knew she shouldn’t have worn Addison’s shorts down here. That girl liked them too short, even by Levia’s standards.

“Don’t tell me you’re not enjoying it, you filthy baboon!” Jimmy yelled, running back into the room, Levia still slung over his shoulder. She hoped she wasn’t wrinkling his tuxedo.

“Oh, Jimbo! You brought us all a present!”

Levia buried her face into Jimmy’s back while she lay there upside down. All of the Avenged guys would be in here getting ready, and the Papa Roach guys were probably hanging out in here too. Could it get any worse?

Brian’s laugh echoed in the room, followed by two other familiar ones.

Johnny cleared his throat, “Nice to see you, Levia.”

“You mean nice to see her ass-hey!”

“Zacky! Don’t hit other people!” Matt scolded, laughing from behind Jimmy. He gave Levia an adorable dimpled smiled before getting close behind Jimmy to whisper to her.

“I think your boyfriend is jealous.”

Levia blushed, doubting it was true. Why would he care if his band mates stared at her ass?

Well she cared, obviously, since it was extremely embarrassing, but why would he?

Jimmy set her down, finally, and she took a moment to examine the room.

It was nearly as dim as the rest of the place, including the hallways and Addison’s room. She didn’t understand how anyone could even get ready in this place.

Jerry, Tobin, and Johnny sat on a couch facing Levia, giving her smiles in greeting. Jacoby and Tony were over by a mirror making strange faces, but turned around upon Levia’s arrival. Matt and Jimmy stood behind her, Jimmy much closer than she would like, and Brian and Zacky were standing in front of her. There were a couple of older men, whom Levia recognized as Matt and Brian’s fathers, cleaning up supplies. There was also a guy who looked to be about Johnny’s age standing next to Zacky. They looked really similar.

“Way to make an ass of yourself, son. You’re lucky her dad left to go to the bathroom, or your ass would be toast,” Brian’s father, whom Levia remembered to also be Brian, commented.

Brian, the younger one, laughed nervously, “Yeah.”

“Zacky might still kick your ass though,” Matt’s dad, Gary, said. Zacky grinned at Brian mischievously.

“So what brings you down here, Levee?” Jacoby asked, sauntering up in her direction, stopping beside Jimmy.

She looked around at all the guys, locking eyes with Zacky and giving him a small smile, which he returned, “I was told to come and check up on you all. To see how you were doing. I’ve done that so I can leave now-”

“Why leave so soon?” Zacky asked, gently grabbing her wrist and pulling her over in his direction, next to the boy who looked like him.

“Why don’t you say we leave the two lovebirds alone for a while?” Jimmy said somewhat seriously. He gave Jacoby, who scowled, a confused look.

The other guys went back to whatever they were doing, leaving Levia with Zacky and the other guy. He cleared his throat.

“I’m Matt, Zack’s brother.”

Levia took his outstretched hand and shook it, politely smiling, “Nice to meet you.”

“Just call him Matty, otherwise things get too confusing around here,” Zacky said, his hand sliding down into Levia’s.

Matty frowned, “You make me sound like I’m six.”

“You act like it.”

Matty turned his head to Levia, “You were right, Zack. She is really pretty.”

Levia turned pink at the comment, mumbling a ‘thank you’ while she stared at her dirty white shoes.

Zacky gave her hand a small squeeze, causing her to look up at him and return his smile, “I told you so.”

Levia ignored her face getting warmer as Zacky ran his eyes along her features. He probably thought she looked like she was wearing too much make up, since it was much more than she ever liked to wear. He probably thought her outfit make her look like a slut, and he probably wondered why she wasn’t dressed yet…

“You look really nice.”

Levia looked up, realizing that Matty had left and it was now just the two of them in the corner of the room. Everyone else appeared to be busy.

“Thanks,” she said quietly.

Zacky stepped closer to her, “Anytime.”

Levia looked across the room, catching Jacoby’s eye. He smiled slightly, though not like he normally did. Levia frowned.

She bit her lip and looked at the floor again, still embarrassed in Zacky’s presence and feeling awkward now that she knew Jacoby was looking again.

“I should probably head back and finish getting dressed.”

Zacky looked a little hurt, but he covered it up quickly. Now Levia really felt bad.

“I’ll see you afterwards?” She smiled hopefully.

Zacky looked happier again, “That you will.”

He gave her a peck on the lips and she pulled away, smiling slightly and squeezing his hand before she started to walk out of the room.

“Matt?” she called.

He turned around from the mirror, “Yeah?”

Levia smiled warmly, “Thank you.”

She ignored Matt’s confused expression along with Jacoby’s almost sad looking one and stepped out into the hallway. Her Converse had no traction, and she felt like she was ice skating going back through the halls.

She felt terrible for acting so distant from Zacky, as she had since yesterday, and it made it worse to see Jacoby standing there too. He was probably just having an off day today, she told herself. That’s his problem.

No, Levia, his problem is you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Levia smoothed out her dress, her fingers dancing over the ribbon in the middle.

