Status: 4/25/10: starting a new chapter of this as soon as I finish Ch. 6 for BHLHiT.

I Will Remember You

Image
"Your parents are dead, Raya." Not the words anyone would want to hear after waking up in a strange place, alone and confused. But that's what 17 year old Raya Markov had to hear for the second time in her life.
Image
Two years ago, Raya lost her parents, was taken from her hometown, Chicago, Illinois, and was shipped off to live with her mother's sister and her family in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After scoring a job at Mellon Arena as an usher, she struck up an unlikely friendship with two fans and her life would soon change forever.
Image
A year later, things were finally looking up for young Raya. She was in love with the perfect guy, college and freedom were looming nearer, and her parents' absence in her life was getting easier by the day. That is, until another unfortunate disaster hits Raya. Literally.
Image
Her memory of the past two years erased, Raya is forced to start all over. Her accident brings some extrordinary (and at times, annoying) new people into her life who help her to heal and accept the horrible truth.
Image
Then there's Evgeni Malkin. Excrusiatingly unbearable yet undeniably attractive in every way. He's nothing like the perfect man Raya imagined; he's the exact opposite. He questions everything she says and pushes her over the edge most days, but as time drags on, Raya notices a change in herself and finds herself doing the unthinkable; falling in love.

Set in 2009, I Will Remember Youtells Raya Markov's journey to get her memory back but more importantly, her journey to find herself.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Jordan Staal, Max Talbot, Kris Letang, Tyler Kennedy, Marc-Andre Fleury, or any of those other yummy Penguins players. I really wish I did, though. I do own Raya and her entire family as well as the plot. Don't steal, or I will hunt you down and sick my attack dog on you. Just kidding, but I do have a horrible temper.
  1. I Need a Miracle
    He could tell from just one word that I needed him and he came, like a knight in shining armor, to rescue me.
  2. What the... Puck?
    This was some kind of reality TV show or something, right?
  3. Welcome to the Family
  4. Just Leave Me Alone!
    That was the thing about losing someone, you never really gave up hope that they’d just show up and be like “Surprise! I was here all along!”
  5. Like a Date?
    “If you value your life, you will give me back my shoes right now."
  6. A Box of Memories (Part One)