Status: COMPLETE

I'm Telling You I'm NOT Gay!

I'm glad I met you

My stereo automatically turned on and played “Astray heart” by Placebo. I dumped my bag on the floor, kicked of my shoes and crash on my bed.

Isn’t this great God! I get to act gay at my home too. GREEAAT . . . I thought as I sighed.

I groaned as I heard footsteps climbing up the stairs. I heard the footsteps stop on my door.

Good thing I closed it. I thought as turned my head to the door.

“Mom! I’m fine, I’m just tired.” I shouted so she could hear from the outside.

I faced the ceiling once again and just closed my eyes.

I heard my door open and the footsteps went in my room. I heard them walking towards my bed side.

I turn my head to the side and opened my eyes to see a pair of skinny jeans in front of me. Legs that could give a man heart attack, I looked down to see a pair of chucks, plain black.

My mind suddenly functioned right.

MY MOM DOESN’T WEAR SKINNY JEANS OR CHUCKS! SHE DOESN’T EVEN LOOK HOT! I screamed in my head as I looked up the person’s face. I stood up instantly.

“Did you have a nice look on my legs and shoes?” Katie teased.

“Uh, yeah. I did. I mean! I love your shoes!” I said in my gayish voice again.

She giggled, music to my ears.

“Jamie, are you sure your gay? Cause your far from gay.” She said as she scanned my room.

“I told you! I am!” I said with my gayish voice then adding some gayish giggles.

She sighed.

“Is something wrong?” I questioned a bit worried.

“No, nothing’s wrong. Everything is quite good actually.” She said as she made her way to my study table.

“You read?” She questioned in disbelief.

“I do. When I feel like it.” I said as I walked to her side.

“I love this book!” She said as she took “M or F” the book which I loved.

“Yeah, I loved it. It was funny and I loved the characters.” I said.

“Me too!” She said as she put the book down again.

We both smiled at each other.

“Katie! Let’s go home!” We both heard her mom called out.

“Yeah mom! Just a minute!” She shouted back.

“Well see you at school.” She said as we walked out my room.

“Bye.” I answered back as she went down the stairs.

I entered my room again and crash down my bed once again.

I was correct she is full of surprises. I thought as I fell asleep.

2 hours later . . .

“Jamie!” My mom called out, my eyes instantly opened.

“What?” I shouted my voice cracking, because I just woke up.

“Dinner, you better come down hear now! Your father’s coming home in any minute” She shouted as I stood up from bed lazily.

“Alright! Just let me change my clothes.” I said as I went in my walk-in-closet and pick out a new shirt from my drawer.

I took off my shirt and put on my new fresh shirt. I walked out my closet and hurried down stairs only to see my mom, Mrs. Havings, and Katie . . .

“What going on?” I questioned as I sat down on the chair.

“The Havings are having dinner with us, is there a problem?” My mom questioned.

“Nope, I was just asking.” I said.

“Katie, would you mind saying grace?” My mom questioned politely.

“No, Mrs. Anderson.” She said as we all held hands.

I was thankful that I was holding both of the old ladies hands. Because my palms were surely going to sweat when I were to hold Katie’s hand.

Just as we finished grace, my dad entered the house. He looked happy as usual. My mom stood up so did Mrs. Havings and Katie. I remained seated.

My dad walked to the dinner table and sat down on the other end. They all sat down, as my father did so too.

“So you must be our new neighbors?” My dad questioned Mrs. Havings.

“We are. This is my daughter Katie.” Mrs. Havings mentioned Katie as Katie took out her hand and shake my dad’s hand.

“Nice meeting you Katie. My dad said as they both let go.

“It’s my pleasure.” She added.

“Where’s the Mr.?” My dad asked as he noticed.

“Oh. He’s away on a business trip.” Mrs. Havings answered.

“What kind of business trip?” My dad asked.

The three adults chatted as me and Katie just ate their quietly. As we both finished, we both excused our selves and walked out the house.

“Wow! I can’t believe our parents, they just talked and talked. I didn’t even get to say a word.” I said as we both sit on the porch.

“Yeah. It’s like they get along so well.” She said.

"Hey, do you want to go to the park?” I asked her.

“Sure, why not?” She said as we both stood up and started walking to the park.

5 minutes later . . .

“I didn’t know the park was this close.” She said with a smile.

We both sat down on the swings.

“I bet I can swing higher than you!” She said as she started to swing.

“No you can’t!” I said as I started after her.

We were swinging so high, laughing at how childish we were, we forgot that we were competing against each other. When we both remembered we just laughed it off.

“Jamie, I’m glad I moved.” She said as both our swings slowed down.

“Why?” I questioned her.

“Because I met you.” She smiled as she looked at me.

I blushed.

“Me too.” I said as we just sat in silence.

The silence wasn’t weird or awkward. But it was just kind of normal for us.

Katie looked at her watch and read out the time.

“It’s 9:30. I better get home.” She said as we both stood up from our swings.

“Sure.” I said as we made our way home again.

5 minutes later . . .

“Well here we are.” I said as we were both in between of her house and my house.

“Well see you at school.” She said as she started walking to her house.

“See you too.” I said.

When she was about to go in her house, I suddenly interrupted her.

“Katie?” I said.

“Yeah?” She answered back.

“Would you like to walk to school with me?” I questioned a bit afraid of rejection.

“I’d love too!” She said as she went in her house.

I sighed in relief and just smiled.