My Heart Is Yours

Close Your Eyes Little Girl

Wednesday’s pov

Ah…Halloween…

Quite possibly the greatest holiday of all other holidays. The only thing you really needed to buy was costumes and candy. And decorations, of course, if you wanted to go all out.

Which Max and Lily wanted to, of course. Max sort of dragged Lily into the idea of going all out with Halloween decorations this year. And then he convinced her to convince me to go along with it. Not that I really had too much of a problem with it. I loved Halloween, just not as much as Max always had.

And now my daughter was going to be infused with the ultimate Halloween spirit because her father was the king of loving that damned Holiday. It was cute, to see them both so excited about the whole thing.

We had gone shopping yesterday for our costumes, along with Craig and the rest of the boys. It was much easier to shop for what to be for Halloween when your only choice for shopping wasn’t limited to the local Walmart or driving for an hour or so out of Tallahassee.

And as much as I had loved the climate of Florida and loved the people that I had made friends with there, I loved being in Vegas much better and I didn’t really miss Tallahassee as much as I probably should have…

I still missed Alex and Derek and everything, but as for everything else? Yeah. Definitely not.

“Babe, you okay?” Max asked, waving a hand in front of my face. I blinked, turning to look at him and nodding.

“Yeah, why?”

“You just looked like you were spacing. And you were. So I decided to stop that,” he said, grinning at me. I smirked and moved to peck his lips softly, lingering for a bit before I pulled away again and rested my head on his shoulder.

To be honest, the last thing I wanted right now was for tomorrow to come. Because tomorrow meant that Max was going to have to leave early in the morning with the rest of the guys to Los Angeles for a week. Now, a week isn’t that long and I know that I can survive it, but still… I’d just rather not have to go without seeing him for a week… But then I’d have him again for two weeks. Which was going to be nice because the next time I saw him wasn’t going to be until a few days before Christmas. Those three weeks were definitely going to be a total drag.

I didn’t look forward to being the wife of a traveling rock star. Something about it, although I trusted Max one hundred percent and always would, just made me nervous and worry that something bad was going to happen. But, like I said, I trusted Max beyond anything else and I know that he loves me more than anything, so I really shouldn’t have to worry. Doesn’t mean that keeps me from worrying all the same…

“Mama! When are we gonna go trick-or-treating!?” Lily whined from the next room and I smirked as I lifted my head to see that little girl of mine come skipping down the hall in her white rabbit costume. Yes, because Max had left me with the duty to decide what we were going to dress up as, I had gone with Alice in Wonderland. Why? Because Lily and I both loved that damn movie and it was just awesome.

“Soon, sweetie. We’re just waiting for Craig, Gab, and Lei to get here,” I said, opening my arms so that my daughter could climb into my lap. Her face lit up when I mentioned her best friend and I grinned back at her, loving the fact that Gab and Leila would be spending the next few months here in Vegas with me and Lily.

Why? Well because I needed someone to help me with the wedding planning and Gab and I both needed to keep ourselves sane one way or another while both of our guys were gone. It was a pretty regular thing, though, when Craig went off touring, Gab would usually come stay with us. Or we would go stay with Gab.

“Yay!” she exclaimed, grinning again and bouncing slightly in my lap. Max’s tattooed hand moved around to pat her head.

“Where’re your ears, Lils?” he asked, moving around to grin at her. Her little hands moved to her head and then she hopped out of my arms and back to her room, Max and I chuckling as we watched her.

“Speaking of, where’s your hat, Max? And the rest of your costume, for that matter?” I asked, him, turning to grin at him lightly. He grinned at me and hugged me closer to his side, his arms tightening comfortably around me. Lily was the only one that had been dressed in her costume from the morning. Max and I, on the other hand, had wound up kind of putting it off until the last minute.

“I could ask you the same thing,” he said, his voice a bit husky as he leaned down to give me a kiss. Which lasted for a few amazing seconds before Lily came skipping through the living room and opened the door to reveal a fully decked out Craig, Leila, and Gabby. So apparently they had knocked on the door and we had not heard it. Awesome. Way to go Max for completely taking away my awareness of what was going on around me.

I grinned as I stood, Max grabbing at my waist and whining at me before he let me go to go greet our best friends.

“Craig, you’re such a loser,” I said, grinning as I saw what he was dressed up as. Zorro. God he’s such a loser…

“I am not!” he whined, his hands on his hips as he glared at me from behind his mask. I only continued to smirk and had to resist the urge to burst into laughter. “Shut up, Wendy…” he grumbled, crossing his arms before he went to go sit on the couch to talk to Max. I turned to see Gabby, dressed up as the Queen of hearts for all intents and purposes of fitting in with our family grouping of costumes, kneeling on the floor with Lily and Leila chatting animatedly in front of her.

“I’m gonna go get ready,” I announced to no one in particular as I moved back to Max and I’s bedroom. I heard footsteps behind me and I looked around to see Max trekking after me, grinning playfully at me. I rolled my eyes, turning back around to walk into our room and start to close the door on him.

“Wait,” he whined, slipping in before I could close it fully. “I need to get ready, too,” he said, grinning at me before he looped his arms around my waist and kissed me softly.

“You aren’t getting laid tonight, Max,” I said, kissing him again before walking out of his arms with a small smile. He pouted at me as I walked over to the closet, pulling out my Alice costume and setting it on the bed.

