‹ Prequel: It's Not A Love Song

Was I The Only One?

Go on and cry me a river

(Thanks to U Got Nothin On Me. for the banner!)
Image

I had to park on the curb, a sure sign signal I had lost my rights to a parking space at the Jonas home. Instead, Emma’s car sat there, smug and proud in the place of my own car right behind Nick’s. As much as I loved her, it kind of made me want to punch her in the face a couple of times… but I wouldn’t obviously.

I let myself into the home, from the cars in the driveway I knew that Nick, Emma, Joe and Kevin were definitely in, whether Denise, Paul or Frankie were was beyond me so I just took each step into the house slowly and took it especially slowly when heading to Nick’s room. In Joe’s room I could hear him plucking the strings of a guitar which made my heart warm; at least he was still playing music, he had something left inside of him that would never leave him even if I did.

Even though I knew it was a risk, I couldn’t help but stand outside of his door and listen for a while. I wanted to hear what was on his mind, to feel exactly what he was feeling and get a glance at what he wanted.

“Waiting for your call, I’m sick, call, I’m angry, call; I’m desperate for your voice. Listening to the song we used to sing in the car, do you remember? Butterfly, early summer, it’s playing on repeat just like when we would meet…” He sang softly over the plucking of his guitar strings.

I could faintly hear the scratching of his pen against the paper which moved about under his rough and impatient hand. Through the small gap between the door frame and his door I could see him sat in the middle of his floor, shirt off and pyjama bottoms on- the same pair I saw him in previously –I glared at his hunched figure. As much as I wanted to be repulsed by him I just couldn’t, it was against my every being.

I managed to tear myself away from watching him and cross the hall to Nick’s room where I could hear the TV blaring from inside; it sounded like Harry Potter which immediately made me groan. I swear, the amount of times Emma has forced us to watch these films we could act it out with no stutters at all.

I stepped into the room and quietly closed the door. The sight before me was heart breaking for me to see. Nick and Emma sat together on one of Nick’s bean bags, she had her head rested on his chest with her hand over his heart. Nick laid his own hand over hers and kept a grip around her waist. The two looked like a perfect movie scene, a beautiful couple destined to be with no worries or cares in the world; just each other.

Emma spotted me first, she moved away from Nick with a small smile which then signalled to him that I was here. She paused the movie and tossed the remote behind her onto Nick’s bed, I flipped the light switch on and folded my arms over my stomach.

“So, who’s made your pee boil then?” Emma questioned beckoning me over to her, I sat myself down cross legged on Nick’s bed and sighed.

I looked to Nick, “You know Dan right? Joe’s friend?”

Nick looked confused, “Yeah, why?”

“Well, I finally turned my phone on and he’d emailed me going into a very detailed account of when Joe cheated on me.” Their eyes both widened, I smirked, “Oh, hold those wide eyes. Guess who he says it was with?” Both looked completely captivated by my story. “Only Miley Cyrus.”

“Slut!” Emma exclaimed, she winced then turned to Nick. “Apologies.” Nick chuckled and kissed her cheek. “What the actual fuck?”

“So, I went over to her house and asked her… a couple of times and she basically screamed in my face like a psychopath then I walked out.” I told them calmly, funnily enough I’d managed to drain all my anger through speeding around the streets.

Nick let out a breath. “Well, I can tell you one thing. Miley has not and probably never will become anything other than a sister to Joe. There was no way she was the one he cheated on you with.”

Emma laughed and slapped his chest, “How come you’re so certain curly top?”

“I just am.” He shrugged.

Emma glared at him then turned to look at me, “Look here, I’ve never liked her too much so you can’t expect me to be reasonable. And that is the same reason you can’t listen to a word he say because he’s still sucking the farts out of her ass because he dated her for 2 years.”

I couldn’t hold in a laugh at that one, it came out of my mouth loud and proud. Nick just sat there, a small forced smile on his face; he knew better than to start and argument with her.

“But I still love you.” Emma whispered to him, suddenly the smile was no longer forced but genuine. His face relaxed and he placed a loving kiss on her awaiting, puckered lips.

I smiled on the outside but cringed on the inside, not something anyone wants to see when they’ve just broken up with someone they thought they were going to spend the rest of their life with.

“Whatever, I’m not going to apologise. Miley’s acting like I’ve hurt her, how selfish is that?” I spat out, huffing out a groan.

“I know!” Emma screeched.

But as always, Nick had to talk some sense and ruin everything. “How would you feel if Emma barged over your house and proclaimed that she hated you for making out with me? It’s the same principle.”

Okay, so I would be hurt, but I’m not going to admit that to him.

Instead, I decided to change the subject completely. “Want to do something tomorrow?”

The two of them looked at me like I’d just killed a kitten. “Urm, it’s my first performance with the Administration on the Grammy Nominations concert. You agreed to go a month ago?”

Shit.

“Ringing any bells?” Emma giggled.

I glanced at the door where I knew he was just a couple of feet behind. “Is he going?”

Nick laughed and rolled his eyes, “No, my brothers aren’t coming to support me at all.”

“Sarcasm, huh? Funny.” I joked with a dagger glare. “Okay, whatever. I’ll be there.”

Nick got up from the bean bag and wrapped me up in a hug, “Thanks, I really appreciate it. I know it’s hard for you.”

A smiled tugged at the corner of my lips. “I wouldn’t miss it for Edward Cullen.”

Emma gasp and tore Nick away from me, she stood a defensive stance and glared at me. “POTTER FOR LIFE!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments! You guys make me smile lots.

IMPORTANT STUFF:

In the next chapter, Emma and Julia both have outfits and it goes straight into it so I figured I'd put the links here so you have an idea what they're going to be wearing for the whole of the next chapter!

Julia's outfit for the next chapter

Emma's outfit for the next chapter


And as always, keep those lovely comments coming! Updates will come much much faster.

P.S For the UK-ers: HELLZ YEAH. JOE MCELDERRY WON X FACTOR. GAN ON. He's from my area! :D

QOTC: What's your favourite instrument to listen to?