My Heart Is Yours

I Love the Way that She Breathes

Wednesday’s pov

Three months later

So I can officially say that, no matter how excited I am about this whole situation, I officially hate being pregnant. Granted, I love being a mom and everything, but the whole process of getting there is just a pain in the fucking ass…

Between not being able to sleep, my feet being swollen, my back hurting like a bitch, and all of the food cravings I’ve been having, I think I’m going to go insane. But at least the morning sickness has kind of let up a bit… Lily’s been really helpful around the house and everything, though. Which is really good, especially since Max has been gone the last two weeks in LA and we’re in the process of moving into a bigger house to accommodate everyone.

After this pregnancy, though, there is no way in hell I am ever having any more kids. Did I mention that I’m almost twice the size I should be at this point? Yeah. That’s what being pregnant with twins gets me…

Damn kids.

I’ll be really glad when Max gets back tomorrow and I can have him help much more… I’ll also be glad when the rest of guys are back and can help us finish up moving and everything like that…

Currently, I was lying on the couch with my eyes closed, trying desperately to sleep while I had the house to myself while Lily was over at Gab’s. I sighed, breathing in and out slowly to try and slow my heartbeat so that I could sleep. My hands rested on my stomach lightly as I tried to force myself into rest. That was definitely something that me, and the babies, were in need of. But, like Lily had been, they were going to be a pain in the ass and not let me sleep very often like I should be…

So when my phone started playing Escape the Fate at me from the floor beside the couch, I was not very pleased, to say the least…

“God damn it…” I grumbled, frowning and opening my eyes as I rolled over onto my side to see who was calling me. Oh! It was that husband of mine! Grinning, I ignored my annoyance with my “sleep” being disturbed as I reached down to grab the phone and flipped it open.

“Hello?” I asked, grinning as I rested my free hand on my stomach again and stared up at the ceiling.

“Hey baby, how’re you doing?”

“Fine…exhausted. Lily is staying with Gab tonight so I can at least try to get some sleep…” I said, sighing and moving the hand on my swollen stomach to my eyes, rubbing them slightly. “How are you?”

“Eh, okay. I miss you and the kids. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. I should be home around like…two or something like that,” he told me and my heart sunk a little bit. Why couldn’t he just be here now and not until tomorrow? I sighed and nodded. At least he was coming home tomorrow.

“We all miss you too. Even if carrying your kids is a pain in the fucking ass…” I mused, sighing. I probably could have avoided saying something like that, but right now I wasn’t exactly in the best of moods to be doing anything right now.

“I’m sorry, babe,” he said and I could hear the sigh in his voice. I sighed back, a bit more dramatically before smiling slightly. “Making fun of me, are you?” Max asked with a chuckle.

“Maybe…” I answered, smiling as we fell into the comfortable ebb and flow of conversation that we normally had when he was away and we had to talk over the phone…

Ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I sighed again, craning my neck back so I could see the door. Seriously? Ugh. Damn it. It would figure that the one chance I got to talk to Max just me and him would get interrupted by some jerk face wanting something… “Maxie, dear, I’m gonna have to call you back. Someone’s at the door…”

“Aww…alright. I love you, Wednesday!”

“Love you, too, Max. Hopefully this won’t take long,” I muttered before I pulled the phone reluctantly from my ear and began sitting up, turning my legs off of the couch before I stood and sighed as all the soreness of my muscles and every other thing that being pregnant with twins was causing me set in once more…

At least when I was laying down, it wasn’t quite so bad…

I sighed, running a hand through my hair before I walked towards the door. Whoever was on the other side knocked again and I frowned, stopping in my quest to towards the door to put my hands on my hips and glare slightly. “I’m coming, no need to knock again…” I muttered under my breath as I continued walking, my arms falling back down my sides.

