My Heart Is Yours

I Adore the Way You Carry Yourself

“Were the hell are they!?” I said, panic rising in my voice as I paced around Gab’s bedroom. Max and the boys still hadn’t showed up yet from their hotel they’d stayed at last night on the Vegas strip. Why? Because Max had decided to have his bachelor party the night before our wedding. Fucking idiot…

I love him, but really? Ugh…

“Chill, Wendifer. They’ll be here. I just texted Craig and he said they were on their way now.”

“Are they hung over?” But by that, it was more me just asking if my soon-to-be husband was hung over from whatever the hell they’d done last night…

“…Probably.”

“Ugh. Damn him…” I muttered underneath my breath, plopping my ass down on the corner of my best friend’s bed. She sat down next to me, rubbing my back soothingly as I tried to hunch over my legs in my corset. It seemed tighter, too. Which it definitely was, I’d put on a little more weight since having it fitted for me, but it wasn’t that big of a problem because of the ties in the back could be loosened and everything…

But all the same…

I huffed, pouting slightly as I straightened up at a knock on the door. Gab stood, moving quickly to the door to stick her head out protectively, stepping back and letting whoever it was at the door inside the room. A grin lit my face as Alex appeared with Derek and Jeremy behind him. I jumped up off the bed, running to tackle my ex-boyfriend and good friend in a hug. He chuckled, grinning back at me and hugging back as the two other boys moved in to hug me as well.

“Alex! I’m so glad you’re here!” I said, squeezing tightly before I let go of him.

“I’m gonna go make sure that the girls are okay. Be back in a bit, Wendy!” Gab said, moving around the boys and I as we began talking.

“What about us!?” Derek whined, frowning and pouting at me. But, to be honest, his pout had absolutely nothing on Max’s pout.

“What the hell are you talking about Derek?” I said, frowning as I let my arms fall from around Alex’s shoulders to be placed on my hips in that classic ‘scolding woman’ pose. Yeah, I’ll admit that I kind of had that down.

“You -”

“You kidding me? I hate you,” I joked, grinning as I turned away and crossed my arms over my chest. He grinned back at me and then moved to hug me awkwardly on the side. I giggled and turned so that I could hug him back. “I always miss you guys, you should know that by now.”

“You look so pretty, Wednesday!” Jeremy gushed as I turned around to hug him. I grinned as I stepped back and then blushed slightly.

“Really?” I asked, twirling my dark locks in my fingers for a bit. All three of the guys nodded, Alex grinning at me earnestly.

“Hell yeah! You’ve always been gorgeous though,” he told me, still grinning as he looked me up and down. I felt a stab of guilt hit me and I smiled slightly, looking down at my hidden feet. “So Wendy, huh?” he asked me, changing the subject a bit awkwardly. I nodded, sighing as I remembered that I allowed no one to use any nicknames with me when I was in Florida.

It was because, here in Vegas, the nickname of Wendy had pretty much plagued me. And had almost defined who I was with Max…

“Yeah…” I said, not quite sure what to say to anything.

“I like Wednesday better. Even if it is longer,” Jeremy commented, smirking at me as he crossed his arms over his chest. I smiled at him, thanking him silently for not questioning my request for no nicknames in Florida.

Gab popped up in the doorway again before we could say anything else. She had a huge grin on her face as she dragged a protesting Leila into the room while Lily followed behind obediently. Until she saw Alex and the others. She took off at a dead run and shoved her way past our best friends to tackle him with a hug. I smirked and giggled, ignoring whatever it was that Gab had to say in favor of watching my daughter reunite with my ex-boyfriend…

“Alright, as cute as this is, I’m going to have to shove you boys out into the back yard. ‘Cause everyone else finally got here and I have to talk to the bride. And by the way, Wendy, he’s not hung over. Everyone else is, but Max isn’t. Good job,” she told me, grinning as Alex set Lily down from hugging her and Derek and Jeremy both walked back out of the room, giving me their wishes for my luck. I smiled at them in thanks, nodding and then moving to hug Alex once more before he could leave.

“It’s so good to see you both so happy and everything,” he said, grinning as he stepped away, bending to give my daughter another hug before he left the room with a little wave.

Gab grinned at me before she started in on the onslaught of questions and comments. “So how are you feeling?”

