*** in the Dark

Halloween was suppose to be all fun and games... what happened?

“Help! Help!” Aisling screamed, even though she knew it was pointless. No one could hear her now, not even Rickie, unconscious next to her. She was losing blood faster than Aisling thought possible and there was nothing she could do to stop it, with her hands tied behind her back and her feet tied together it was all she could do to stop crying. Why was this happening? Topaz said it was going to be okay, they said it was just a story. As the reality began to sink in, Aisling heard a whimper coming from beside her. Rickie was starting to wake up.

“Rickie? Rickie!” she whispered.

“Aisling? What’s going on?” Rickie still hadn’t opened her eyes fully.

“I don’t know,” Aisling whispered back.

There was a bang as someone pushed open the one door in the room. Aisling could see the darkness outside the room, trying to swallow up the little light there was.

“I’ve been waiting for someone else to come along,” a sinister voice came through the darkness.

Aisling gasped as a man in rags came striding through the door. He was wearing torn jeans and a too tight jumper. She didn’t know much about ages but she could tell that he was older than Justin and younger than her dad.

“You’re exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’ve gotten tired of this darkness. Ten years of this and some people can go a little loopy,” the man said.

Aisling was stuck for words and by what she could see, so was Rickie.

“Good, I can see I won’t have any trouble from you two. The other one wouldn’t go without a fight, but luckily, I got the better of him.”

Aisling felt her stomach do a back flip as she realised ‘the other one’ was Orlando. She didn’t know much about him, but from the way Justin spoke about him, she could tell he was a really nice guy.

“I didn’t expect to get two victims in the one power out,” he continued, “but I guess it’s really only one and a half.”

Aisling shivered. She felt like throwing up, if she had one more scare, she really would pee her pants.

“Not very talkative are we?” the man asked and when no one answered he chuckled. “Well we better get started, or your friends might start thinking about a way out.”

Aisling saw a glint of silver come from behind the man’s back before he pulled out a knife. She really wished he was playing the knife-spoon joke, that joke seemed really funny right now.

Taking the knife in his right hand, he walked over to Rickie. Aisling could feel her heart pounding a mile a minute.

The man grabbed Rickie by the hair and cut her bonds. Aisling heard her whimper and really wished they had never come to the movies.

“This’ll be fun,” the man snickered.

Aisling could feel her anger and fear rising. Her happiness from the start of the night had completely vanished.

The man was moving the knife closer and closer to Rickie, Aisling had to look away, she heard the knife meet flesh and slice through. She tried not to think about what was happening, but she couldn’t help but look.

She looked over to her brother’s friend. No longer moving, no longer breathing, blood pouring through the open wound in her neck. The man had sliced all the way around her throat and Rickie was no more.

Gasping for air, Aisling could smell the blood, taste it on her lips, it was pouring onto the floor. The tears battling to overflow finally did and her vision became blurred.

She heard a bang and saw the outline of a person leaving the room. The man was whispering profanity as he swung the door closed. Aisling’s worse nightmare was coming to pass.