‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

What a beautiful wedding!

Image
Banner made my U Got Nothin On Me. Thank you!

“Look! We’re the same height, can’t pick on me now!” Emma boasted, bumping her body against me like a football player as we walked towards the wedding ceremony.

I smirked, “I remember you saying numerous times ‘pick on someone you own size’” I told her and the smile dropped from her face, “Look, you’re my size!” I exclaimed in fake shock, she just glared, “Today will be fun.”

“I hate you.” She spat and stormed ahead. I laughed and hitched my dress up as we began to climb up the staircase, Danielle was there with her father along with Frankie, the ring bearer and the three groomsmen. But we all were grinning madly at how beautiful she looked in her princess like dress.

We all went and chatted to her for a short while, she showed us the surprise gift that Kevin had gotten her; a pair of glass slippers. I just about died, they were absolutely perfect and stunning. He was going to be the most amazing husband to her in the world, he was already making her dreams come true just by giving her everything she wants.

“Right!” Michael Russo, the main wedding planner, clapped his hands. “Flower girl and Frankie first behind the ring bearer, then bridesmaids and groomsmen and then maids of honour. Do we all remember where to go?”

“Yes.” We all replied together.

“Wonderful.” He grabbed his radio and brought it to his lips. “Cue violins.” He said. Everyone scuttled into order, I was leading the precession of bridesmaids and groomsmen and I would be walking with Garbo. Emma was walking with Ryan behind me and then Brenda and John. Jack and Kevin’s uncle Josh were walking with the maids of honour down the isle after we had gone. Frankie, Charlotte and the ring bearer all disappeared around the corner and we heard Michael say “First set of doors.”

“Good luck Danielle!” I said quietly turning to her. She blew me a kiss and began to mess around with her veil with the help of her dad.

“Right, bridesmaids and groomsmen around the corner!” Michael shouted, we all walked forward and I took a deep breath. Someone’s voice came through the speaker on his blazer pocket and said ‘bridesmaids and groomsmen’ and my heart jumped. I linked arms with Greg and we grinned at each other.

I didn’t want to fall, so I was focusing on that and making sure I’d look good in the photographs. The double doors opened wide and all 400 of the guests turned to look with smiles on their faces. I led the precession of with a grin on my face and my flowers against my torso, I could see Joe at the end of the isle stood a pace behind Kevin next to Nick in an all black suit. He looked stunning. My heart fluttered as we locked eyes, with a cheeky smile he winked at me; I giggled silently and winked back. Finally we arrived at the end of the isle and split apart, I went to the left and up onto the first of three steps. The bridesmaids stood on the first, and then the maids of honour on the second and Kevin and Danielle went on the large podium obviously. It was the same at the other side but the best men and then the groomsmen.

I snuck my hand, palm up, behind me and Emma discretely slapped her hand against mine in a low five. I smirked to myself and turned to look at the doors only to see that the maids of honour were nearly at the end of the isle now. This was always my favourite part of the wedding, the bridal march began to play louder than our walking violins played and everyone stood to watch her with their cameras out and faces full of happiness. Instead of looking at the bride I decided to take a look at Kevin and everyone else once I’d seen Danielle walk a bit. He was choked up, he was resisting tears, it was so easy to tell; the love in his eyes was simply undeniable. It made my soul smile to see the adoration in his eyes; there was no chance that he had any doubts or fears about marrying Danielle and that was beautiful in its own right.

Everyone was choked up and wiping away their tears once she reached the end of the isle and her father removed the veil from her face. I watched with joy as the ceremony began. It went on for a while, with gifts for the mothers and then readings from the bible by their Uncle Josh before they exchanged vows. When they did, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house; I even spotted Big Rob wiping away a tear. They then went on to light the unity candle and let it burn whilst Michael W Smith performed a song for them, it was so sappily romantic but definitely not cheesy; everything was perfect.

And, after a long ceremony of standing we all heard the words we had been waiting for, “I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride.”

Kevin gave her the sweetest kiss I had ever witness, it made me cry even more but I was happy; oh so happy. The two of them walked down the isle to the traditional wedding march mixed in with cheers and clapping for them.

Then, it was all a kerfuffle. We had to go for pictures as the wedding party but we all needed to make sure everyone was comfortable and with drinks inside one of the large ballrooms that had been transformed into a beautiful display of enchanted trees with white roses and crystals on them. Soft music played for them as background noise while they all chatting amongst themselves and ate of the platters that waitresses were carrying around.