I reached out for the door knob, a yawn obscuring my ability to see who it was at the door until my mouth close again. A grin broke across my face as I saw my husband standing there with his arms open. “Hey babe!” he said, grinning at me as he stepped inside and wrapped his arms around me. I grinned and wrapped my arms around him as well, wishing that I could press up against him fully. If it wasn’t for the two kids I was carrying right now, I would have been able to…

He twisted his head around to capture my lips in his and I kissed back happily, so glad to have him back. His hands moved from the small of my back to rest on either side of my stomach as he pulled away slowly. I smiled, letting my grip around his shoulders loosen as he bent and kissed the top of my enlarged stomach sweetly.

“You came home early!” I said, elated that he was here now. He smiled at me as he straightened, his arms wrapping around my waist again.

“Not technically. We were supposed to get in tonight; I just wanted it to be a surprise,” he told me as he kissed my forehead. I smiled at him again before I yawned and was reminded just how tired I was right now… “Wendy, you should be sleeping…”

“I probably would be, but you had to go and call me…” I said, frowning slightly before I smirked and lifted my head to kiss him.

“I’m sorry, sweetie. I wanted to make sure you were awake for when I got home. I’m friggen tired, though… I haven’t really been sleeping, either,” he told me, pressing his forehead against mine as he watched my eyes quietly. I smiled at him, stifling another yawn.

“You should sleep, then.”

“So should you,” he responded, smirking and then kissing me lightly before he pulled away. “I’ll go grab my shit, okay? Go lay down and I’ll be there in a minute,” Max told me, nodding and then turning to walk back out of the door and down to his car. I sighed, missing him already as I turned around and began walking back to our bedroom.

---
Six months later

Three words to describe me right? Really, really pregnant.

I was due a few days ago, but the damn kids are being stubborn. And then I’ve gone into false labor a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. I am so not having any more kids after these two…

I’ve been on bed rest for the last month or so, but bed rest for me meant lying on the couch and watching TV while I tried to be comfortable. Which seemed to be incredibly impossible right now. Second week of November now, and Max had the next few months off. That was definitely something I was looking forward to…

He was a really good dad already. Not that he wasn’t a good dad to Lily, but I definitely think there is a difference between being a dad during the pregnancy and a few years after they’re born. Lily was a good big sister already, too. Which was incredibly reassuring.

I felt one of them kick inside of my stomach, drawing my attention away from the television to stare at my massive midsection, smiling softly. My hand moved to the spot they were kicking at, moving my eyes back over to the ceiling as they continued their activity. It was a little awkward, I’ll be honest with you… Definitely felt strange, especially when you had two kicking at the same time at two different spots. Definitely a little strange.

The front door opened and I worked at sitting up slowly, smiling over the back of the couch as Max walked in, back from walking Lily to school. “Hey hubby,” I said, my weariness clear in my voice. Max grinned at me as he walked towards me. I finished sitting up fully, turning my body so that I could allow for room on the couch for him. Even though there was another couch. I wanted to be able to sit next to him for once.

“How are you doing?” he asked me as he sat down, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me to his side.

“Eh… I just want to give birth already…” I grumbled, leaning my head gladly on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry, babe.” Max kissed my temple, rubbing my arm sweetly.

Somewhere around ten minutes later, we were in the car on the way to the hospital. My water had actually broken and I was definitely feeling the full effects of being in labor.

---

Max’s pov

Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! What the fuck was I supposed to do now!? I was driving my very pregnant wife to the hospital and we were almost there. But after that, then what am I supposed to do!? Ugh! Fuck! I’m so screwed with this situation!

Wednesday was groaning from being in pain in the passenger seat and I turned frantically into the next lane so that I wouldn’t miss the turn to the hospital. “We’ll be there soon, babe. Just…fuck, I’m sorry I don’t know what to say!” I stammered, looking around a bit more frantically than earlier about where the hell that turn had disappeared to.

“I don’t give a damn, Max. You’re fine. Just…just get me to the fucking hospital!” she said before biting down on her lower lip. I nodded firmly, seeing the turn come up ahead as I flicked on my turn signal and swerved into the parking lot. Alright. So I was going way too fast for this. But I was in the middle of panicking here, can you blame me?

