My Heart Is Yours

Can’t Believe We Almost Hung it Up, We’re Just Getting Started

Max’s pov

I couldn’t believe how lucky I had gotten. After all the times that I had fucked up and after all the times that I had done wrong to so many people, Wendy especially, I was finally getting a chance to just…be happier than ever before. I couldn’t believe she’d said yes. I still couldn’t believe that she had said yes. I was such a fuck up with everything. But there she was. With the ring on her finger and all mine. No one else’s. Just mine.

Like she always should have been. I should have never gone down the path that I did that made her run from me, especially when she had Lily and everything like that. Then again, I didn’t know so I guess I couldn’t really have anything to do with that. But at the same time, I should have never broken our promise and gotten fucked up that night.

But I had her now. I had her and Lily and we were going to have our family. I was finally going to have Wednesday and I was never going to let her go. Shit, it was going to be hard enough to see Lily grow up…and she’d only been in my life for a few weeks now…

Having those two girls in my life was keeping me relatively sober. I’d have the occasional beer with the guys, but because I knew that Wendy didn’t like it when I was drunk and I had a feeling that she didn’t want her or our daughter around me when I was shit-faced, I kept from getting bad.

I guess that I was still trying to prove myself to her, even though she was all mine. I don’t know…but I was just trying to do everything in my power to make sure that she wouldn’t leave again. And if I had to stop all my substance use to do that, that was fine with me. I didn’t want to do something that would make the two most important people in my life, other than my mom, leave me. That could just not happen. Ever again.

“Mama! When do we get to see Daddy’s house?” Lily asked, bouncing up towards us from the back of the bus. We were on our way back to Vegas, about an hour away now on our way from Los Angeles. Another hour and we would be home. And Lily and Wendy would get to see the dump that I had been living in for the last few years.

Oh shit…I never actually cleaned before we left for tour, did I? Fuck!

“Soon, baby girl. Be patient, okay? And it’s not just Daddy’s house anymore, it’s our house, too,” Wendy’s voice sounded from beside me as our daughter crawled into her lap.

An hour and ten minutes later, all spent with my worrying about how the hell Wendy was going to handle being surrounded by the filth I’d left in my apartment, the bus pulled up and dropped us off. Robert tossed our bags down to me from the bus, giving a wave before he shut the door and the bus drove on.

Shit. Now I had to find someway to stall Wendy so that I could go clean up my little apartment and fast.

“So which one are you in, Maxie?” Wendy asked, smiling as she turned around from watching the bus drive off to watching me. I, on the other hand, was staring at the building with a slightly nervous expression on my face.

“Um…so uh…I don’t know if you really…”

“Max, if your place is dirty, I don’t really care. I just want to crash on an actual bed for once,” she interjected, smiling over at me as she bent to lift up our daughter into her arms. I sighed, nodding before I moved to grab my duffel bag and theirs, tilting a bit as I tried to regain my balance once I stood again. “Babe, let me help you carry those.”

“No, I got it.”

“Maxwell Green, just let me help you carry the bags. Marriage is not going to work for us if you do everything for me,” she said, setting down our daughter and walking over to grab her bag off of my back. I smiled at her, bending to kiss her quickly as Lily giggled. I swear, that little girl of ours’ reaction to us getting married was adorable.

We’d told her the morning after I proposed, sitting her down in the back of the bus while the rest of the guys all snored their lazy asses off in the bunk hall. I’m pretty sure she already guessed what we were going to tell her because she was pretty bouncy and she’d already seen the ring on her mother’s finger. Not that Lily wasn’t bouncy to begin with - something that Wendy blames on me…even though she’s probably write - but she just seemed extra bouncy. And when we told her, she just grinned and clapped her hands, bouncing even more and saying ‘yay’ a few times over again. Along with a few other excited little squeals and giggles. She was adorable.

“Fine…” I said, kissing my girl again quickly before pulling away and readjusting the bags in my arms. Wednesday draped hers over her shoulder and held a hand down for our daughter to hold. “We’ll be up on the second floor, in number 208.”

We walked up the stairs to the second floor and walked down the outer balcony. I patted around in the pockets of my jeans for the key. Upon not finding it, I sighed and dropped my bag, grumbling to myself as I dug through.

“Daddy what’re you lookin’ for?” Lily asked, walking over to me and crouching down in front of me. I smiled up at her as I unzipped another pocket on it.