The dress was a deep magenta, almost purple, with a light green bow tying it around the middle. The bow was more for decoration that actual use, but as tight as it was it sure felt like it was doing something. She cast a nervous look at Brian, who smiled reassuringly.

“It’s not even my wedding and I’m nervous,” Levia laughed quietly.

They stood in line, waiting to walk into the church and down the aisle, going to their respective sides. Brian and Levia were first, followed by Jimmy and Veronica, Zacky and Amber, and then Johnny and Laney. Jimmy and Brian argued about who should be the best man, and then decided both of them would be, but Jimmy still had to escort Veronica. It was a height thing.

Brian tightened their linked arms and Levia felt a little bit better.

“There’s nothing to be nervous about. We just walk up there, stand and look pretty for all the people while Matt and Addi show how in love with each other they are, then we leave and go party!”

Levia smiled, “You’re right. It’s fine. I’m just afraid I’ll…trip or something.”

Brian shook his head, “You won’t. And if you do, I’ll catch you like a knight in shining armor!”

He made a dramatic pose and Levia giggled. Zacky, upon hearing Levia’s giggle, looked around Jimmy and gave Brian a look. Brian stuck out his tongue.

Jimmy was talking with Veronica about bumblebees, much to her amusement, and Zacky soon joined in on the conversation, though he kept an eye on Brian.

“Jacoby was watching you this morning.”

Levia looked at Brian, confused, “Huh?”

“Jacoby,” he said, looking straight ahead and waiting for the doors to open, “he was jealous of you and Zacky.”

Levia scoffed, “Yeah, right.”

Brian turned to her, his face serious, “He was. I don’t understand why you keep denying it.”

She tensed a bit at his tone, whispering back harshly, “Because it’s too…surreal. Besides, I have a boyfriend, whom I like very much, and even if I want someone else too I wouldn’t do that to him.”

“I see,” Brian said. He looked deep in thought, and Levia didn’t feel the need to disturb him.

The doors opened and Levia put her other hand on Brian’s tuxedo clad bicep. He gave her another reassuring smile and they stepped inside.

Levia clutched her bouquet tightly in her hands, glancing around at all the people, who were watching the wedding party with interest as they sat in the pews. Levia caught sight of her father and his family, including CJ in the front row, and they all smiled at her. In the second row was her mother’s family, all of whom weren’t paying attention, other than Emma and Rose were also smiling at Levia. On the other side of the aisle were Matt’s family and friends, most of whom Levia recognized. She spotted Jacoby and smiled involuntarily at him. When she realized she was smiling and he was smiling back, she quickly averted her eyes to the floor. She glanced up at him again as they passed, and he winked at her.

Ignoring the pink feeling on her cheeks, she kept walking with her head held high. For a split second, she got a flash of images: her walking down this very aisle with her father clad in her own wedding dress, familiar faces lining the sides of the small steps at the front of the sanctuary. She shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts.

Levia gave Matt a smile, as did Brian, once they got closer. Levia and Brian split, going to their separate sides and waiting, watching everyone else pile in.

Levia watched with pride as her sister, looking as beautiful as ever, was escorted down the aisle with her father at his side. Sparing a quick glance at Matt, she saw he couldn’t take his eyes off of Addison, and his eyes looked glossy.

Being the sensitive soul she was, Levia felt her own eyes start to water, and restrained herself from crying. She saw Zacky watching her with worry, and gave him a smile. He smiled back and Levia felt those familiar butterflies flutter in her abdomen.

Levia was overwhelmed with some kind of girlish emotion as Matt and Addison exchanged their vows. It was so sweet, the way they looked at each other, the way they spoke to each other, the way they had eyes for no one but each other.

She gave a small glance back at the bridal party and saw that Veronica and Laney were also struggling with tears while Amber just looked bored. Levia made a mental note to trip the bitch later.

Turning back, she was met with the sight of Matt and Addison kissing and the onlookers erupted in applause. Levia bit her lip as a couple tears slipped, and Addison turned to look at her, grinning like a kid with candy. Matt was the same way, and Levia mouthed ‘congrats’ to both of them.

They nodded and Matt swept up Addison, no surprise, bridal style and carried her out of the church, the rest of the wedding party following. Zacky caught up with Levia and grabbed her hand, helping her down the stairs. She smiled appreciatively at him, finding his need to be a gentleman adorable.

Brian slapped Zacky on the back as they approached the limo, “I say it’s time to have some fun, huh?”

Levia nodded enthusiastically and Zacky laughed.

“Time to get this party started.”
♠ ♠ ♠
last one for tonight. I dunno when the next one will be up, but hopefully it won't take too long. I know what I want to do with the story now. I have since the beginning haha.

Addison's dress
Levia's dress

the rest will be the reception, and after that the story will end. unless you guys want a sequel? I'd be more than happy to write one!

I lost my inspiration for a while, but Breaking Benjamin has brought it back. so thank them haha.

comments are awesome :D