‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

The sun is in the sky and it is gunna be a glorious day

I’d decided to take off my knee high socks, deciding it was a death wish to be spotted in them by paparazzi. I could see the headlines in my mind; ‘KNEE HIGH FAILURE.’ I put on a pair of sandals then grabbed a pair of sunglasses and followed Emma out to her red beetle that was parked behind my car. I hadn’t seen or been in the car for a while, and it was nice to finally sit down in the oh-so familiar passenger’s seat and have Emma drive us towards the park in which the boys were filming.

We had already been alerted of the high security on set and the fact that the boys were doing a live chat, but everything was supposedly all prepared for when we arrive. But the one thing that Emma and I didn’t prepare for was the fact Emma had no idea where to go.

“Emma, it was that left!” I shouted at her, looking through the back window.

“No, it wasn’t! I’ve lived in L.A longer than you, it’s this way. Now, shut up and let me drive!” She screeched, turning up the music.

After another few wrong turns, going in circles and even stopping to ask for directions we finally knew where we were supposed to be heading.

“So...” I trailed off. “A few week or so ago, I was looking through Joe’s closet and found a box.”

“Like a ring box?” I nodded. “OH MY GOD.” She screamed, then began speaking so high pitched, loud and fast I couldn’t understand a thing she had just said to me. “I can’t believe he’s going to propose to you! Oh my God, I love weddings. You have to let me help you plan it, we need flowers galore and beautiful cakes and dresses... DRESSES! I better be maid of honour, I want to help you choose my dress. Nothing peach because I’ll look like an actual peach if I wear that colour, I like red, but not like a bloody red like a---”

“STOP!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. She closed her mouth and looked at me innocently. “I don’t think it’s an engagement ring.”

“Well what else would he buy you? A charm bracelet.” She huffed with a small smirk, “You’re getting engaged honey. Those purity rings have to come off sometime. Joe’s been holding himself back from his natural instincts for a while. He’s going to have to put his key in your lock is you know what I’m saying.”

“Urgh! So, not necessary Emma!” I droned, rubbing my cheeks. “It’s probably a promise ring.”

“Oh please.” She gasped, “Promise rings, engagement rings, they’re practically the same. Promise rings are just what people who have loads of money do, why have one engagement when you can have two!”

I shook my head and remained silent as she turned onto the set grounds, immediately we were stopped by security. I cleared my throat and watched as Emma wound down the window to speak to the angry looking fat man who held a clipboard in his hand and a radio clipped to his blue shirt, complete with sweat patches.

He shoved his badge into Emma’s face, as if it would prove something. “ID.” He demanded, his voice low and harsh.

I went into my purse and pulled out my driving licence then handed it to Emma who handed it to him as well as her own. He examined them, bending them and holding them up to the light. I rolled my eyes, did he seriously think we were a huge risk to our own boyfriends lives?

He glanced down at his clipboard. He leant in and threw a piece of paper onto the dash board then gave us two passes, “That will get you through the other security. Go on through.”

“Thank you.” Emma said, driving away too quickly for him to catch the end of what she was saying. “Wow, he smelled worse than the stink that comes out of Elvis.”

I let out a loud chuckle.

We drove through the security and parked up a short walk away from the large tents that housed make up, lounges, sets, catering, etc. I put on my large sunglasses and strolled across the grass, trying to listen to Emma talk about skittles and how much she wanted to eat an orange. My eyes scanned over everywhere searching for Joe, but I couldn’t see him, nor could I spot any paparazzi cameras. We spotted Jeff outside of a tent and immediately knew where the boys were, I grabbed Emma’s arm and directed her towards the tent. She caught on and quickened her pace.

Jeff waved us over with a finger to his lips, they must be doing the live chat. He opened the tent door and we sat only Kevin and Nick sat behind the laptop. They both looked up, I gave them a questioning look.

Nick subtly created a square with his fingers and I soon cottoned on that he was telling me Joe was on set. I gave him the thumbs up and retreated from the tent, leaving Emma to wait while they finished the live chat with their fans.

“Jeff, which way is the filming?” I questioned, folding my arms over my stomach.

“Just follow the set signs.” He laughed, I blushed and nodded. Giving him a small wave as I scurried off towards the area I was pointed to.

I was excited to see Joe, but slightly confused as to why he invited me to see him if he was filming and also if they were doing a live chat. I hoped that once he was done filming that we could go and get some lunch together, I was starving and wanted to spend some time with him before I left for New York. When he finished work today, I knew he would be tired and want to go to sleep and even if he did try to stay awake then he’d eventually collapse. It would just be a repeat of our ‘Juli-oe’ nights on the world tour, he’d never make it through the whole of it without drifting off to sleep. But, even still it would be nice to spend the night with him.

He was mid-scene with Chelsea Staub when I arrived behind the cameras quietly. I spotted a chair with ‘JOE JONAS’ on the back so I seated myself in it and observed the scene.

“You don’t have anything to worry about.” Joe spoke, his voice velvety and sweet. I felt my stomach drop as I watched him pick up her hands in his own, I knew he was acting but I couldn’t help it. “I’m yours.”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t doubt you.” ‘Stella’ replied, a smile tugging on her lips.