“Nervous…”

“Have you told Max yet?” she asked, moving to push me down onto the bed so she could attack my head with a brush.

“Not yet. It isn’t noticeable, is it?”

“Why not? The sooner the better, right? And no, it’s really not. Your friends didn’t notice, they?”

I shook my head and began opening my mouth when a knock on the door stopped me from explaining the reasons as to why I had yet to tell my soon-to-be husband about what had been going on during the weeks he was in LA and what was going on for that first week he’d been back…

Lily and Leila skipped over to the door, sticking their little heads into the crack they’d made before giggling and backing up, opening the door to reveal both my mother and Shannon, Max’s mom. They were both smiling brightly and my mom already had tears in her eyes.

“Hey mom,” I said, grinning as the little girls closed the door once the two older women had entered the room.

---

Max’s pov

Holy shit. I cannot explain how fucking nervous I am right now. Not only did I get to my own wedding late because Craig and I had decided that it would be best if we waited for my bachelor party until the last possible moment before the wedding, but I was currently staring at Alex and the rest of the boys that Wendy, my Wendy, had lived with for six years.

Alright. So I was getting ultra protective. But then again, I shouldn’t be. Because somewhere around half an hour from now, I would be Wendy’s hubby and that was not going to be changing any time soon. At all.

That thought made me smile and made my nerves wash away for a bit. But standing at the altar alone with the guy that was going to make our marriage official in the ceremonial sense, was kind of making my nerves completely concrete forever more…

Or at least until now…

The backdoor opened and Craig and Gab were the first to walk through the doors. I grinned at my two best friends, feeling my heart rate start to pick up pretty damn fast by the very thought that I’d get to see Wendy, my gorgeous and amazing Wednesday, in just a matter of a few seconds now…

Robert and Jessica were the next two through the doors, grinning at me. There was a slight lull in movement before Bryan and Leila walked through the doors. And then, the doors opened again and my brother Todd, who we’d somehow managed to get for the “ring bearer” walked down the aisle with Lily grinning excitedly at me. I grinned back. How could I not? That little girl of mine was ridiculously contagious.

And once those two had taken their places at either side of the altar, everyone stood and turned towards the doors.

Fuck, could my heart be beating any faster right now!?

I held my breath as Wednesday appeared in the door on the arm of her father, looking absolutely stunning in her form-fitted dress. She smiled at me shyly and I could see her eyes already starting to water up from where I stood. And I felt mine almost start to do the same…

She walked down the aisle slowly, still glowing amazingly with a smile on her face that kept growing bigger. And my smile grew bigger, too.

Finally, they reached the altar and the man giving us the ceremony – we’d decided to go untraditional and not use a minister since neither of us were fully religious… - asked Wendy’s dad to give her to me. And when he did, I felt on top of the world, literally. As cheesy as it sounds, when her father walked away and Wednesday was standing alone in front of me, I just felt sparks and fire and just…yeah. Everything was fucking amazing.

The voice of the man that we had hired entered my ears, but I only paid partial attention. All my attention was spent on looking at Wednesday and thinking of the amazing things that our future together would hold…

“We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Maxwell Green and Wednesday Lee in matrimony. If there is anyone that sees reason to object to these two people giving each other their hearts and their lives and joining both into one shared heart and one shared life, please speak now or forever hold your peace,” he said, falling silent for a few moments of silence, waiting for someone to object to our marriage. No one, thankfully, did.

“Now these two people have written their own vows for one another. Maxwell, would you please read your vows?” Yeah, we had also gone untraditional in the sense that we had written our own vows for the entire thing. Which was something really fucking hard to do, to be honest with you...

I took the paper he was handing me, reaching forward to grab her left hand loosely with my own as I read off the paper that I had scribbled across. Fuck, I was about to sound cheesy as fuck any second here. And when everyone hears this there is no way in hell that they’re going to ever let me live it down…

“Wednesday, you’re amazing in every way. You’ve always been my best friend, no matter where you were. And you don’t know how much I can’t believe that you’re still with me after all the times I’ve messed up. Thank you for forgiving me and, I promise, that no matter where I am or where you are, I will always love you and you will always have my heart,” I said with a few breaths. Shit, was I seriously this fucking nervous?