We parked up front and I jumped out of the door and ran around the car as soon as I had thrown it in park and turned it off. I grabbed the bag we’d packed for today before slamming that door shut and moving around to where my wife was. Wednesday was climbing out slowly, wincing as she tried to stand. I wrapped my arms around her, helping her stand and trying to support her as best I could. We walked rather quickly towards the emergency entrance. I whipped my head around once we had gotten in, looking for someone as Wendy lead us towards the desk.

You know, I wasn’t this frantic about any of her previous labor scares. I think because this one was so…I don’t know. The actual thing? I don’t know… All I know is that I’m freaking the fuck out right now. Wednesday began talking to the woman behind the counter and soon a nurse came over with a wheel chair for her to sit in. The woman began asking my wife questions that I didn’t quite understand, so I just kept silent as I followed them like a lost dog.

“Max, call Gab and Craig. Have them pick up Lily,” Wednesday told me before we walked through the swinging doors and off towards the delivery room. I nodded firmly, lagging back as I fished out my cell phone before jogging to catch up with the nurse that was moving quickly down the hall.

It rang twice before the voice of my best friend sounded. “Max? What the fuck do you want?” he grumbled, sounding like I’d just woken up.

“Craig, Wendy’s giving birth like now. She wants you and Gab to pick up Lily and…”

“Get the fuck over here,” she supplied for me as we turned into a room.

“She says get the fuck over here, okay?” I felt some of my panic lessen as Wednesday seemed to calm down and move into the bed.

“Yeah, okay. Repeat that to Gab,” he said. I waited a few seconds before his female half answered the phone. Fucking lazy ass best friend of mine…

“Max? Hey, what’s up?”

“Wendy’s in labor for real and she wants you guys to pick up Lily and ‘get the fuck over here’,” I repeated, biting on my lip as I watched my beloved wife get hooked up to all of the machines and shit in the room that would make sure her vitals were all good to go.

“Oh shit! Alright, we’ll be there in like…twenty minutes. Thanks Max.” I nodded, pulling the phone away from my ear as Gab began yelling at Craig to wake the fuck up and get his ass dressed. I smirked, closing the phone before I stuffed it back in my pocket and dropped the duffel bag I was carrying on the ground beside a chair.

“Your doctor should be here soon, Mrs. Green,” the nurse said before walking out. I grinned at the sound of Wednesday being called that. Eight months after being married, I still loved the way it sounded. And I was probably going to continue loving the way that it sounded forever more.

---

I wiped sweat-soaked hair away from Wednesday’s face as she relaxed and slept lightly. After nearly six hours, we had two more healthy and beautiful children. Boy and girl, we’d gone with the names of Dahlia and Adrian. They were about fifteen minutes apart, Adrian being the oldest.

I still can’t believe that Wednesday had gone through that whole thing. I’ll tell you one thing, that takes fucking balls. I was really proud of her, too, for going through that whole thing…especially twice in a row.

I myself was not quite so brave. I was there with her, but I almost passed out a couple of times.

But the important thing is that both Wendy and the babies are healthy. I looked up from her peaceful face, over to the two carts that held our sleeping children. We were letting Wendy get her rest before we let anyone in and visit and everything. It was a recommendation from the doctor, and I was perfectly fine with that. Especially since she really hadn’t been sleeping well throughout her whole pregnancy…

I pulled my hand away from her face, standing and walking around her bed to where the two “bins” were. God…this was just amazing…
♠ ♠ ♠
Second to last chapter, everybody! :D And Happy Valentine's Day / Single's Awareness Day to everyone, too! Hopefully this is good enough of a present for everyone! <33 It's a long chapter, too! :]

Hopefully I'll have the last chapter of this posted up either tonight or tomorrow. Tuesday I have to go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled so I'm probably going to be pretty doped up on pain medication and then Wednesday will probably be spent doing homework so that I'm not behind in any of my classes! Oh joy [/sarcasm]!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this and thanks to all of my wonderfully awesome subscribers! :D I love you guys. And as for those of you who have been commenting, expect a huge thank you when I post the next chapter. But for now, thanks to MiseryKid, emodork, soochie, and xGlamourxKillsx.

Please comment / subscribe for me, it'd be greatly appreciated! ^^

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Situations" by Escape the Fate. <33