‹ Prequel: Make Me Bad
Sequel: Forever

Carry Me

Vingt Sept

Zacky frowned. This sucked.

Papa Roach had finally finished their set after another song, with Matt telling them it was his wedding, not a concert, and the wedding party still needed to have their dance, Matt and Addison’s wedding dance. It was funny, really, how Jacoby reacted. It was all fun and games, though, so no one’s feelings were really hurt.

Not yet, anyway.

Their wedding song was, surprise, surprise, Pantera’s ‘This Love’. Zacky didn’t understand how to why they would possibly choose that song, but both of them loved Pantera and it wasn’t Zacky’s wedding, so he didn’t really care.

It was kind of hard to slow dance to, though.

Zacky had the loosest grip possible on Amber, but it just wasn’t loose enough. He didn’t want to be touching her at all, much less holding her the way he was supposed to. Her arms, which were around his neck, kept pulling him closer to her as the seconds ticked by. Inside he just wanted to scream and run.

His eyes drifted over to Levia, who was dancing with Brian. It looked like they were having a conversation, a serious one at that. Levia looked pained, like Brian was talking about something she didn’t want to speak of. Zacky frowned. When Levia wasn’t happy, he really wasn’t happy either.

Everyday he wanted to slap himself upside the head. It was like high school all over again with this thing he had for Levia. It reminded him of the days where he would sit in class and dream about whatever girl he was into at the moment. He could count on one hand the girls that he never could get off his mind, and Levia was becoming one of them.

Something Brian said made Levia crack a smile, and Zacky found himself smiling too. He wished he could hear her soft, quiet laugh. It matched Levia’s personality, to an extent. He had only really seen two sides to Levia: her normal, shy self, and her pissed off self. She was beginning to open up to Zacky, much to his happiness, so there was also a third side he was starting to see.

From behind Levia, Zacky could see her family watching from their table. Zacky smiled to himself as he was reminded of Papa and Nana Wallace. The two had really taken a liking to Zacky, which confused him. Most grandparents, even parents, of his previous girlfriends never really cared for him. Of course, he had never done anything to make them not like him; he had only ever been himself. It was nice to know that this time, his girlfriend’s family actually didn’t hate him.

Nana Wallace was a pretty interesting character. The minute she found that Zacky knew German, even though it was only a little, she started chatting away. Zacky, feeling comfortable enough around the older woman, had tossed a few German pick up lines he had learned from the band’s last tour in Germany, along with what he knew from his own grandparents, at her to see her reaction. This had amused Nana, and even Papa, Wallace greatly.

“Oh? Would you look at that? Looks like there’s another song we have to dance to together.”

Zacky looked down at Amber, who was smiling at him provocatively. He had never really cared for Amber after finding out what a manipulative and sneaky bitch she was, especially towards Addison. Before that, he hated to admit, he actually had a bit of interest in her.

Now he was flat out disgusted by her.

Zacky scowled and made grunted unhappily, turning his head in Levia’s direction and hoping for a distraction.

As if she could sense him looking, she turned herself and her eyes met his. They both stayed like that, staring at each other as the slow song continued. Levia’s head sat on Brian’s shoulder, and the two were a bit close for Zacky’s liking, though he knew Brian would never try anything on her and that Levia was situated that way for the sole purpose of watching Zacky.

He ignored Amber trying to get closer to him and continued to look over her head at Levia. Only this time when he looked, she wasn’t looking back. She was looking off to the side.

Zacky followed her gaze to the best of his ability, and was met with the sight of Jacoby sitting off to the side of the dance floor, chugging back a bottle of water. He dumped the remainder of it over his head, water droplets cascading down his face and effectively soaking his hair and dress shirt. Zacky had to admit, if he went that way, the sight would be pretty endearing.

He scrunched his brow, not believing what he had just thought. Was he turning gay?

Zacky ignored his own thoughts and glanced back at Levia to see that she had resumed looking at him, her eyes flickering over to Jacoby every once in a while.

Zacky felt a bit…jealous. He wanted Levia to stare at him the hungry way she was with Jacoby. Obviously, she didn’t realize she was doing it, but still. He had to do something to get her attention away from Jacoby.