I stood talking to Demi when someone grabbed my arm, it turned to see Nick. “Come on, picture time.”

“Bye!” I said to Demi giving her a hug before Nick dragged me through the crowds and out of the room.

The initial plan was to take them outside but snowing so badly that we had all been moved into the large entrance where there was a grand staircase to work with and beautiful architecture; I’d have wanted my photos in here whether the weather was nice or now.

I was in pictures of just the bridal party, with Kevin and Danielle and also just Danielle. My mom and I were also graciously included in the Jonas family picture, after that Danielle had been given some confidence and after seeing Nick and Emma have a couple photo taken she made me the most embarrassed bridesmaid ever.

Danielle announced loudly, “Could I get a picture of Joe and Julia together please?”

I stared at her with wide eyes, I couldn’t say no could I? It was her big day! The word ‘no’ was no allowed to be issued to Danielle today, she was to get everything she wants and so of course the two mothers, my mom and Denise, helped her out with her little devilish plan.

“That would be lovely!” Denise exclaimed, grabbing onto the arm of Joe’s suit and dragging him in front of the photographer’s camera.

Before my mother could get to me, and I could see her advancing, I stepped forward myself and made my way towards Joe. I smiled at him reassuringly, he gave me a nervous one back once I reached him. I stood myself next to him and was surprised by now methodically he put his arm around me but then I remembered the amount of fans that had been in my position. I placed my hand lightly on his back and smiled for the camera. The photographer snapped the picture and my mom frowned.

“Julia, you look like you need to go to the bathroom and you’re so far away from him. Shuffle up.” My mom scolded. I looked at Emma who was completely wrapped up talking to Nick; no doubt running him through what her wedding was going to be like.

I moved closer to Joe who squeezed my side making me smile, the sides of our bodies were pressed together making my heart go into over drive. I relaxed a bit more and smiled more freely, I was genuinely happy in his grasp.

“That’s better.” Denise’s voice came.

I smiled brightly and looked into the lens of the camera, the flash went off and I dropped my smile. “Good picture.” I blurted out to Joe.

He raised his eye brow at me and I shut my eyes. ‘Good picture’ what the hell? I quickly stepped away and let the photographer continue to shoot some more couple shots. As I was walking away I didn’t miss Joe’s laughter at my stupid comment. Emma was holding in her laughter to.

“Not a word or I will post that picture of you drunk to twitter.” I warned and her amused face snapped into a glaring one. Nick laughed at her and pressed his lips to her cheek so that she couldn’t help but smile and lean into him.

I walked away from the love fest and went to look out the window at the blanket of snow that was outside. It was peaceful, covering all the flowers that were there making them weigh down towards the ground. All the trees had snow up the side of them from where it had been snowing on an angle in the wind during the night. Everything looked to calm, I just wanted to go and walk through it.

My peaceful time alone was interrupted by Michael shouting that everyone but the bride and groom could leave to the ballroom. I walked up the stairs with Emma who was holding her dress up high to avoid standing on it.

“Jesus, why am I so short? I can barely walk in these heels!” She exclaimed with a huff. “I hate you, just strolling about with your little heels. Mrs green giant.”

“Sorry Frodo.” I retorted. I received a punch in the arm for that one.

After my little tiff with Emma I strolled into the ballroom and through the clumps of chattering people, some were on their phones as their significant others went on their cell phones. I smiled at the Jonas relatives that spotted me and smiled at the other guests too; even if I didn’t know them. I headed to the open bar and grabbed myself a lime cordial then wandered around trying to find someone to talk to.

I spotted one of Denise’s friend’s daughters Hanna; she caught my eye and waved frantically. I could see a boy talking to her continually even as she waved to me, I waved her over and she practically ran towards me leaving the boy failing his arms around as he told his story to himself.

“Thanks, I thought he’d never stop. He’s still going now!” She blabbered, “Anyway, how are you?”

I gave her a quick hug with a smile, “I’m good. I haven’t seen you in years!”

“I know! How’s life?” She asked kindly.

The conversation flowed quite nicely between us, probably because we hadn’t seen each other for so long which gave us quite a bit to talk about. We were all directed through another set of large doors for the reception where Danielle and Kevin greeted everyone who were going inside. It took a while to get everyone seated but once they were the meal was served, everything was buzzing in magical world they had created for us.

