‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

You're falling down

It took me a few minutes to remove the gems from my face, there was solution on the table for me to use; surprisingly they left not mark on my face either. The hard part was getting my hair into some sort of style, I put it into a bun at the nape of my neck and used some hair grips to move my hair back against my head; it looked okay. After I’d finished that I changed back into my denim shorts and plain white v-neck t-shirt then placed my yellow hat on my head.

I gathered up my belongings, rolling my eyes at Joe who sat texting on his phone. He was still being stroppy with me for not making out with him earlier, in my eyes he was being pathetic and it wasn’t funny.

I hung my bag over my shoulder and took my car keys from my hand. “Your mom text me telling us to go over for dinner.”

“I know.” He mumbled, continuing to text on his iPhone. “She text me too.”

“Well, I’m going home to shower.” I announced.

I strolled towards the door and pulled it open, he made no move. I let out an angry sigh and walked out the room, slamming the door behind me. My anger carried me faster that I thought it would and before I knew it I was outside. I couldn’t see any paparazzi oddly enough so I strolled with a sense of freedom.

A smirk flashed across my face as I heard the door behind me open and slam, then footsteps slamming against the ground one after another. I stopped in my tracks waiting for it.

His arms wrapped around me, from behind. I was careful not to move and I could sense he was not pressing himself too hard against me; he would still be slightly sore from the surgery. I turned around to face him, straight faced and annoyed still. When he took the hat from my head I knew what he was going to do, we’d done this many of times.

Just as I expected he covered our faces with the hat, “I’m sorry.” He whispered as he ducked his mouth onto mine in a sweet kiss. “I was being stupid.”

“Yeah, you were.” I glared. He placed another kiss on my lips. “Did you drive here?”

Again, another kiss. “No, I got taken here. Can I drive?”

He placed my hat back on my head for me with a smile. “No.”

“No?” He exclaimed, “Please?”

I shook my head, “My car. Plus, it’s a nice day. Enjoy the passenger’s seat, Joseph.”

I watched him sulk with a smile; that’s what he gets for being a complete prick. I climbed into the driver’s seat and turned on the engine, Joe pressed the button to take the roof down. I glared at him for beating me to it, he just stuck his tongue out childishly and snapped a picture of me on his iPhone. I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio, letting Joe bat my hand away and flick through all the stations to find a song. I grabbed my sunglasses from the sun visor where I hid them and slid them onto my face; Joe saw and it prompted him to put on his own.

“Where are we going?” Joe asked as I weaved through the Los Angeles roads and traffic.

“To my house so I can shower and change then we’ll go to yours for dinner.” I clarified; he never listens.

Joe sang along to the radio all the way to my house, it made me smile. It was only when I was driving down the street towards my home that I realised Joe hadn’t been here in quite a long time and the last time he was there we weren’t on good terms. I brushed off the odd nerves I felt and strolled with confidence into the house. Suddenly, I was thankful that my mom had taken time to put all the pictures I’d taken down back up on the walls; then I remembered that I hadn’t put them back up in my bedroom. I hoped he wouldn’t notice and that he would understand why they weren’t there.

He followed me into my bedroom and made himself comfortable on my bed and with my laptop. “I’m going to shower, entertain yourself.”

“I could join you, then I wouldn’t have to entertain myself.” He suggested with a seductive wink.

I pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it at his face.

I was in my bathroom before he got the chance to peel it from his face. I took my time showering, loving the feeling of the water streaming down my aching body. I used the ‘Aussie’ shampoo and conditioner that I knew Joe loved because he thought it smelled like candy. I loved it too.

Once I’d cleaned myself properly I walked through to my closet/dressing room and started to blow dry my hair. As the delicious smell travelled around me I smiled and felt relaxed. For my outfit I didn’t want to look too dressed up so I went with a pair of black leggings, flat ballet shoes and a long grey top that stopped just below my ass. Then I put on a long black cardigan and sat to do my makeup. I kept it simple; foundation, powder, liquid eyeliner and mascara, nothing to flash.

I loosely curled my light brown hair then headed back into my bedroom, I was slightly caught off guard when Joe wasn’t there but I could hear him singing in my kitchen so I quietly crept downstairs un noticed.

He was singing the tune of Queen’s song ‘Break Free’ while making himself a cup of tea. While waiting for the kettle to boil he began to dance around my kitchen using the spoon as a microphone. I quickly began recording him.

When he hit the chorus, he sang loudly. “I WANT TO DRINK TEA!”

I burst out laughing making him stop his singing and bolt around so quickly, he slipped and disappeared to the floor behind the counter. Laughing, I skipped over and pointed the camera at his crumpled body on the floor.

“Ow!” He yelled, “My poor—” I cut the video off, “—ass!”

“Aw baby.” I cooed. I knelt down next to him and crawled over. “Where does it hurt?” I gasped slightly as he grabbed onto my side and pulled me onto his flat body so that I was straddling him. He smirked and then sat upright against the counter behind him.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and leant down to press my lips against his softly, I closed my eyes and smiled as he put more pressure on the kiss. In unison we began to mash our lips together in a passionate kiss, the hairs on my arms stood on end as his hand slid up my thigh and under my dress to rest on my bare skin. To take some more control, I unexpectedly slipped my tongue into his mouth making him groan when I ran my tongue over his. The intensity of the kiss was reaching its peak as we explored the mouths we’d both missed so much.

My phone burst out into song loudly on in my bag. We both stopped, Joe had my lip between his teeth and I had his face in my hands. Slowly I turned my head to look at him, our eyes locked.

Joe released my lip and shook his head, “Don’t answer it.”

I paused, looking at his stern face. Without warning I jumped off of him, he tried to latch onto my legs but was only milliseconds too late; and so was I when it came to reaching my cell phone. I sighed as I looked at the words ‘Missed call: Mom’ on my screen.

“It was my mom, she’s probably calling because we’re going to be late.” I said to Joe tossing my cell into my bag.

Joe pulled himself up and brushed down his jeans and re-adjust his tight black vest and then button up his jean shirt. I tossed him my keys and he smiled at me like a child who had just been given candy, I chuckled at his adorableness and grabbed my purse. Joe tapped my ass as I walked in front of him, making me jump forward a step. He chuckled at me making me frown.

“I really got to pee.” I said to Joe as we walked up to his parents door. “I’ll just go straight up there.”

“Okay, don’t miss the toilet.” I gasped and punched his arm, “I was just joking.”

As soon as we stepped in the house, Joe announced our arrival and I ran up the stairs. But curiosity got the better of me when I heard Denise running out the kitchen towards him; she never usually did this. I hovered around the corner at the top of the stairs and listened in on their conversation.

“Hi sweetie, where’s Julia?” Denise basically slurred her words together she was talking so fast.

“She’s gone to the bathroom, you seem panicky?”

“Well.” She hummed, “Nick brought a surprise friend, I tried to call you and give you a heads up. He didn’t know you would be joining us for dinner so, well...” She paused, “Emma’s here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramaz.

We aren't doing well on the comments front lately, so COMMENT PLEASE? :) They're like a lovely hug.

QOTC: Did you watch the JB live chat? I thought Nick was hillarious. KEVIN: "I have a dog." NICK: "Well..." Haha! I agree, it's like a rat.