My Heart Is Yours

Stars Are Falling All For Us

“Fuck, why won’t she answer the god damn phone!?” I whined, frowning at the phone that I’d been finally been able to get a hold of. Since being in Europe, I hadn’t been able to talk to Wednesday or Lily for more than just a few moments before I lost the signal or something. I was seriously hating Europe right now. Along with Craig, who couldn’t get hold of Gabby, either. Robert couldn’t get his girl to answer the damn phone, either, but I don’t think he was as frustrated about it as Craig and I were.

But, on the other end of the spectrum, Europe was pretty damn fun. Tim was with us again and he wound up making out with three Swedish chicks at once. Which he enjoyed greatly. I spent my time hanging around with the guys, drinking, and overall just being an idiot. It was fun, though, despite the fact that it would have been more fun with everyone I loved there, but whatever, I suppose…

But hey, we got to go home the day after my birthday. Which was today. So that worked perfectly.

The only downside to my birthday? The fact that I couldn’t get in touch with Wendy for the moment. Damn it! We were just about to go on stage, too… Ugh. As much fun as I was having in Europe, I seriously could not wait to get home tomorrow…

“Max, chill the fuck out and have some fucking patience already. Paris is waiting for us,” Robert said, grabbing the phone from my hand and placing on the table before he grabbed my shoulder and began steering me away from the green room we’d been hanging out in and off towards the stage.

---

“Baby!” I whined, grabbing at her as she ran away with the blankets in her arms. “Wendy, come on!” I whined again, flipping over onto my stomach and curling into a little ball so that I could at least try to get some warmth from whatever body heat I was producing.

“No, Maxie. We have to go pick out our rings in an hour. C’mon, Maxwell. It’s past noon,” she whined back. Only her whining had a much more…forceful edge to it that told me I had better get my ass up if I was ever going to see the light of day again. Which wasn’t something I wanted to see, considering the fact that I hadn’t gotten to sleep since six that morning because of the fact the guys insisted on taking me out to party for New Years. Even though it was the second of January

“Why do we have to pick out our rings now, babe? Can’t we do it tomorrow?” Oh yeah. That was me. Procrastinating so that I could sleep. I could feel her frown boring into my back as I lifted my head and looked back at her with sleep-ridden eyes.

Oh yeah. Definitely not a time to try and get my fiancé to procrastinate with me right now. I think it was because she was so stressed out, what with Christmas being last week and then my not coming home until six. And she was also just stressed out with various wedding crap that I, because of my job, didn’t have to deal with.

Which was kind of a double-edged sword for me. I was glad that I didn’t have to figure out all the minute little details, but I felt terrible that Wendy here was doing it, basically, all on her own. Sure, she had Gab’s help with everything, but still. It wasn’t exactly the same…

But today we were going to the jewelry store to pick out our wedding rings. Which, I’ll admit, I was pretty damn excited about despite the fact that I wanted to sleep.

I sighed, uncurling and sitting up to stare up at her with apologetic eyes. “Sorry, Wendy. I’m just tired…”

“I know. I just don’t want to be able to get as much of this done before you leave again…” I smiled at her, nodding before turning to kick my legs off the side of the bed and grab my pants off of the ground. They were my zebra skinny jeans.

“I completely understand, babe, don’t worry. We do still have another three months to get this all done before April. Pretty sure we have enough time.”

At that, she just threw her arms overhead and sighed. Alright. Maybe that wasn’t exactly the best thing of me to say. Ugh. Great. Way to go Maxwell. I seriously just need to be labeled “King of the Dumb Asses Who Can’t Keep Their Fucking Mouths Shut” right now because I was really good at fucking things up like that…

“I’ve got most everything done, really. We just need to settle on a cake, flowers, color scheme, I need to get a dress, and you need to get tuxes, and we also need to decide on the whole wedding party thing. Or you do, at least…” she said, starting off on a ramble. Holy fuck! Wasn’t that everything that needed to be done!? What else did she have to do!?

“Um…babe, no offence, but…holy fuck. Do we really need to do all that?” I asked, looking up at her. Oh yeah. She was definitely stressing. I could see it in the light frown that had recently become plastered on her face. She nodded and sighed, turning before dropping to sit down on the edge of the bed beside me.

“Fuck, Max… I’m like…freaking out right now.” I sighed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her into my chest to try and calm her down. It really wasn’t good that she was stressing out this much. And I was really glad that my mom had offered to baby sit Lily for a few days so that Wendy and I could both work on the wedding things and also have some time to ourselves.

I loved my mom, she was so awesome.

It was also good for the both of them to get to know each other, I suppose…

But for one reason or another, my mom wasn’t surprised when I had called her a couple of months ago and told her that, not only did I have a five year old child, but I also was getting married to Wednesday.

Which was kind of odd, in my opinion, but whatever. I didn’t press Wendy about how my mother seemed to know, but that didn’t mean I was any less curious.

“Look, babe, it’ll be okay. We can work on the cake, flowers, invitations, rings and shit before we go off to LA, okay? And then we can work on the guests and shit when we’re in LA and everything like that and I’ll work on getting a tux and everything. It’ll be okay, alright?” I told her as reassuringly as possible, rubbing her back with small circles to try and calm her down. She nodded at me and then pulled away slightly, sighing.

“Okay… I just…gah. I want everything to be perfect, you know?” she looked at me with a sad smile and I smirked, moving in to kiss her cheek lightly.

“Wendy, knowing you as long as I have, everything is going to be absolutely perfect. Now, what colors were you thinking? ‘Cause I’m good with just about anything…”

“Well Gab and I both thought that dark purple and silver would look good together, but…”

“That’s perfect. And’ll look fucking bad ass. What about flowers?”

