I Can See The Fire In Your Eyes.

Before You Run Away With Me.

Meet me behind school at 3:30. - Brian

I wadded up the scrap of paper, tossed it in the trash can, and went back to arranging the books in my locker.

"Hey baby." Andy said whispered as he wrapped his abnormally large arms around my middle. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Hey." I replied, my voice never showed a hint of emotion. He's not the one that should be calling me baby.

I put the last book in my locker, followed by my backpack and slammed it shut.

"Whats wrong?" He asked, his voice put on a tone that was the epitomy of fake.

"Nothing." I'm a liar.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He just wants to be seen.

"No mom is waiting in the parking lot out back, she's gonna run me to the doctors office." If I even mentioned that someone was picking me up his heart would break in two and I'd myself getting yelled at. He doesn't own me.

"Well, a bunch of us are going up to the lake tonight. There's gonna be a big bonfire."

"Where? Michelle's pants?"

He rolled his eyes and sighed angrily, "You know you're the only one for me, baby."

He thinks he's a smooth talker, he just looks like an idiot.

"Okay, whatever."

"You're a bitch, Ivy. I'll see you Friday." Andy said then walked away.

I kicked the locker hard enough to cause and echo down the empty hallway.

"Fuck!" I yelled then sighed.

Andy was gone for a seemingly short amount of time and the fear of saying the words that would trigger his fist was removed and I could breathe again.

I ran down the hall way, and out the back doors. Brian stood there waiting for me, his hat slightly twisted to the side, bandanna fixed neatly underneath. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his middle.

"Nice to see you too." He said as he laughed exhaling smoke as he did so. He bent down and kissed me me. He held the cigarette away from us, so he wouldn't burn me.

I smiled then backed away from him and leaned against the car. He finished his cigarette and stomped the butt into the ground with his boots.

He leaned next to me, he gave me a quick glance. His forehead wrinkled with thought and his eyebrows furrowed, "What's your plans for this weekend?"

"Andy's leaving for a couple of days. Me and Matt were talking about getting drunk."

"I wanna get drunk." He whined.

"Well...come over."

"How about I stay all weekend?" he asked, his eyes pleading with me. I smiled.

"Of course!"

"Let's go!" he said excitedly. Then got in the drivers side of the car. I got in the passengers side first thing I did was turn the radio on.

---

"I swear if you ever drive like that again I'm not ever getting in a car with you." I said as I slammed the car door.

"Aw Ivy. You know better than that." he said as he closed his own door and followed me into the house. He was so close I felt his chest against my back.

"What?" he asked clueless.

I rolled my eyes and continued to my bedroom. I sat down on the couch that sat in front of my huge window, I opened the window and climbed out onto the roof. I looked back at Brian, he gave me a look that screamed no way. I motioned for him to follow me. I made sure my footing was right, then made the short leap from my roof to Matt's. I let out a sigh of relief as I steadied my self on the side of the house.

Brian still stood on the roof of my house, "Come on pansy." He looked at me and raised his eyebrows, then made the jump gracefully. We sneaked along the back of Matt's house trying not to be seen by nosy neighbors. I opened the window that would let us into the hallway.

"Matt!" I screamed as I walked down the hallway.

"What?!?" he asked then stumbled out of his room half naked followed by a tall skinny blond wrapped in a sheet.

"Shit" I said then turned around and buried my face in Brian's chest.

"Ew be decent!" Brian said. Matt and his whore went back into his room, I'm hoping to get dressed, Brian and I went down stairs and into the kitchen. Brian made himself a sandwich and I took the first drink of a beer.

"Already?" Brian asked his mouth full of ham, lettuce, tomato and cheese sandwich. I grinned goofily at him, he smiled wider.

"Yeah. I've had a bad day." I said then took another drink of the beer. Though it tasted like shit, I had extreme faith that having my cares removed by drunkenness would be worth drinking the shit tasting drink.

We went into the living room and sat on the couch. Brian wrapped the arm that wasn't holding his food around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I leaned against his side and drank my beer.

"Sorry guys." Matt said as he came down stairs fully dressed, that girl behind him. I didn't recognize her, she didn't go to our school. She left without saying goodbye or anything, she slammed the door and an awkward silence followed.

I laughed, "What did you do to her?"

"I got laid, then you guys came and I told her that I was gonna go hang out with you guys, she asked if she could and naturally I said no...she laughs weird."

"Oh my god Matt! You cant do that shit!"

"I wanna know why I cant? I told her I was just using her for sex and she didn't care" he said as he sat in the recliner.

"If that were me Id kick your ass." I said then took the last drink of my beer.

"Well it wont be you cause if we were the last people on earth I wouldn't fuck you." he said meanly.

"Fucker" I muttered under my breath. Matt's eyes got wide.

"Bitch" he spat at me.

"Bastard" I replied to his comment. Its war now.

"Bitch"

"Asshole"

"Bitch"

"Mother fucker"

"Bitch"

"Drunk"

"Drunken bitch"

I threw my empty bottle at him, it shattered on the wall behind him. He wiped the shards of glass off of him then stood up, I stood up too. He towered over me.

"Ugly" I said to him. He stepped closer to me.

"Prep" he said to me. I stepped closer to him. By now we were almost right against each other. I put my hand on his shoulder and kneed him in the balls, he dropped to the floor holding himself.

Brian laughed, "Hey. You got what you deserve". Matt crawled back into the recliner.

Why we're considered best friends I wouldn't know. We constantly fight. He gives me titty twisters[that really happened to me at school once], and I kick him in the balls. I slap him at least once a day.

"Matt did your parents talk to you about going on vacation with our family? Cause mommy was asking me if I wanted to go"

"Yeah they said something about it. Why?"

"Cause they usually talk about it and when they're final they tell us. Fuck yeah! We're going on vacation"

"Why are you so excited? We're just going out to the lake house"

"No Andy! I'm gonna celebrate" I went into the kitchen and got another beer.