“The key to the door, sweetie. I forgot to put it-” I stopped talking as she held out her hand with the key in it. I blinked, confused before she giggled.

“Remember? You gave it to me afore we got off the bus.”

Oh. Well okay then, that would explain why I couldn’t find it… I smiled and thanked her, taking it from her little hand before I zipped up my bag and stood again, leaning forward to stick the key in the lock and twisting, pushing the door open as it clicked. I winced at the dirt that was on the floor and the random shit laying all over the floor as I flicked the light on and held the door open for my girls.

“Welcome home,” I told them, smiling despite the fact that I was pretty embarrassed by the whole situation.

“God, Max, when was the last time you cleaned?” Wendy said, turning to me with a playful smile as she ushered our daughter in. I smiled and rolled my eyes, going back out onto the landing to grab my bag before going back inside the dim apartment and closed the door behind me.

The shades were closed on all the windows, like they almost always were. Alright, so I had a problem with the daylight considering the fact that, when I was off of tour and not working on band shit, I’d get fucked up with the guys and then crash for the day. I was pretty much nocturnal when I wasn’t on tour or anything like that. Not like I wasn’t nocturnal to begin with, but still.

Of course, now that I was going to be living with Wendy and our daughter, I didn’t think I was going to get much chance to go out and party like I used to.

Which isn’t a bad thing, but still…

“Where should we put our stuff?” Wednesday asked, pulling me from staring daggers into the pile of dirty clothes in the corner of my living room to her. She was smiling softly at me and it meant the world to me that she didn’t seem to really care about the mess.

Though she was probably going to wind up cleaning up the entire place for me in the next few days…

One thing was for sure, I was never good at cleaning. And I still wasn’t. I’d feel bad about her cleaning everything, but maybe I could convince her to just like…ignore it for a few days or something. Which wasn’t likely.

“Well my - our room is down the hall on the right and then Lily can probably sleep in the spare room, which is the last door on the left.”

“You have a spare room?”

“Yeah. I had to get a two-bedroom because Craig usually stays over here when he’s in Vegas and everything…”

“I see… Well now I feel bad for making Craig not be able to stay here…” she said, chewing on her lower lip and frowning over at me slightly. I sighed and shook my head, walking over to her after dropping mine and Lily’s bags on the couch and wrapping my arms around her.

“It’s fine, babe. He’s staying with Bryan anyway and then he goes back to Phoenix tomorrow. No big deal, I promise, okay?” I moved to kiss her as Lily ran over and began tugging on Wendy’s shirt. She smiled and pulled away, crouching down to our daughter’s level as the little girl whispered something in her ear. Another smile lit up her face and she looked up at me.

“Bathroom?”

“Oh! First door on the left,” I told them, nodding awkwardly as our daughter thanked me and skipped off down the hall again. Wendy stood again and moved back to hug me after dropping her bag on the floor as well.

“So not that it’s a big deal or anything, but do you know when would be the best time for planning the wedding and to have it and everything?” she asked, her eyes sparkling despite the dingy fluorescent lights that lit up my apartment. I sighed, thinking and then shrugging.

I had completely forgot that she was probably going to be the one having to plan everything for the wedding because of the fact that, until April, I was only staying a couple of weeks in Vegas at a time.

Oh shit…
♠ ♠ ♠
So I completely suck, I know... Dx I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long on such a shitty update... xP I've just been under stress to get caught up in all my classes and that created a HUGE roadblock in my writing ability. -dies-

But here you guys go. I'm really hoping that you won't have to wait this long for the next update, but I can't make any promises to you guys right now. xP I do hope you like this update, even though I’m really not fond of it in any way, shape, or form...I kinda really hate myself for this update, honestly. x3 And before I go any further with thanking everyone that's commented and what not, I blame Alesana for my being able to write this chapter. xD Their new album is amazing and I highly recommend you guys go listen to it on their MySpace page if you guys listen to stuff like that. -nodnod-

ANYWAY! Thanks to my 76 subscribers! Thank you guys for sticking with this even if I'm being a loser and not updating... xP And thank you to IWillMakeYouScream, VIT-A-MIN WATER!, xDarkFairyTalexx, escape the fate, shellshell., soochie, and xMurderxTEEVEEx for commenting. <3 You guys are awesome!

Please comment / subscribe!

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Looking Up" by Paramore.