‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

Looks like you've got the world on a string

Paparazzi were already at the beach to capture Joe’s work out, but they were at a distance. So when they saw me, instead of moving from the position they were at just to move back they used their zoom and snapped from a distance. It was nice not to be pushing my way through grown men. But their sudden interest in something other than he himself made Joe spot me easily, meaning I couldn’t have a few moments to gather my thoughts.

I sat on the wall that separated the beach from the path then spun around so I was facing out onto the beach, I watched as he spoke to his trainer who gave a frustrated nod. Then he wiped his face with a towel, took a swig of water then jogged over to me.

He stood in front of me casting a shadow over me, “Hey.”

“Hi.” I replied, he sat down on the wall next to me. I twisted my head to look at him, “So, have you thought about what you did?”

Joe chuckled and ran his tongue over his dry lips, “You sound like my mom.”

I rolled my eyes, “Just answer.”

“Yep, I have.” He answered me finally, “The thing is, I know that you have beef with Emma and that things have happened that should make you not trust me around her. But she is a friend, and that’s all she’ll be.”

I frowned, “But that’s what I thought before.” I mumbled to myself, “Then...” I paused, “all that happened.”

I looked at the grains of sand as I felt his hands slowly slip themselves into my own, his fingers grazed the side of my face making me slowly turn to look at him. My heart pounded and my foot tapped against the sand at a rapid speed; the result of my nervousness. I never wanted to have this conversation. I shouldn’t have to have this conversation. But it was happening whether I liked it or not.

I looked at his face, then took the risk and stared into his eyes. “Julia, I know that what I did hurt you. But, we can’t build a relationship without trust. You have to learn to trust me again.”

“And you have to realise that it’s going to take me a while. You should have thought about how I would feel about you going to lunch with Emma.” I retorted, a tinge of sadness to my words. There was an eerie silence between us. “Okay?” I pressed.

He nodded, “Will you wait for me? I just need to do another fifteen then I’ll take you shopping.”

I grinned, “That’s more like it.” I cooed, taking his cheeks between my fingers. He playfully batted my hands away then pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

What I failed to notice was that while distracting me with a kiss he manoeuvred himself so that he could pick me up and throw me over his shoulder. I gave up trying to fight him and propped my elbow on his back so that I could rest my head on my hands.

“Joe, what are you doing?” I questioned.

“Grab onto the rings.” He demanded. I rolled my eyes and did as I was told, I hung from the bar like a sack of potatoes.

“Joe...” I whined, twisting my legs around. “Help me down.”

Joe chuckled evilly. “Do a pull up.”

I mustered all the strength in my arms and attempted to pull myself up, I got a few centimetres further up than I actually was then dropped back down. “I can’t! I’m weak!”

He shook his head in shame then stepped forward. I wrapped my legs under his arms and he slowly lowered me down until I was clinging onto him like a monkey. “Aw baby.” He cooed.

I giggled and pressed a kiss to his lips. “Sorry, couldn’t resist.” I whispered, “Any chance you could come shopping now?” I whispered seductively into his ear, “I really need some new lingerie... and maybe some other things.”

Joe laughed at me and nodded, “I’ll meet you at the car, let me go and talk to Joey.” He kissed my forehead.

I picked my keys and blackberry up from the floor and then trod through the sand to get to my car, the paparazzi wasted no time surrounding me. Usually, if one breaks the mould of keeping their distance then the rest with conform and run forward.

I unexpectedly felt Joe’s hand on my back, then heard him protectively shout, “Come on, have some respect.”

“Sorry Joe.” A few chorused, where as others just continued to walk backwards down the path.

I watched as one of the paparazzi failed to notice the curb and fell down it onto his back, I gasped then hurried over. I held out my hand and helped him to his feet. “You alright?”

“Yes, thank you.” He smiled, I smiled back then let Joe grab my hand and pull me towards the car.

I handed Joe the keys when signalling him to open the passenger’s side for me and not the drivers, he gave my hand a ‘thank you’ squeeze before he let go of me so that I could get inside. I sat inside with a small smile as I watched the paparazzi press their cameras against my windows and snap pictures of me and Joe.

As soon as Joe got in the driving seat he wasted no time starting the car and taking off. I was texting Carl about arranging some more shoots with more designers and also getting some catwalk training. Joe sat quietly as he drove us towards one of my favourite shopping centers; the Beverly Center.

“Have you spoken to your mom about moving in with me?” Joe asked, breaking the silence we had previously been in while I organised some more shoots.

I cleared my throat, “Urm, I don’t recall you asking me to move in with you. But, I’m sure she’ll be fine with it.” I chuckled nervously.

