Status: Comments and subscribers mean updatess (:

I'd Come For You

Blast From The Past

Image

Kaori was with best friend when she saw the red-head that everyone hated. “Suki,” she whispered.

“Yes?”

“I have a question…and it may sound stupid…but why does everyone hate the red-head over there?”

Suki looked disgusted as she looked at him. “Because, he’s a freak.”

Kaori looked away, her heart shattering. If people knew that I could tell the future…I’d be a freak, too. “Why?”

“He can control sand, duh.”

“And why does that make him such a freak,” she snapped, eyes narrowed.

“What’s your problem?”

“Nothing.”

“I swear, Kaori, you’re bipolar.”

“I am not!” she said a little too loudly.

“My point exactly,” she said casually.

“Shut up, Suki!”

The red-head looked over at them.

“You are so bipolar, Kaori.”

“Suki…”

“Oh, great, now the little freak is looking at us. See what you did?!”

The red-head looked away, ashamed.

“Suki!”

“What?!”

“You hurt his feelings!”

“He doesn’t have any, Kaori. Why can’t you just accept that?”

“Everyone has feelings, Suki, even you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

Kaori ignored her and went to walk over to the red-head, but Suki grabbed her arm and hissed, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Kaori smiled. “I’m going to say hi.”

“No, you aren’t!”

“Suki, stop being so overprotective of me!” she snapped, pulling away from her. She felt Suki’s angry gaze on her back as she walked over to the red-head.

“Hi! I’m Kaori, what’s your name?” she asked with a confidant smile on her face.

He looked at her, startled. “G-Gaara.”

“Gaara.” She looked thoughtful for a moment. “I like that name. Want to be my friend?”

“No one’s ever asked me that before.”

“Why not? Everyone deserves friends.”

“Apparently not me since no one’s ever asked me before.”

“Well I just did!” she said, hugging him.

He was hesitant before he hugged her back.

Suki grabbed Kaori’s arm and wrenched her out of Gaara’s grasp. “What are you doing, you little freak? Hugging my friend!”

“Gaara is my friend, too, Suki!” She wrenched herself out of Suki’s grasp.

“A person can only have one friend, Kaori. So who’s it going to be? Me or him?”
Kaori looked at Suki and then at Gaara.


“It’s okay,” whispered Gaara. “I don’t need friends.”

“Everyone needs friends!” said Kaori, hugging Gaara again.

“You’re choosing him over me?”

“Yes, Suki, I am.”

“You’re such a traitorous bitch!”

Kaori gasped. “Well…you’re just a bitch!”

Suki huffed and walked away, practically steaming with anger.

“You didn’t have to do that,” whispered Gaara.

“Yes, I did! Besides, I didn’t like her anyway.”

“Then why was she your friend?”

Kaori looked down. “Because my mom and dad are her parents friends. Oh, no…they’re going to be mad at me.”

“Well, you could always change your mind.”

“No! You’re my friend now and that’s not going to change!”

Gaara’s eyes widened. “O-Okay. Thanks.”

“Freak,” someone muttered while walking past him.

Kaori threw a kunai straight into their leg.

The boy stared at Kaori with wide eyes.

“He isn’t a freak, he’s my friend!” she yelled, fury written all over her face.

“Then that makes you a freak, too!”

Kaori looked thoughtful for a moment, then her gaze changed. It was icy, cold. She stared into the guys’ eyes and his widened and he started screaming and holding his head as if he were in pain.

He ran off screaming.

“Thanks…again. What did you do to him?” he whispered.

“I showed him his death.”

“How?”

Kaori’s face saddened and she looked at Gaara. “I…well…I can see the future when I want to…”

“Can you see yours?”

“No. That’s what scares me the most! I don’t know what’s going to happen,” she whispered. “I can’t see the futures of the people I care about most, either…Gaara…I’m scared.”

“Why?”