Zacky tensed when he felt hands slide from his neck, down his shoulders, down his back, and even further. He jerked away from Amber, not wanting her to touch him that way.

She smiled, her hair falling into her face and her dress suddenly seeming much lower. Her smile was devious, and it reminded Zacky of some kind of seductress.

She ran her fingers down one of Zacky’s tuxedo clad arms, her other arm winding around his neck again. She pulled him close, her lips brushing against his ear.

“We’re supposed to dance, Zacky,” she whispered, her name rolling off her tongue like silk, “and that requires us to be…close.”

Zacky would be lying if he said he wasn’t impressed with her skills. Her mannerisms were already attracting the attention of nearby men, who looked at Zacky with envy. He had the urge to shove her away, but knew he couldn’t do that. He didn’t want to start anything at Matt and Addison’s wedding.

He had no idea what exactly Amber meant by ‘close’, but he did know that he wanted none of it. He only wanted to be close, physically and emotionally, to Levia.

Zacky gave his attention back to Levia, and saw that she was glaring daggers into Amber’s back. When she noticed Zacky watching, she looked up and gave him a sad smile. He nearly felt his heart sink at the sight of it.

She thought he was enjoying this.

Zacky gave Levia the most pleading look he could muster, but she had already turned away, tucking her head into Brian’s chest. Brian looked at her, not understanding until he saw Zacky’s begging expression.

Brian frowned and sighed, leaning down to whisper something into Levia’s ear. Zacky felt that feeling again, what he assumed was jealousy, though he had no reason to feel it towards Brian. It was Jacoby he needed to worry about.

Brian looked back up at Zacky and shrugged, causing Zacky to groan and close his eyes before glaring at Amber with all the strength he had.

She didn’t back down or even cower, just merely smile and lick her lips at him.

Zacky gave the back of Levia’s head one last, sad look.

He wanted this to be over soon.

---------------------------------------------------------

After the long, horrid dances with Amber, Zacky fled to the safety of the men’s bathroom, though he didn’t put it past Amber to come in here too.

What was her deal with him?

He put his hands on the sink and bent over, trying to catch his breath. He wasn’t exactly in the best shape, and he hadn’t even ran the whole way.

Yes, Zacky Vengeance ran to the bathroom to flee from an obsessive, annoying chick.

It wouldn’t be the first time.

The door to the bathrooms opened and Zacky didn’t even look. He was disturbed from his thinking when a deep voice chuckled.

“Hiding from someone?”

He whipped around and came face to face with Matt.

“Shouldn’t you be out there enjoying your wedding?”

Matt shrugged and unzipped his pants, going over to one of the stalls and stepping inside, “Had to take a piss.”

Zacky nodded and rested his back against the front stall, which Matt was in, “So how did you know I was hiding from someone?”

Matt chuckled, and Zacky tried to hide the mental scars that threatened to come out after years of touring together. They had all seen more of each other than they cared to, those guys.

“I saw how you were acting with Amber. You looked like you wanted to kick her ass and then swoop Levia up in your arms and run to the hills.”

Zacky stared absentmindedly into the opposite wall, “What the fuck?”

Matt chuckled again and the toilet flushed, “Aw, come on, Zack, you know it’s true.”

Zacky opened his mouth to object, but knew he couldn’t fight against what Matt said, no matter how weirdly he worded it.

Matt came out of the stall and washed his hands, giving Zacky a thankful look.

“I really do appreciate you putting up with Amber and her shit,” he said, drying his hands off on paper towels, “it means a lot to Addi.”

Zacky nodded, “Sure, sure.”

Truth be told, he did it more for Matt than Addison. For some reason, the two had just never really gotten along that well.

Matt stopped before exiting, turning around to study Zacky, “I know I’ve asked both of you a million times before, but what do you and Addi have against each other?”

“I don’t know for sure myself,” Zacky answered, scratching the back of his head.

Matt sighed before opening the door and leaving, “Well when you two figure it out, let me know. In the mean time, let’s get shitfaced and high off our asses!”

