My Heart Is Yours

You Make Me the Happiest of Men

Max’s pov

Gab and Leila weren’t supposed to join us until today, when we were in New York and everything. However, they came a day early. Which meant that Wednesday and I were kind of free from Lily’s constant attention. Because that little girl of ours was completely entertained by getting to spend time with her best friend. I was so mad at myself still that I had missed so much of her life already…

But because Lily wasn’t around us all the time, it meant that Wendy and I got some alone time. Finally. We were staying a hotel for the next few days while we stuck around in this area, and we had a day off tomorrow and the day after. I was rather excited about those two days off because for the last week that Wendy’s been on the bus, I’ve pretty much been sleeping the entire time she’s awake. So I was pretty excited to just get to spend time with my girl. It was definitely something that I needed.

Currently, we were walking our way from the venue through the streets of New York City to get to the hotel. It was kind of chilly, for it being the first week of October. Wendy and Gab had stuffed the little girls into thicker coats like any over-bearing mother would and the two were currently walking hand-in-hand between myself and Craig. The both of us also held onto our daughter’s hand as well as onto our girlfriends. Sure, we created quite the traffic jam with the six of us, but whatever. People could walk around for all we cared. They were big sidewalks and we were famous.

Robert and Bryan tagged along behind, chatting amongst themselves with Tim Harmon in the mix of that as well.

I hugged Wendy closer to my side as we waited for a cross-walk to light up and let us through. She grinned at me and leaned over for a kiss, her hand finding the one that I had wrapped around her waist and squeezing.

“I love you,” she said against my mouth as she pulled away.

“I love you, too.”

“Ewww! Mushy! Get a room, you two! Gross!” Robert whined from behind us, causing Gab and Craig to laugh. Wendy turned to glare at him as Lily looked up at me and her mother.

“Shut up, Robert. You’re no better when you get with your girl,” I informed him, turning my head to look at him as my daughter tugged on my hand and prompted me to move forward.

It took us another fifteen minutes to get to the hotel, and after we did, Lily insisted on staying with Leila that night. Wendy didn’t care and Gab was glad to have her under her wing. However, Craig pouted about it for a few minutes, complaining that he wasn’t going to get any time with Gab if both kids were there. After that, Gab told him something that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know what they were saying or not…. Probably not…

But he chilled out after that and Wendy and I now had our hotel room to ourselves. It was great.

We were currently watching a movie on some retarded television channel that the hotel offered. I hated that hotels never had cable in them. Or if they did, they never had any good fucking channels. And if they did, there was never anything good on. I could probably do better in life if I didn’t complain so much, but whatever. It was a little late for that now, wasn’t it?

“You know what we should do?” she asked me, lifting her head off of my chest and turning to me. I raised a brow beneath my hair, not entirely sure if I wanted to find out or not.

Alright, so I totally wanted to know what was going through her mind right now.

“Get Subway.”

I grinned at that prospect. The last time I’d had Subway with Wendy was during one of our dates before she left. It had kind of become customary for us to eat Subway. I don’t even know why the hell I started it, but at the time it was cheap and Subway was my favorite fast food joint, so it worked out. And she thought it was cute, I think, so she dealt with it.

“We totally should. Come on, let’s go.” I grinned at her as we both stood and began fighting with our shoes to get them on our feet.

God we’re dorks…

It took us forever to walk around New York to find a fucking Subway. Who knew that a City that had twenty million different McDonald’s joints would have Subway restaurants that hid from the world. And it didn’t help that when I tried asking someone for directions, they looked like I was crazy and pointed me towards the actual subway train system. Which got old after the second person I asked, so Wendy and I just kept our conversation to ourselves as we wandered around.

“So is there anything else I need to know about you or my daughter that I don’t already know?” I asked as we crossed the street to go searching down the next block.

“Nope. Other than Alex is going to kill you if you pull a stunt like that again, but you already knew that…” she told me, reaching a hand up to brush her hair away from her face. I sighed and nodded, stopping on the sidewalk to grab her and pull her into my chest. When she’d last been able to get a hold of her…friend in Florida a couple of days ago, he’d insisted on talking to me and chewing my ass. It was kind of intimidating. Oh fuck, who am I kidding? It was way intimidating that someone else cared for Wendy as much as I did…

And it was scary because I didn’t want her to get anywhere close to him again and have him take her away from me…

I’d already had to face the feeling of almost losing her once, having to lose her one hundred percent was not something that was on my ‘to-do’ list.

I hugged her for a few more minutes with her hugging me back before I pulled away and cupped her face in my hands. “I’ve said it once, but I’ll say it again, Wendy. I love you more than anything else in the world. There is no way in hell I’m going to fuck up again because I can’t handle losing you again. It was the worst thing that I had to go through and I would never wish that on anyone.”

She smiled meekly back at me and reached her hands around to grab at mine, turning her head into the palm of my left hand and kissing my palm sweetly.

“I know, Max. And I love you, too. More than you could know. You think I’d actually be here right now if I didn’t love you? And don’t worry about him, Max. Alex just worries because he cares. He’ll warm up to you eventually, that man is incapable of hating anyone.” Her sage green eyes met mine and I bent my head slightly to kiss her. When we pulled away from one another to continue on our way to Subway, I noticed that she was shivering slightly. I frowned and removed my leather jacket, wrapping it around her slender shoulders with a small smile.

“Max, I’m fine.”

“Liar. Just wear it and make me happy, okay?”

“You’ll be cold.”

“Will not. Please?” I gave her my best pleading puppy dog face and she sighed, rolling her eyes and slipping her arms through the sleeves. Grinning triumphantly, I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into my side before we continued walking.

It took us another five minutes before we found a damn Subway restaurant. It was a good thing that we found it, too. Because I was about to die of starvation and I think Wendy was starting to get annoyed with all my complaining. “Yes! Fuck yes! Finally! The Subway god has smiled upon us!” I exclaimed as we walked faster towards the restaurant. Wednesday laughed at me before trotting after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! Another chapter for everyone! I will be working on this much more often because I'm on break for the holidays, so that means two and a half weeks of being able to just sit and write daily. The half is coming from the fact that I'm taking the rest of the week off for personal days because high school is about to kill me. x3 Can't wait to graduate! I'll be putting in my applications soon and then hopefully I get word about everything soon! ^^

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the support on this and for being really patient with me in waiting for chapters to come out. I love you so much, so thank you! <3 Having 76 subscribers and 8 stars is a big deal to me, so thank you everyone!

In other news, I've got a new story that I just started a couple of days ago and will be working on along with this one. Check it out for me, please? You Kill Me With Your Touch.

Please comment or subscribe, guys! I love it when I get comments or see new subscribers! ^^

The title for this chapter comes from the song "With Eyes Wide Shut" by BlessTheFall.