I Can See The Fire In Your Eyes.

Prototype

Matt threw my suitcase into the back of the station wagon as I said goodbye to Brian. Our parents drove up there last night, leaving me, Matt, Jimmy and Zacky to have a wild party. Big fun!

"So Matt's gonna drive up in a couple of days and pick you and Zacky up. Okay?" I said as I brushed a few stray hairs out of his face. He sighed then nodded.

Matt slammed the door loudly, causing me to jump. He laughed evilly, "Yo! Ivy, get your hands off pork chop and let's go 'fore Jimmy kills Johnny!" He yelled.

I flashed Brian a slight smile, then leaned into kiss him. As the kiss progressed Brian's hands became attached to my lower back. Hoots and Hollers erupted from the station wagon filled with immature boys. I pulled away from Brian and laughed.

I flipped them off. Johnny stuck his head out the window and went to yell something but was quickly pulled back inside by Jimmy. I laughed.

"I'll see you in a few days." Brian said, almost like he was sad.

"Be careful. I love you." I said before hugging him.

"I love you too baby." He said. I inhaled his scent once more then left him. I climbed into the backseat, squeezed in between Johnny and Jimmy. Oh what a lovely three hour trip this is going to be.

"Hey Matty-Boy? Why don't you let me sit up front instead of Bela?" I pleaded.

"Hum. You and Bela would get along just fine. I mean you have so much in common." Matt said as he backed the car out of the driveway. I climbed over Jimmy and waved goodbye to Brian, until I couldn't see him any longer.

I reached up and smacked Matt in the side of the head.

"Ow!! What's that for!!!" He yelled as he took one hand off of the steering wheel to rub his head.

"For calling me a bitch!"

"You are a bitch!" He yelled once more.

Matt and I fought the way home as Johnny and Jimmy traded punches all the way there.

"You fucker! I'm gonna have some goddamn bruises!" Johnny yelled as he opened the door, we were crammed so tight when Johnny opened the door he fell out. I laughed then crawled out.

"Nice way to stick your ass in my face Ivy." Jimmy said. I paused before jumping out just to shake my ass. Jimmy raised his foot and kicked me. I fell flat on my face.

If you were at all thinking Matt's station wagon was halfway decent you were wrong. Matt's suburban was a disgusting shade of green, more commonly referred to as shit green, there were rust holes all around it. Most of the windows were cracked, most of them (that I can recall), were either put there cause of Matt and I fighting or Jimmy and Johnny. Various band stickers adorned the back door and there was a half attached luggage rack on the top that was mostly used for bringing beer home. The back door on the right side wouldn't open and the hood had to be pried open. The glove box door was missing and so was the rear view mirror.

But we loved the "turd" and I'd probably cry if something happened to it.

I carried my luggage up the flight of stairs and into the lake house. Mom was sitting on the love seat with Linda, Matt's mom.

"Hey baby! How was your trip!" Mommy asked as she took another sip of her martini. I smiled at her then struggled to carry my bags up stairs.

"Hey! Ivy! You mind if I bunk with you tonight?" Johnny asked as he followed me up the stairs.

"No. Get the top bunk." I said as I pushed my door open with my elbow.