“We have to go to the florist tomorrow and then we have an appointment with the cake decorator after that.”

Well okay then. See? I knew she didn’t have reason to freak out over everything… She was going to be able to handle everything perfectly well and it was all going to be perfect like she wanted. But to be honest, I kind of wanted everything to be perfect, too…

“Ah shit, we should get going to the jewelers…” she said, chewing on her lip and standing, pulling away from me and holding onto my hands lightly. I nodded, standing and then moving around the room to finish getting dressed.

Twenty minutes later, we had pulled up to the jeweler’s and climbing out of the car. I was currently trying to fight off yawning like mad after only getting about six hours of sleep. Wendy and I met up at the start of the car, I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her back to kiss her lightly before we began walking into the relatively small building together.

“I love you,” I whispered into her ear as we paused so she could open the door. She smiled back at me and repeated the words, her eyes shining with all the validity of those words despite the fact that she still looked rather nervous and stressed out.

“Welcome! May I help you?” the man behind the counter asked, standing. He was definitely a clean-cut, suit-and-tie type. And I could tell that his job didn’t really suit him because the smile on his defined face didn’t seem at all genuine.

“Um…yeah, we were gonna look at wedding rings?” Wendy said beside me. She sounded a little unsure of herself and I squeezed her softly as the man behind the counter and grinned, waving us over to a little booth where a couple of chairs sat in front of a glass display case.

“What’re you thinking of?” he asked after we’d sat down. I kept a hand on Wendy’s trying to be a supportive fiancé for my stressed out love. She chewed on her lip nervously and I waited for her to say something so that I wouldn’t look like a complete and total ass for deciding what kind of ring that Wendy wanted. Shit, I didn’t even know what ring I wanted…

“Um…well, I’m not really fond of diamonds… So…I don’t know… Something simple…?” she said, still chewing on her lip as the jeweler and I watched her quietly. The man grinned and nodded, moving around to another part of the store, coming back in a few moments with a selection of different rings that were rather simple.

“And for you, sir?” he asked, turning to me. I looked away from my girl to blink at the man. God, why did he have to be so fucking formal? Did I look like the kind of guy that you’d want to call ‘sir’ all the damn time? Holy shit, that was kind of annoying…

I shrugged, still not sure. “Something simple for me, too, I guess,” I said, falling silent once more as the man walked away. I leaned towards the rings that Wendy was looking at, smiling at her as I rested my chin on her shoulder. She smiled over at me before going back to inspecting the rings.

“What do you think, Max?” she asked, turning towards me and turning the section of display toward me as well. Her voice was lowered and it was then that I noticed the guy had returned with a selection of men’s rings for me. He was now hovering around in front of us, ready to pounce at the chance of making a sale.

Why the fuck are salesmen always so damn antsy to make a fucking sale? It’s not like their life depends on it if they don’t sell something… Well…okay, I guess it does. That’s why they’re “salesmen,” isn’t it? Ugh. Whatever. They’re just annoying. And they’re all the same, too! Car salesmen, jewelry salesmen, any other kind of salesmen! Ugh… Stupid bastards…

To be honest, the rings that the man had given Wendy to choose from really weren’t all that interesting. One was even just a simple band of some metal that had absolutely no decoration to it what-so-ever. And then there was another just like that, but gold instead of silver or whatever it was that the other one was made of.

I pursed my lips and looked up at the man waiting slightly impatiently for us to pick and choose. “Could we look around the entire store?” I asked, getting ready to stand up and pull my girl with me. The man nodded curtly, forcing a smile at us as Wendy and I both stood together, moving to the other side of the store to look through the display cases. I had an arm firmly around Wendy’s waist as we both looked in.

It took us an hour to decide on our rings. And to fill out the paperwork and order forms and shit for it all. In the end, Wendy had chosen a simple band of silver that had a twisting pattern almost of small diamonds that really wasn’t all too flashy. And I had just gone with a simple silver band, not really caring too much about decoration on it at all. The important thing wasn’t the ring anyway, it was what it symbolized. So that’s all I cared about.

“Happy we got that done, babe?” I asked as we climbed back in the car, seeing her seem much more relaxed than before we got that done with. She nodded and smiled over at me, grinning as she grabbed my hand and leaned over from the passenger seat to kiss my lightly.

“Very happy, thanks for coming with me and getting that done, Maxie,” she said, speaking against my lips. I nodded, pausing in starting the car to kiss her a few more times before she finally pulled away. “Love you.”

“Love you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So another chapter for you all lovely readers of mine! :D For those of you reading my other fan fictions, I'll be getting around to updating those again (especially You Kill Me With Your Touch) after I'm finished with this one. I know that I'm making the readers of those two wait a while, since I've still got four more chapters to write on this, but I think it'd just be easier for me to keep track of, honestly... And, like I keep saying, I'm really excited to finish this one and everything like that...so yeah. The muse for this story is kind of shoving the other muses for the others out of the way for the moment. xD

And, if you guys are interested at all, here is what Wendy's ring looks like. I was going to go with something else, but I didn't think it fit her well enough... so yeah! :D

As always, thank you to my lovely readers and my wonderful 83 subscribers. I love you guys and I'm so glad that you enjoy this(and the prequel) so much! <3 And, also, thank you to my oh-so-lovely commenters, xGlamourxKillsx and IWillMakeYouScream. :D

Please comment / subscribe for me, it'd make my day! :D

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Your Guardian Angel" by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus