‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

Keep on moving like you did last summer

I’d fought with him for 10 minutes. He just wouldn’t get up off the sofa so I gave in and sat down beside him. We watched the music channels for a little while, singing along to ourselves. He was probably gawking at all the girls while I was thinking up ways to look like them.

“Want to go out for breakfast? I haven’t got the groceries so there isn’t much in the house.” Joe suggested.

“Sure.” I smiled, “Let me loose in your closet to see if I can throw together something decent to wear.”

Joe laughed at me, “Okay then.”

I skipped up the stairs and into his closet. I needed to find something that I could wear that wouldn’t make me look like I was hiding a baby bump and that would look like something any girl could wear on any day. Luckily I still had my stilettos from last night so I could easily pair those with a pair of Joe’s skinniest skinny jeans. On several occasions he had been bought jeans that were too small for him so I snaked out a pair of them, they fit quite nicely with just a bit of bagginess. Then I picked out one of his red and white flannels and instead of leaving it open I buttoned it up. With the stilettos the outfit actually wasn’t half bad, it just looked like I’d lost weight.

Once I was dressed I tugged a brush through my stiff hair and tied it back with a hair band I had found in my purse along with some foundation and mascara that I applied to my face with a smile; paparazzi would be on us like glue so I wanted to look half decent.

Joe had taken some clothes out of the closet and got changed in his room while I was in the closet. Soon after I had finished, I ran downstairs and sung around the banister towards the kitchen. Joe was sitting patiently tapping his fingers against the counter top which he leaned on.

“Ready?” He questioned, I answered with a nod. “You look good in my clothes.”

“Thanks.” I said brightly, “Your car or mine?”

“Mine.” He replied walking past me towards the door.

I followed him, “By mine do you mean yours?”

“Yes, I mean mine.” He chuckled shaking his head.

“It was a reasonable question.” I muttered in annoyance.

It was strange being back in Joe’s car, riding in the passenger’s seat while he drove. Though we conversed easily and nothing felt awkward it took me a while to slip into feeling comfortable again, it was nerve wracking not knowing whether things would be the same between us but so far things seemed to be going well. I hadn’t had to endure awkward silences or force conversation.

Rain on the roads in L.A caused every driver to drive as if there was a thin layer of ice on the ground, Joe and I joked at the expense of those drivers who barely surpassed 30 miles per hour. We did notice that we were being followed, which meant that paparazzi or fans were aware of us. It was slightly annoying but we got over it.

Joe parked a short walk away from the restaurant, we spotted Nick’s car across the street; paparazzi were hanging around like flies near the doors but soon buzzed over to where we were once their paparazzi friends who were following us alerted them of our presence.

They ran over the road, getting soaked and almost getting hit by a car in the process. “Losers…” Joe mumbled shaking his head.

I smiled sympathetically at him, he really didn’t like paparazzi. Joe grabbed his umbrella then climbed out of the car, he ignored the paparazzi, put up his umbrella and strolled straight to my door. I smiled at him as he opened my door then I slid down onto the ground and under the cover of his umbrella. He shut the door then turned to face the shutterbugs that were furiously surrounding us. There must have been at least twenty of them, more than we were used to encountering.

There was always one nice photographer that shouted things like, ‘back up’ or ‘give them some room’ and he was there too. But Joe was on the edge as we tried to walk down the street.

“Guys, get out of the way!” He shouted, they made a bit more of an effort to walk backwards faster.

It was hard to keep up the pace in my heels, I nearly went over on my ankle so Joe put his arm around my waist to steady me and keep my under the umbrella. But, that action only made them even more rowdy and thirsty for pictures.

“Julia! You look so hot!” One older pap shouted, I nearly was sick in my mouth.

“Watch it buddy.” Joe snapped jokingly making me blush.

Joe and I sprinted across the road before they could which gave us a chance to get straight into the restaurant without anymore interferences, thankfully. When inside we spotted Nick and Emma sat in a booth inconspicuously at the back of the restaurant, a few pairs of eyes followed us as we walked over there but nothing more. It was quite quiet, probably because of the rain.

Joe slid in first opposite Nick and I followed. “Hey!” I greeted them happily.

“Sorry?” Emma replied, holding her hand to her ear, “I thought I heard the voice of the girl who was too busy to talk to me.”

I kicked her shin under the table. “Well, I’m here now.”

“Well observed, now pick something to eat. Nick and I are about to eat the table.” She ordered throwing a menu at me.

“Charming.” I mumbled gazing over the menu. My eyes zone in on the cheese omelette so I just went with that and a diet coke.

“So,” Nick started once we’d all ordered, “Are you coming to the show tonight?”

I shook my head, “Nope.” Suddenly, three pairs of eyes were glued to me. “I have better things to do, like organize my socks and eat.”

They all smiled once they realised I was joking, “So, what did you two get up to last night?”

I glared at Emma who was smirking, “We watched Quantum of Solace then went to sleep.” Joe explained simply.

“Sounds like a party.” Nick commented sarcastically.

We chatted about random things such as the weather and Nick’s show tonight, he seemed a little less nervous about it now that he had already played a show and the response had been good. He had his own twitter now which was good, I hadn’t even noticed that Joe had created his own twitter either; probably because I don’t go on it as much as I used to so I quickly followed him.

The conversation on twitter gave us all the urge to tweet we all pulled out our various cell phones and opened twitter.

Juliharrr Out to breakfast with @nickjonas @emmarection and @joejonas. I’m looooving the rain!

joejonas Hanging out with @Juliharrr @nickjonas and @emmarection. Am I immature for giggling whilst typing Emma’s name…

Juliharrr @joejonas Yes. What are you doing?

joejonas @Juliharrr waiting for food.

Juliharrr @joejonas Me too.

joejonas @Juliharrr I know, you’re sat next to me.

I chuckled at mine and Joe’s twitter conversation, he poked me in the side making me choke on my own spit.

“I just choked on my own spit.” I laughed, so did Emma where as the boys just shook their heads.

“Have you ever choked on you own spit, Nick?” Emma questioned, raising her eye brow at him.

“Are you seriously asking me that question?” He said with complete amazement.

She nodded, keeping her face straight. “There’s nothing funny about choking on spit.”

While they argued about the hazards of saliva I checked twitter again.

emmarection @Juliharrr OMJ U R EATINZ WIT A JOBRO?!?!?!!?!? I HATE U.

I simply laughed and shoved my phone back into my pocket, I think we’d had enough technology in our morning get together, though once the food was put in front of us not a word was muttered as we dug in to our delicious meals. Emma and I took our time while Joe and Nick felt the urge to basically pick up the plate and tip it into their mouths consequently leaving them both tapping their fingers on the table impatiently as we progressed through our food at a normal pace.

“You two need to learn how to eat with purpose… the purpose is to finish.” Nick commented.

Emma punched him in the arm, “We’re nearly finished!”

I dropped my fork onto the empty plate in front of me then pushed it towards the middle of the table. “It’s a miracle!” Joe exclaimed with a cocky smile.

“Oh shut up.” I said to Joe, I turned to Nick. “So, who’s coming again.”

“Urm…” he paused to think, “Everyone who was there last time, Selena and Nicole are coming too. Uh, Miley is coming I think.”

“Miley?” I squeaked. “Aw shit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woooow, you lot are so great for commenting. I really appreciate it.

The next chapter is the biggy, find out the answer to the question that no one fails to ask in the comments 'who did he cheat on her with?!' ... dun dun dunnnn. COMMENT!

QOTC: If you could have one super power, what would it be?