‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

Turn my insides out and smother me

72 missed calls
(38) Joe Jonas
(9) Emma Woods
(8) Mother
(6) Beyonce
(5) Miley Cyrus
(4) Danielle Deleasa
(3) Demi Lovato
(2) Kevin Jonas
(2) Nick Jonas

36 new text messages

19 new emails


Most of the text messages were people wanting to know what’s going on, a few were from Joe but I didn’t open them. The emails were pretty much the same too, but most were Joe; no one usually emails me. The amount of attempts at contact Joe had tried was staggering and slightly flattering, but it still made my heart sink to think that he was the one who brought my own world crashing down on top of me. He didn’t need to do it, he wasn’t the victim here- I was.

One email made my very curious though, it was from one of Joe’s friends called Dan who I only knew of through Joe. It was odd for him to be emailing me so I decided to open it, his was one of the emails I actually decided to open and read.

But once I had read it I regretted it.

The email brought on a lot of anger and another wave of tears. He had gone into exact details about who Joe at cheated on me with, where he did it and exactly what happened. He even had what they were saying to each other in speech marks in the email, he had gone into such detail that it was hard for me to deny him it. It seemed infallible that he could make something so impeccable detailed up, I mean why would he? He’s got not reason to lie to me as I’ve done nothing to him, he has to reason to keep Joe’s mistakes a secret either. So what if they’re friends? Maybe Dan just has more decency than Joe does and wants me to know that.

I didn’t know much, but I knew that I needed to find out the truth although I was pretty sure what Dan had told me was the truth. I’d had my suspicions in the past but never thought anything would actually become of them; I just thought it was the jealously I felt at the time taking over me but if this turns out to be true I was definitely on to something.

I’m good when it comes to finding things out about Joe. I know what he’s going to do before he even knows he’s going to do it.

I wanted to know the truth so I was going to the person who would have the answers, I didn’t care that I was angry or upset I just needed to know. So I grabbed my keys and headed back out to my car with my phone in my hand; it was occasionally flashing with new emails or texts from the boy himself.

While I drove, everything was rushing through my mind. I had no idea what I was going to say to her or how she would react but I figured that it’s better to face something that always wonder ‘what if’. Plus, we’re too close for me to just ignore this forever or even for a day. With everything I have going around in my mind I didn’t not need this on top of everything else. My mind was a war zone and I needed to at least find a shell hole because with this on my mind because I was in an open fire zone.

While I walked up towards her front door, keys shoved in my pocket, with my thoughts running wild. I was trying to think of what I was going to say to her and how to bring it up. I wasn’t just asking to borrow a top, this was a big deal and was not something to be taken lightly especially when it could ruin our friendship.

I rasped my knuckles on the door and swallowed, attempting to sooth my throat that felt like sand paper. She opened the door with her gleaming white smile and long wavy hair.

“Hey, this is a surprise.”

“Yeah, sorry about that Miles, can I come in? I need to talk to you about something.” She smiled sweetly at me and let me past.

I followed Miley outside to the loungers beside the pool, I sat down on the side of one facing her. “So, what’s up?”

“Okay,” I sighed, “I got an email from Joe’s friend Dan and he told me something and I need to know whether it’s true.” She looked at me, completely calm and serene. “Were you the girl Joe cheated on me with?”

Immediately she screeched out a high pitched, “What?!” Her eyes almost popped out of her head and her body stiffened, “No, of course not!”

“Really?” I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

She fake laughed, “Yes really!”

I narrowed my eyes at her, “Because, you guys have flirted before. Are you being honest with me?” I had to ask, my mind was a mess and every question I’d ever thought of was spilling off my lips.

“I just told you twice that I didn’t do it and you’re still asking me?” She questioned shocked at my actions.

I just looked at her. “Did you do it or not?”

She gasped, “I just told you no! Why don’t you believe me?” I shrugged, “I don’t even wanna talk to you right now.”

I stood up and glared at her, “Likewise.”

In my angry rage I stormed out of her house and to my car, as soon as the engine started I sped away from her house; tires screeching against the hot road. I made sure to focus on driving but still I was so angry, my knuckles were white from how hard I was gripping the steering wheel.

I was only asking her questions and she was acting like she was the victim in the whole of this thing! She completely over reacted, all she needed to do was explain to me calmly why it was she wouldn’t do it but instead she basically screamed in my face. I mean, they were simple questions! It’s not like I handed her a complicated mathematical equation and asked her to work it out for me.

I let out a frustrated scream and grabbed my phone, I placed my ear phones in and dialled in Emma’s number.

“Hello whore, nice to hear from you.” Okay, she almost made me smile with that one.

“Where are you?” I asked, indicating left in the direction I already knew she was in.

She chuckled, “Where am I always? I’m at Nick’s. Why?”

“Is Joe there?” I put my foot down on the gas some more.

“Yes, he never leaves.”

I groaned, “Can’t we meet up somewhere?”

Emma scoffed, “I’m with my man!”

I rolled my eyes as I faintly heard Nick shout from the distance, ‘Yeah she’s with her man, show some respect!’

“I’ll be right there.”

I ended the call and pulled my ear phones out of my ears. I drove the route to the Jonas home easily, it was like second nature. I knew basically every way of getting to that house and this way was especially quick and easy. Thankfully there wasn’t many cars or children about, so I went over the speed limit and got there as fast as I could.

Joe wasn’t even an issue at the moment. He was there? So what, I needed my best friends. Plus I had a couple of things I wanted to say to him too. My thoughts were clouded with anger and I was unable to think rationally, I knew that but I didn’t care. I was so frustrated I wanted to scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop, I'm on an updating roll in comparison to my previous one update every two weeks phase.

Thanks for commenting, please continue? :)

And here is your QOTC: What's your song of the moment?