Zacky chuckled as Matt made obscene hands gestures and followed his band mate out the door. His eyes immediately searched for Levia, and he sighed, a light laugh escaping his lips when he found her.

“They always get to her first, just to torture her, don’t they?”

Matt laughed, “That they do. They’ve got it out for the both of you.”

He pat Zacky on the shoulder and left, probably to go find his wife. Zacky shook his head.

Poor Levia.

--------------------------------------------------------

Under normal circumstances, Levia would have been mortified and slinked off into a corner to avoid social interaction with any people of the male variety.

But these were not normal circumstances.

It was her sister’s wedding, the first and hopefully the last, and Levia wasn’t about to let the opportunity to enjoy herself slip away.

Despite having seen that bitch Amber rub all up on her boyfriend during the wedding party’s slow dances, Levia was ready to go out and dance and have the time of her life.

Brian had told her that he knew for a fact how disgusted Zacky was by Amber, and could tell by the way he was staring at Levia that she was the one he wanted to dance with, to be with. Levia nearly melted at the thought.

She trusted Zacky, and even if she didn’t trust Amber further than she could throw her, she believed that Zacky wouldn’t do anything.

It was herself Levia was more worried about…

At the moment, though, none of that mattered.

Addison’s request for the music, for the time being, had been ‘music we can all grind and get freaky to’, and that’s exactly what the DJ was currently playing.

Levia was in the middle of the crowded dance floor, Brian behind her and Jimmy in front. It actually surprised Levia how well both of them could dance. Not that she expected them to be bad, but who knew they could grind this good?

Levia nearly chuckled at her own statement. She was such a weirdo.

“Enjoying yourself?” Brian yelled into Levia’s ear. The music was so loud that despite the fact that he was right behind her, she still could barely hear him.

Levia nodded, “You could say that.”

“Bet you wish Zacky was here instead of us, huh, Lev-Lev?” Jimmy asked, a slight pout to his shout.

What he said was true, but Levia still shook her head, “Of course not! My Jim-Jim and Bri-Bri are much better dancers!”

Jimmy nodded in approval and reached behind Levia, grabbing a hold of Brian. Brian did the same, and Levia was sandwiched between them. If she wasn’t already hot and probably sweating, her face would probably have a nice little tint to it.

“Lev-Lev sandwich!” they cheered.

Her thoughts flickered to Zacky and Jacoby. If only both of them danced with her this way, at the same time…

“Someone is having a happy daydream,” Jimmy sang in a sing-song voice.

Brian chuckled, “You’re daydreaming about Zacky and Jacoby replacing me and Jimmy, aren’t you?”

Levia turned so her back was now to Jimmy and she was facing Brian, still smashed tightly between them.

“How do you always know?! You’re like Addi!” she said disbelievingly.

Brian smirked, “I am just that good.”

“In bed!” Jimmy yelled, earning a few strange looks from nearby grinders.

“You would know,” Brian shouted, wiggling his eyebrows at Jimmy.

Jimmy laughed into Levia’s ear, “Take me now, Bri!”

Levia suddenly felt like the third wheel in a bad porno and scanned her eyes across the crowd for someone she would recognize.

Like Zacky.

Or Jacoby.

She found her boyfriend at the side of the room by the bathrooms, and as they had been doing all night, locked eyes. Even from this distance, in the dim light, she could see his green eyes shining. She gave him a wide smile, which he returned even wider.

The song ended and Levia sighed in relief. She was glad she had taken those heels off when she did, or her feet would be killing her right now.

Brian and Jimmy allowed her to escape to freedom from their endless terror of grinding and Levia did a litter cheer in her head. She was free!

She began to head towards Zacky, hoping to dancing with him next, but her hopes were short lived.

“Where do you think you’re going? The party’s just begun!”

Levia let out a loud groan as Leana tugged her back out onto the dance floor.

Looks like Zacky would have to wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah! only a couple more chapters! it makes me sad, yes.

but I will try to get the sequel summary up soon. dunno how soon I'll start the sequel though...you all know how I am with updates haha.

comments are amazing. thank you all so much for reading and commenting and keep 'em comin'! :)