“You’re such a tease, babe…” he whined, frowning at me as he followed me to the closet to do the same.

“Yeah, well. That sucks for you, doesn’t it?” I told him, smiling as I began stripping from my tank top and yoga pants I had been wearing all day while we lazed around and waited for night to come so we could take our daughter trick-or-treating with our friends.

Max’s arms, of course, snaked around my torso, warm against my stomach as his lips began attacking my neck and shoulder. I melted a bit, leaning back into him slightly before I sighed and pulled away reluctantly. He was way too damn good at getting what he wanted… “No, Maxie,” I said, grabbing my Alice dress and turning to glare at him slightly.

He was looking at me with that twisted version of the puppy dog face that he knew got me to give him whatever he wanted. Along with his jutting lower lip, it was really, really hard to turn away from him and pull the short dress over my head and onto my torso. God damn. Who knew that saying ‘no’ could be so damn hard!? Damn him… Like I said, he was way too good at getting what he wanted out of me.

He sighed, defeated, as he grabbed his Mad Hatter costume and began getting dressed himself. I smirked, feeling triumphant as I settled the mini dress over my body. I slipped out of my yoga pants and fixed the skirt again, pulling it down so that it would cover the upper half of my thighs. I was kind of disappointed that there weren’t any awesome female adult costumes that didn’t make me look like a total whore. But I suppose that having the advantage of being rather short and slender kind of helped me in that sense…

“Max, can you zip me up?” I asked after finding that I couldn’t do it myself without having my boobs fall out of the top. Which made absolutely no sense what-so-ever since I didn‘t think my breasts weren’t all that large, but whatever. We’ll ignore that little bit of information for the moment…

“Sure thing, babe,” he said, his hands moving to zip me up into the restraining fabric. And then his hands moved to rest on my hips and his lips crashed down on my neck again. I sighed, frowning and melting a bit before I pulled away again.

“No, Max. You are not getting laid tonight. Stop asking, please,” I said, sighing as I turned back to face him with a slight frown. He was pouting at me again, giving me that face that was just…ugh! I hated him sometimes because he was so good at that damn face! Ugh! What the hell was wrong with him that made him so fucking…ugh! I can’t even process words to describe how much that face completely kills me!

Asshole…

I sighed and stuck my tongue out at him before I moved to leave our bedroom. I needed to get out of there before I wound up giving in to Max and that wasn’t something I really wanted to do right now. Especially with Craig, Gab, Leila, and Lily just down the hall.

I heard him whining at me as I closed the door again and moved into the bathroom. “Lily, sweetie, come here so I can do your makeup!” I called into the living room. Maybe if I had our daughter as a shield, he’d stop trying to get me into bed.

She came skipping down the hall, energetic as always as she rounded the corner and grinned at me. I picked her up and placed her on the counter, grinning at her as I opened up the drawer that held all my makeup supplies in it. My little girl grinned at me as I drew on her face with eyeliner pencils.

---

“Baby, come out with me tonight,” Max whined as I closed Lily’s bedroom door. The night had been fun and eventful, but both our daughter and Gab’s were exhausted. I frowned at him, shaking my head slightly as I walked back into the living room. He was giving me that face again.

Damn. That. Face!

“Please,” he whined again, walking over to wrap his arms around me tightly. “It’s the last time we’ll get to hang out before I have to go in the morning…” he whined again, dipping his head to burrow his face in my neck. I sighed, moving my arms to wrap them around his neck.

“Max…I don’t want to leave Craig and Gab here alo-”

“Oh shut up and just go, Wendy. We have no problem of watching the girls. They’re sleeping anyway,” Gab said from the couch, grinning. Craig looked at her like she was insane and he looked like he was about to protest and she glared over at him. “Oh chill, Craig. We aren’t getting married or anything, so it’s not like we have anything special to do,” she said. I couldn’t help but to smirk and turn to kiss Max’s jaw lightly a few times.

“Alright, I’ll go with you…” I said, kind of reluctant in doing so. Not that I didn’t enjoy spending time with him, I’d just rather have a nice quiet night at home after having spent the last few hours walking around in heels.

“Yay!” he cried, grinning and squeezing me tightly as he stood straight and lifted me off the ground a bit. He kissed my cheek sloppily before he dropped me and turned around to grin at Gab. “Thank you so much, Gab! I freaking love you!” he said, grinning wildly.

God he’s a dork…

Then again, he is my dork, so I suppose I was kind of asking for it the entire time I’ve been with him…

And besides, it was our last night to do anything fun together before he was gone for a week… Fuck… I knew I’d end up getting suckered into it tonight…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for longer chapters that don't totally suck for you guys! :D I actually have a plan for the rest of this, since there are only six chapters left and everything... Yes, I am ending it at thirty, just like the prequel. However, I promise you that you shall not be disappointed with the ending. I'm quite excited about getting to it and I hope that you guys will like it, too. :D

As always, I love my 81 subscribers to this and think that you all rock hardcore. I love all my readers, too, even the ones that aren't subscribed. Also, thank you IWillMakeYouScream and escape the fate for leaving me comments and making my day. Commenters always make my day. <33

[ I'm a bit hyper right now, if you couldn't tell. I'm listening to Escape the Fate for the first time in a week because I'm no longer sick, so yeah. I'm all happy and excited and stuffs! :D ]

Anyway, please comment / subscribe for me 'cause it means a lot to me. <33

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Set Apart This Dream" by Flyleaf. <33