“Yeah, you shouldn’t.” Joe retorted, a teasing tone to his voice.

There was a few seconds of silence, my heart skipped a beat when the director shouted, “CUT!” at the top of his lungs.

“Woo!” I cheered, standing to my feet on the wooden bar on Joe’s chair. “Yeah!” I continued to clap then realised everyone was looking at me and slowed down until my hands were clasped together. “Awesome job. Oscar worthy.” I mumbled to myself, looking around behind me innocently.

“Time to break for lunch!” The director said into his microphone, still looking at me like I was insane.

I glanced over to Joe, inhaling a large breath of air into my lungs. Joe was laughing hysterically at me along with Chelsea, I slumped back down into the chair and crossed my arms over my chest to hide my embarrassment. Joe stumbled over, still laughing at my misfortune.

“Oh my gosh.” He laughed, doubled over with tears running down his cheeks. I pouted. “I love you.”

“Stop laughing!” I cried, pushing his shoulder but it didn’t move him much nor did it stop him from laughing at me. I sat on the chair and sighed, waiting for him to stop. Finally, he calmed himself down to an occasional giggle. “Are you done now?” I snapped.

“Yes.” He smirked leaning forward with his lips puckered. I turned my head sharply with a frown on my face. “Oh come on,” he swooned, “you’d laugh if I clapped after you wrapped a photo shoot.”

“Promise that we’ll never speak of it again?” I said firmly. I stuck out my pinky finger, he looked at it and wrapped his own around mine.

“Promise.” Once he’d said that, we twisted our hand and bumped our elbows together and then out fists and simultaneously made an exploding noise.

Joe reached for my hand and grasped it in his own, I tried to hide my joy when he laced our fingers together then took me by surprise by pressing his lips to mine. He smiled against my lips as I moved my free hand to the back of his neck just to feel his skin and run my fingers through the ends of his short, thick hair. His skin was always so warm and smooth, my finger tips grazed across the smooth surface of his neck and occasionally found one of his beauty marks. He was always quite insecure about his beauty marks, but he had them for a reason, they just made him even more beautiful.

We walked hand in hand towards the live chat tent, he gave me a peck on the lips before we went in then hurried over to where Nick and Kevin were.

“Look who’s here!” Kevin exclaimed.

I sat down with Emma and Danielle who were sitting patiently waiting for them. “They’re just finishing up.” Emma whispered.

“Well, that was a short visit for me. But I was at least here for a little bit off it, thanks for tuning in guys!” I heard Joe say.

The three waved and chorused some variations of ‘goodbye’ then disconnected from the live chat. It was cute to watch the three walk in a line over to us and take their respective partners by the hand.

Joe and I left the tent and followed Big Rob across the fresh green grass to the private cast catering tent.

“How far through packing did you get?” Joe questioned. I smiled as he began to swing our arms together in the space between us.

“I’m all packed for New York, I just need to finish off some of my closet and Emma needs to finish my bedroom.” I told him, frowning at the work that was waiting for me. “What time will you finish?”

He hummed, “Around 10 we think.”

I sighed. Joe obviously heard me and pulled me into his side then kissed my forehead as we walked into the shaded tent. I stood in awe at all the food, set out in a buffet style just waiting for me to go and eat.

I was drawn immediately to the burgers that were sizzling on a grill manned by one of the chefs, I could smell the beef simmering and the cheese melting on top of it. My feet took me there sharply, I smiled at the chef who began to place the burger inside of a bun. He went to hand me the plate, I just look at him expectedly. He chuckled and began to prepare another burger for me. I nodded with a cheeky grin and took the plate from him. I wandered away from the food in search of some ketchup to put on my burgers, smiling when I finally spotted it. I smothered my burgers in tomato ketchup then grabbed myself a can of ice cold diet coke.

Joe joined me shortly after with a plate full of pasta. He looked at my plate and smiled, I smiled back and followed him out of the catering tent to the gazebo filled with tables.

We each took a seat on separate sides of the table and I took a huge bite out of my burger. I could feel the ketchup dripping down my chin but ignored it and continued to chew. Joe took a tissue and wiped it off for me.

“Why am I dating you?” He trailed off, shaking his head as he stabbed some pasta onto his fork.

“Because, I’m just so pretty and funny and kind and—” He cut me off with a kiss, my muscles tensed, he was never one of kiss me in public. Joe pulled his lips from mine with a smile, I offered a nervous one back. “That was... surprising.”

He shrugged, “Can’t I kiss my girlfriend?”

I paused and shrugged in return, “It’s just... you always say you don’t like PDA.”

Joe let out a little chuckle and took a swig of his water, “I don’t like PDA when I see it, with you I think I could just about put up with it.”

I just rolled my eyes and picked my burger back up, he was so weird sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love reading your comments and feedback! Keep it coming you lovely readers.

Click here to comment, please :)

P.S To the commenters mentioning my lack of sexy Jonas picture, it's baaaack.

Image