‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

Epilogue

In some ways, I guess I always knew that my life would unfold like this. I had thought about it often as a child and even as a teenager before my life took the path I chose for myself. Though this path was winding and bumpy, I wouldn’t have it any other way because it provided one thing that an ordinary life could never give me; adventure. Never once did I regret having this life and life style, the excitement of travelling the world and being a role model for young girls everywhere taught me that life was just a thing we lost. I didn’t worry about what happened after life but I made sure that I lived my life to the fullest. I managed to grasp the one thing that many people yearned for, cried for and lived for; love.

I found a love that could never be matched. A one that was endless and forgiving, that accepted me for everything I was and everything I wasn’t. Joseph Adam Jonas provided me with the most amazing and jubilant experience of life that any girl could wish for. I never felt like he wasn’t there. Sure, sometimes I felt alone... our busy schedules clashed and bumped, sometimes we’d be in completely different time zones but that helped us grow as a couple.

As what some may call a ‘celebrity icon couple’ we had a lot of pressures to stay together and happy. But with the joys of being together in the public eye came the down falls. From rumours of unfaithfulness, to sex before marriage and even pregnancy but we made it through them all and proved the press wrong; we were together forever.

The day we announced we were to wed the media blitz was on fire, Joe had proposed to me in the most simple but effective way. He proposed to me in the play ground that we spent our childhood in New Jersey, the ring was perfect, not a huge rock like some celebrities but a clean cut and sparkling. It was just the right size and perfect for me. But of course, it was my ring and I tried my best to keep my ring to myself. Whenever I would go out in public, I would turn the ring upside down and clench my fist so all they could see was the platinum band on my finger, for a week or so it was debated whether I was actually wearing an engagement ring or whether it was just an accessory. But, the secret was kept for a mere 3 weeks before a photographer for TMZ.com managed to snap a picture of me while on the set of a photo shoot through a tree, luckily for him he managed to snap a picture of my ring and the secret was out.

We had decided to get married in New Jersey, it was the place that we spent some of the best times of our lives and we loved it there so it only seemed right that we go back there to get married. It wasn’t much of a shock when we told our family that we were going to get married they weren’t surprised but excited. Our mom’s helped us with all the wedding plans and made it such a joy to plan it all. The day itself was a joyous day but was tinged with sadness, I was well aware that my dad wasn’t there to see me get married but I was reminded often that he was there, he was always there. I had Kevin and Nick walk me down the aisle, one on either side, and we had Paul marry us. The ceremony was a sweet wedding of 125 with lots of flowers and delicious food. My dress was a beautiful virgin white Vera Wang, of course, with a glorious sweet heart neckline and beautifully designed skirt.

Image

The day in itself made everything worthwhile. It was stress free and magical, to finally be married was something that we were both excited about. To be able to call each other husband and wife and to be able to share with the world our love was magnificent. Then there were also the benefits of Joe trading in his purity ring for a wedding ring, we could be together physically and finally have that full connection between us.

2 years into our marriage, when I was 26, I fell pregnant. The moment I found out was terrifying, Joe was on tour and I was staying in Los Angeles to do some work so he wasn’t there to be with me or there for me to tell.

I’d been throwing up endlessly and I was 2 weeks late, so I got Emma to buy me 3 pregnancy tests then bring it to me. She waited with me on the sofa as we stared at the pregnancy tests that were laid horizontally on the coffee table in front of us, all in a line. For once Emma didn’t have anything to say, she just held my hang tightly and stared just as much as I did. When the 3 minutes was up, I stayed seated telling Emma to look. She picked them up off the table and I looked at her desperately. Then she announced the fated words. ‘You’re with offspring.’

I headed straight to Idaho where they were to be playing a show that night and told Joe, initially he was shocked but excitement over took both of us and on the same day we went to the doctors to confirm it. Once we had done that, it was time to tell our family. They were just as excited as we were, but we all decided to keep it in the family for as long as possible. Only close family were to know, meaning no friends of the family or anything beyond aunts and uncles should know.

I’d never see Joe as energetic as he was that night on stage.

We managed to keep the secret until 16 weeks (4 months) into the pregnancy. But, it wasn’t that people found out themselves or that a ‘source’ leaked it, we decided that if anyone was going to tell our fans it was going to be us. So, I pulled up my shirt and showed a small bump on my stomach. Joe took a picture and we posted it onto my twitter page.

Image
Hey, guess what? My eggo is preggo.

To which Joe decided it would be funny to reply with...

JoeJonas OMG, YOU’RE PREGNANT?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST GETTING FAT.

Let me tell you something ladies, giving birth is the most painful, stressful, exciting, tiring experience anyone can ever have. You have to find strength you didn’t know you even had, you lose all dignity after around one hour and people seeing your peachy pocket will no longer be an issue. But, the reward you get after is the most spectacular thing ever. Never did I think that I could love anything so much. To be honest, I never fully understood the love my mom had for me until I had a child myself and I know that Joe would agree with me. From the minute he locked eyes on our beautiful baby girl, he was wrapped around her little finger forever.

Daisy Marie Jonas was born at 7lbs 3ounces. Finally, we were a family and nothing could have prepared me for it. But I wouldn’t change a single thing about my life.

Because my life was magical, beautiful and a life filled with joy and happiness... so I’ll leave you with a quote.

‘Love makes you do crazy things, insane things, things in a million years you wouldn’t see yourself doing, but there you are doing them. ’

So, keep doing those crazy things; they may lead to the most magical experiences ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, that's it.

I decided to end it because since they were back together it really wasn't going anywhere else, so I gave you this epilogue to kind of explain what happened in the future.

And for the final time, leave me a comment? :)