Bad Plan

1/1

He still didn’t look at her, he just kept on staring at me, and I could tell that she was about to snap. He was treated her as if she didn’t exist and she just couldn’t stand it anymore.

My name is Jackie Smith and I had fallen in love. I had fallen in love with Patrick Jones. Ironically he was the most popular boy in school. All the other girls thought he was hot, but while it was a perk that’s not why I like Him. I like Him because I see how nice he is and can be. I see a young man who cares about the environment and who cares about his grades. He was well rounded and adorable. All around he’s the golden guy. So naturally I hid how much I really liked Patrick and just ignored him. I figured that he had Ms. Barbie-Blond and he seemed happy and content, so I let it be. That was until I caught the current girlfriend (Alisha White) cheating on Patrick.
“WHAT THE HECK?!” I scratched at the cheating pair. The boy I had caught her with was named Grant Smith. Grant turned around rather quickly. “YOU TWO ARE THE MOST DISGUSTING PAIR OF LOW-LIFES I HAVE EVER SEEN!” Alisha started crying.
“Please, don’t tell Patrick! This is a one time thing,” she begged. Grant scoffed.
“If by one time thing you every other day after school.” I turned my furious eyes on Alisha.
“Now why shouldn’t I tell Patrick?”
“Because it will break his heart and he won’t believe you.” She had me there. I didn’t want to hurt him. But then my evil light bulb went off. It would still hurt him but at least he’ll know the truth. I sighed. Alisha grinned in victory and walked off. I turned on Grant.
“Grant, don’t you want everyone to know that your secretly dating Alisha?”
“Kind of, I guess.” I smirked my evil smirk.
“Good, because I have a plan to let every one know, but I need your help.”
“What do I have to do?” he asked in a resigned sort of way.
“Tell me when you and Alisha meet up again and then make sure you two switch, um, positions.” He nodded. “Ok, no repeat after me. This is going to happen privately. We will not broadcast all the details to any one else.” Grant repeated and I nodded in satisfaction. “See you next, uh, time.”
&&&

It’s they day of the plan. I’m not proud of what we’re going to do, but it’s for the best. This way Patrick will know what’s happening, and not everyone will find out.
“Jackie, why are you doing this? I mean he’ll find out sooner or later.” That’s my best friend Raven. She thinks that I’m being insensitive doing the plan.
“Yes, and no one should go through a fake relationship.”
&&&

Ugh! This is disgusting to watch. I’ve video taped for about5 seconds and it’s just plain eww! I set up my tripod and got out a book, so I didn’t have to see it. After a long while I heard Grant cough. That was my signal to leave. I did so with impressive speed if I do say so my self. I hurried out of the room and I heard Alisha ask if Grant heard anything.
“Must be your ears babe.” She sighed and relaxed into him.
&&&

I was debating with my self if I should really slip the tape into Patrick’s backpack. Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes. I slipped it in, and it was hard because I felt really guilty about it. Terrible in fact. I saw Patrick walk back over to his backpack and looked at the new shiny tape and panic filled me. What if he thought it was all staged (which it kind of was) or he tracked it back to me (possible folks!)? I started hyperventilating.
“Jackie, breath! What’s wrong?” Raven asked, concern coloring her voice.
“No. What if my plan goes totally wrong? I can’t breathe!” I saw Patrick examine the tape curious.
“Nope, he knows! I have to go!” On my attempt to leave Raven grabbed me around the waist.
“You’re not leaving because you should stay here and you will wait it out.”
“Why?”
“Because it will be good for you!”
“Not fair! I’m leaving!” I succeed this time in leaving.
&&&

The next day I came into school and saw Alisha all puffy and Patrick looking sad and depressed.
“Patrick! Please I’ll be better! Please!” Alisha sobbed.
“Alisha. I know what you were doing behind my back. We’re over.” I walked away feeling terrible for what I done. I walked extra slow for the rest of the day, my feeling of guilt weighing me down. I think my plan was wrong. Maybe the ignorant man is happier.
“Jackie!” I spun around. It was Patrick. My heart rate immediately sped up as my nerves went into overdrive.
“Yeah?” I waited as Patrick caught up to me.
“Listen, I know who made the video.”
“What video?” my voice was unnaturally high-pitched.
“You know what video. Listen, I’m not mad.”
“Your not?” I visibly relaxed.
“No, I thought it was handled rather well, or as well as it could be handled.” Ok. Well that went better then I thought it would. I nodded my thanks and went to my class. All day he stared at me while Alisha tried to get his attention again and again. He still didn’t look at her, he just kept on staring at me, and I could tell that she was about to snap. He was treated her as if she didn’t exist and she just couldn’t stand it anymore.
“PATRICK! Could you please LOOK AT ME!” Everyone turned in their seat to look at Patrick and Alisha. Patrick looked at Alisha and started talking.
“Alisha, we are over. Get over it. I’ve moved on and I suggest you do the same.”
“Oh, so you like Jackie now,” said my name like it was a filthy word on her tongue.
“Yes, I do, but that doesn’t involve you anymore.” My heart stopped. A dead stop. I’m pretty sure that my breathing stopped too. Alisha stormed from the room.
“So, do you want to grab dinner tomorrow night?” Patrick asked.
“Yes.” I spoke with absolutely certainty. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I gave it my best shot. It's not my best but I had a dead line....