Joe grinned then switched on the radio, smiling as Lady GaGa featuring Beyonce ‘Telephone’ began playing through the speakers. I watched, completely amused, as he bobbed his head in a gay fashion and sang along. In hopes of capturing the hilarious sight in front of me and sneakily recorded him under my arm on my phone.

“Boy the way you blowin’ up my phone won’t make me leave no faster, put my coat on faster, leave my girls no faster. I shoulda left my phone at home cause this is a disaster, callin’ like a collector sorry I cannot answer.” He sang imitating the voice of Beyonce to perfection.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer and burst out laughing. He looked over in surprise when he saw my phone in my hand. “Ha!” I shouted.

“You’re so horrible to me all the time.” He whined pouting his lip, “All the time.” He repeated.

I rolled my eyes at him, “Suck it up.” I demanded jokingly. He bit his bottom lip and started to poke my face with his finger, “Ow!” I exclaimed.

“Stop picking on me!” Joe shouted angrily, clenching his teeth,

I wriggled around trying to bat his hand away as his hard finger stabbed against my soft skin, I slapped his arm unsuccessfully but eventually he stopped and concentrated on driving. For the rest of the drive there we both sung quietly along together, harmonising unconsciously, and stealing quick glances of each other when we felt we needed.

When we reached a parking lot, Joe drove around aimlessly going past many spots stopping only to examine them then drive onwards. “Pick a space, any space.”

“I want to find a good one.” He stated, I sighed and scratched my head as clapped as he finally chose a space.

Joe just shook his head at my immature antics and got out of the car, I gathered up my things in the short time it took him to walk around to my side of the car and open the door for me. I smiled thankfully at him as I always did when he opened my doors and slipped my hand into his.

Walking towards the shopping center doors hand in hand with no paparazzi around was strange, but I knew just because I couldn’t see them doesn’t mean they weren’t there. It brought a slight frown to my face when I came to realise that it was strange for Joe and I to be completely alone together in public. I changed my attitude sharply though, there was no point dwelling on the negative. I was ready to have a relaxing shopping trip with my hunk of a boyfriend in tow.

I didn’t fail to notice the paparazzi that were in the mall, Joe alerted security and they were being watched carefully. I led Joe towards H&M, he didn’t have the slightest idea where to go so just allowed me to direct him.

I dropped his hand and began to look through the racks of clothing while Joe lingered by my side. “We’ll look in the men’s section in a little bit.” I assured him.

He nodded in reply. I looked to him, “Okay.”

“What’s up?” I asked him, putting the top in my hand back to place my hands on his arms. “You seem stressed.”

Joe just shrugged and offered me a weak smile. “I start filming in two days, I’m just sad that I will hardly see you.” I smiled at him, trying to lift his obviously low spirits. “You organised your schedule in the car, mumbling... and I can just tell we’re not going to see much of each other.”

I knew he was right. He was definitely right. I would be flying to New York for four days in a couple of days, he would be working long hours shooting the new season of JONAS. There was a lot going to be going on for both of us, exciting things that we knew we were lucky to have but we did have to sacrifice things to get them. But that was okay, we’d gone for very long periods of time without each other, though it was going to be even harder because we’d just gotten back into the swing of being together again.

But I put on a happy front. “Then we’re just going to have to enjoy the time we do have together.”

He looked at me with a shining aura about him, my words had worked wonders. “I love you.” He whispered sweetly, running his fingers from my forehead down to my chin.

“I love you too.” I replied shakily, this touch leaving a burning trail behind. I giggled as he grabbed my cheeks and pushed my lips together, “Do I look like a fish?”

“Maybe an eel.” He pondered, “More eelish than anything.”

“Eels are fishes.” I told him, my voice making him chuckle as I tried to speak through my squished lips.

“You look like a surprised chipmunk.” I frowned. Joe just grinned and pressed his lips to mine then let go of my cheeks. “Now that I’ve said that, you do resemble a chipmunk!”

I gasped, “Again with the insults!” I snapped dramatically.

I stomped away towards the jewellery at the back of the store. I could hear him coming closer, he wrapped his arms around and shoved his hands into my front pockets. I smirked as he placed a kiss on my neck making my body tingle.

“You’re a beautiful looking chipmunk.” He said between the kisses he was placing on my neck.

I just pulled his hands from my pockets and stepped away from him, dragging out my silly strop for a little bit longer; just to irritate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! 15+ I really appreciate them.

This took me ages to write. Sorry! Take Joe & NickJonas as an apology;
Image

QOTC: How was/is your day going?