Sequel: I Can Keep A Secret
Status: Done :)

Carry On Home, I'll Be Waiting Miles & Miles Away

Chicago

College was going great. I had made lots of friends, the classes weren't as bad as I expected and most of all Alex was doing everything right, he called when he said he was going to, told me all about tour and how Raine and Jack were fighting like a married couple. I laughed, envious of their drive around the country and late night parties, but then again I was in college and there were parties all night, every night. Recently I was excited because their tour had ended and Alex was coming to visit me. We were meeting at a restaurant across the street from Alex's hotel. I jumped in camp excitedly, the cab driver noted my demeanor.

"Big date tonight?" He asked looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, my boyfriend is visiting me from Maryland," I gushed, I was so excited to finally see him after the entire two months we'd been apart.

"Ah young love, never ceases to amaze me," He chuckled he had a hearty voice bellowing from under his white beard. His words had a strong Chicago accent, he adjusted his Cubs baseball hat before clearing the fare.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't catch how much it cost," I said trying to be polite, I was determined to get out quickly on account I was already running late.

"Free ride, couldn't possibly charge such a pretty girl on a big night like this." I smiled and handed him a five dollar bill.

"Thank you so much!" I said running out of the cab to the small coffee shop, I looked in the window and saw Alex sitting in the corner. I adjusted my low cut shirt to and my push up bra, I attempted to look like those Victoria's Secret models, but failed. I checked my appearance quickly before opening the door and making my way to his table. He stood up and smiled, sadness lingered in his brown eyes. I laughed, his hair now had blond streaks like Jack.

"Hey, finally crumble to peer pressure?" I joked fluffing his hair lightly. He smiled and hugged me. I thought it was funny, but Alex didn't laugh.

"Hey, can I get you something?" He said leaning to the direction of the coffee bar.

"No, no it's fine," I said sitting down, he made his way across of me, but didn't look me in the eyes.

"You look gorgeous, really happy," he smiled finally bringing his face up. Something was wrong. Something I couldn't see. I moved my brown bag on my lap and smiled up at him.

"I am," I said, growing nervous from his strange behavior.

"I need to tell you something," He struggled to form words choking on the beginnings of tears. Now I was growing alarmed, I put my hand on top of his that were holding them up.

"You can tell me anything," I said smiling, I rubbed my thumb against the back of his hand. I grabbed my hands, took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.

"I cheated on you," He rushed out. I grabbed my hand back and stood up. I didn't want to see his face as I walked away. "Leia! Leia!" He chased after me trying to grab my hand. I snatched it back every time, until he held on and turned me around.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled hot tears flooding down my face. I couldn't comprehend the city lights swirling around me, my eyes were blurred all I could see was the outline of his face.

"Leia, I'm sorry it was a mistake! It only happened once and I'm so sorry!" He tried to pull me into him. I let him and sobbed against his shoulder. He rubbed my back and I detested his touch. I wanted to melt away, I wanted to burn this emotions that had seemed to kill me every time. "I love you," he whispered into my ear, his arms fell loose and I ripped away from him.

"No, if this is love, I quit! I'm done with this Alex!" I sobbed, a searing pain over my heart, all the happiness we'd experienced since the beginning of the summer was torn down and ruined by him.

"Please, Leia, give me another chance! You said everyone deserves a second chance!" Alex called out after me, as I turned to walk away. I laughed, I finally understood.

"Alexander Gaskarth, you are the most selfish human being I've ever met in my entire life," I spat, the tears ceased and I felt my heart freeze over. "Everyone deserves a second chance, some people deserve a third chance, but you're not one of those people." I said walking away.

I paced quickly and lowered my face to hide my tears. Alex didn't chase after me. He stared at me, I felt his eyes watching my body fade into the night, I don't know if he cried, but I hoped he did. I finally learned my lesson, it had finally gotten through my head and Alex Gaskarth, or anyone else, would never break my heart ever again. I was broken.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leia