There were large tree like centre pieces and the whole room was lavender colours, the place settings were all detailed and each table had a digital camera so to take pictures of the people on their table for the wedding album. Their cake was seven tires high and studded with Swarovski crystals with iced flowers wrapping around it. It was by far the biggest cake I had ever seen in my life. Along with all of the tables there was an extremely large dance floor which was hidden by a draped sheet also lavender coloured but I’d managed to sneak a little peep behind it when everyone was sitting down.

We were presented with a three course meal all at our own choice, the waiters and waitresses brought around two options for each and we picked from them. Everything was served quickly and efficiently. It was all very delicious, especially the wedding cake which was pistachio and filled with chocolate mousse. Once I’d eaten one slice I wanted about ten more.

Then it was time for the speeches, as expected the father of the Bride’s speech was kind and special, Joe’s was absolutely hilarious, Nick’s was heart warming and Kevin’s was love filled and touching; it brought another round of tears to everyone in the room.

After all the tables had been cleared of everything and Kevin and Danielle had made their rounds and spoke to all of the guests for a few short minutes each. The lights in the marquee changed to a deep blue colour to change to the night life theme, everyone was stood up now and chairs were everywhere though staff were walking around and creating path ways.

“And now, it’s time for the first dance. Could the bride and groom please take to the dance floor with the wedding party around them?” The DJ announced over the microphone.

I slid through the small gaps people had left until I was on the edge of the circle around them, I spotted Nick and Emma across the circle from me and sighed; I needed to find Joe. I craned my neck up, down, left and right to find him.

I almost jumped out of my skin when someone tapped on my shoulder, I spun around only to come face to face with Joe. I offered him a nervous smile and stepped to the side so that we were both next to each other. Kevin and Danielle strolled into the middle of the dance floor after checking everyone was in place which we were. The music had begun to play and they started their first dance as husband and wife.

Everyone was watching them but they could only see each other; it was so romantic and sweet that I didn’t even think about what I was going to have to do because it would make them happy and that’s all I wanted. So, once the second verse began to play all the bridesmaids, groomsmen, best men, fathers of the bride and groom, mothers of the bride and groom all walk on.

Joe took my hand and led me out in front of everyone’s gaze, he made sure that we were dancing next to Emma and Nick which was nice, although they weren’t paying much attention to anyone. I placed my hand in his, he placed one hand on my back while I placed my other hand on his upper arm. Gently he swayed me from side to side. I awkwardly tried to slow dance with him and keep my composure.

I felt my heart skip a beat when he placed his lips at my ear, “Stand on my feet.” He whispered.

Without a second thought I stepped onto his much larger feet and we began to dance much more easily. “Do you not think this is awkward?” I questioned quietly.

He shook his head, “This is how it’s supposed to be.”

I had to agree, we fit together perfectly and it was so natural to be with him. Finally, I decided just to give in to my senses and rest my head on his shoulder; he seemed pretty happy about that and pulled me closer to him. I could smell his cologne faintly, it was comforting and refreshing. All the memories were flooding back to my conscious mind now and they brought a wide smile to my face.

“Don’t you think this is all so beautiful?” I said to him, rubbing my thumb against the soft skin of his hands.

“Yeah, but our wedding would be so much cooler.” He joked, I giggled and lifted my head from his shoulder to look at him.

I grinned, “Oh yeah, of course. We’d have chocolate pool within a bouncy castle and edible place settings.” I smiled madly, recalling when we planned our wedding at aged thirteen.

“Don’t forget that our first dance is going to be ‘I’d Do Anything’ from Oliver.” He recalled gleefully.

“I didn’t forget.” I assured him with a smile. “Would you lace my shoe?” I sung.

“Anything.” He sang back into my ear.

“Paint your face bright blue?” I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face now.

He laughed then sang back, “Anything.”

I looked at him playfully, “Catch a kangaroo?”

“Anything.”

“Go to Timbuktu?” I tilted my head as I waited for him to sing the next line.

He dropped my hand so I just placed it on his chest, Joe brought his hand up to my face making me panic. Slowly his fingers grazed my neck then danced up to my cheek, he looked deep into my eyes and brought his face intimidating close to fine.

“And back again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh, 200 comments, thanks so much guys. It makes me smile reeeeeeally big when the nicer of you take the time to comment on my story.

*cannotthinkofanythingwittytotryandmakeyoucomment* So, leave me a comment? 15+ for the next, already written chapter?

QOTC: When was the last time you did something for the first time?