Wendy’s eyes were really damn watery now and I felt bad for making her cry. I just really hoped that, like my eyes that were close to overflowing, they were happy tears. Which I was pretty sure that they were, to be honest with you…

I was handed Wednesday’s wedding ring and slipped it onto her bare finger, smiling as it stuck and I let her take control of our linked hands.

“Wednesday, would you please read your vows?” he asked, handing her a piece of paper of her own. I could imagine her neat writing, like font on a computer, written across the page in a way that was probably going to make me want to cry or something…

She wiped her cheeks away briefly before she smiled brightly and returned her attention the paper. “Max, I don’t think that I could ever find again what you and I have had for so long. I think my best memories have you in them. From us bickering constantly when we were little kids to you asking me out after homecoming and then seeing you again after six years… I didn’t think that I was ever going to want you back in my life again, not after what happened. But here I am. Pretty sure I’ve lost my mind, but that’s fine because at least I can be crazy with you. We have a beautiful daughter together and I don’t think I could have asked for anything more in life. I don’t care what happens in the future, I just want you to be there with me to go through it. I think I’d go even more insane if it wasn’t for you, as strange as that is,” she giggled a bit, sniffing as she tried to keep her emotions from getting too overwhelming. I felt a couple of tears fall down my cheeks as I smiled at her and only her. She was the only thing I’d ever seen… Great. I was crying. Damn it, Max!

“But I love you more than anything, and you’ve had my heart since day one, and there is no way that is going to change,” she finished, grinning at me as a few tears fell from her eyes. I longed to cup her face, to wipe away her tears and kiss her lips…

She grabbed my wedding ring and slipped it onto my third finger, earning a wide smile from me as I felt the weight from it settle into my hand comfortably.

“Now that the rings and vows have been exchanged, do you, Wednesday Kahlen Lee, take this man as your lawful wedded husband as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” she said, nodding and grinning up at me.

“And do you, Maxwell Scott Green, take this woman as your lawful wedded wife as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” I said, my heart thundering in my chest.

“Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!” he said. You know, I never quite understood that part of the whole wedding ceremony. Especially considering the fact that I’m pretty damn sure that all couples kiss. Unless you’re like…Amish or something or super…I don’t know…

Anyway, I grinned, stepping closer to my girl as I pulled her into my chest and bent my head down enough to press my lips to hers fully and passionately. She kissed back with as much fervor and I could slightly hear our audience cheering. I grinned as I pulled away, my arms still tight around Wednesday’s waist. Her arms had moved around my neck, a hand in my long hair before she let it drop and grabbed my hand in hers.

---

I was currently being dragged down the hallway into Craig and Gab’s bedroom so that Wendy could “talk to me.” I didn’t entirely understand why it couldn’t wait until after the party and dinner and everything, or why it couldn’t wait until our honeymoon, but whatever.

I smiled down at Wednesday as she shut the door behind us, shutting out everyone in the rest of the small house. She looked up at me a little nervously and I wondered what was wrong as I felt her hands loosen on mine.

“Max, I really need to tell you something and you should definitely know about it…” she started, stepping towards me and raising herself onto her toes so that she could whisper whatever it was in my ear.

When she lowered herself back down, still smiling nervously, I felt a grin break across my face as I let what it was she had just told me sink in. “Seriously?” I asked, my grin seeming to grow wider as she nodded. I bent down and wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her up as she giggled before I kissed her hard again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun!!! -dramatic music- Another cliff hanger! :D Don't you just love me!? If you guys have any questions still about wtf is up with Wendy, hopefully the next chapter shall answer those for you!

So, this is definitely the longest chapter that I've written for this one and the prequel, but that's alright because I enjoyed writing it greatly. Sorry Max kinda totally got extremely mushy and cheesy and totally corny in the end, and I'm sure that the whole "I do" sequence isn't right, but whatever. This is my story, I'll have sequences happen however I want them to! :P Sorry this took longer than I wanted it too, but I was really stressed out all week from various social aspects of high school. xP

Anyway, thank you to my 86 subscribers. You guys are awesome and, like I always say, I really do love you. I also love IWillMakeYouScream, emodork, and soochie for being amazing and giving me such lovely comments! :D

Please comment / subscribe for me! <33

The title for this chapter comes from the song "So Much" by The Spill Canvas.