“I can’t see yours…”

Gaara’s eyes widened. “No way…”

She wrapped her arms around herself as tears fell down her cheeks. “I don’t like being called a freak. I never have. That’s why I’ve never told anyone…but it’s like everyone knows without me even saying anything.”

“But how would they know if…if you don’t say anything about it?”

“Because I make them see things…things that they aren’t supposed to see.”

“Like what?”

“Like…their death, or something…someone important to them dying. Missing, and even…hating them.”

“We…can be freaks together.”

Kaori stared at him through her tears. “You don’t like being called a freak, either, but…you still try to make friends.”

“No, I don’t.”

“I’ve seen you, Gaara. I’ve seen you apologize to people that you’ve accidentally scared…”

He looked away.

“I-I watched you for a while now. I’ve been fascinated by you, but also pressured by everyone else to not go to you because they always hated you. But now I know that…even with the demon inside of you, you’re a nice person. And without friends, or a friend, someone will become a mindless monster. I know you don’t want to be that way, Gaara.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because…I can feel your sadness.”

“You can feel emotions, too?”

“Yes, unfortunately, I can.”

“Oh.”

“Yes, I am a freak…”

“No, you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.”

“Well, then you’re my freak.”

Kaori looked into his seven year old face and then his eyes. They were filled with a deep sadness that only she could completely see. “Your emotions…they’re deep.”

His eyes widened a little.

“Hey, I have a good nickname for you! Aku.”

“Aku?”

“Yeah, it means moon.”

“Well, then I will call you Tien.”

She cocked her head to the side. “Tien?”

“Angel.”

She blushed a deep red. “Why angel?”

“Because you came from heaven, just to be my only friend. You saved me from being lost, and for that, I thank you.”

Kaori smiled at the memory and then went onto another one.

Gaara was sitting next to Kaori while he watched her sleep. Suddenly she stirred and looked up at him.

“Your parents are probably worried,” he whispered.

“I don’t care as long as I’m with you.”

Gaara smiled and held her as she yawned.

“Gaara,” she whispered, “why can’t you sleep?”

“Because, if I do, Shakuku, the demon in me, will come out.”

“But don’t you ever get tired?”

“Sometimes.”

“Then you should sleep.”

“I don’t want to let Shakuku out.”

“Why?”

“If I do, he’ll kill everyone, and I don’t want to kill someone like you.”

“Like me?”

“Awesome,” he said, kissing her forehead.

And now the last memory…

“How could you, Gaara?!”

“I didn’t mean it, I swear!”

Tears were in her eyes. “You were the only one I could trust!”

“What?”

“This is over! My life is over! Goodbye Gaara!” She disappeared.

“Kaori!”

“And now he hates me too…” She thought for a moment. “Oh, the first time he saved me…”

“Freak! Freak!”

“You’re a freak!”

“Stop it! Leave me alone,” Kaori cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Leave her alone!” yelled Gaara, standing protectively in front of her.

“What are you going to do about it, freak?”

Gaara glared and the cork on his gourd came off, releasing the sand.

They all ran in the other direction screaming. “Thank you, Gaara,” she whispered.

Kaori sighed happily.

“What are you doing here?!”

Suki. Kaori shrugged, paying no attention.

“Where’s your little bodyguard?!”

They went to punch each other but caught each others’ fists.

“What bodyguard?” she snarled.

“That little read-headed freak!”

“You take that back!”

“No.”

“Take it back!” she screamed, whipping Suki into a tree. She allowed her jutsu to wear off in order to show the real Kaori.

She had black hair with red tips and blonde highlights. Her eyes were a grey-blue. Instead of human ears, she had fox ears that were pure white. Her nails were black and shaped into claws with a sharp point at the end. A necklace with a black stone in the middle was around her neck and she was wearing all black.

“What the…”

“Suki, you’re lucky. You get to see my true form! My true self!”

“You and Naruto were brother and sister. Are, I should say. You were separated at birth because your real parents died before you were two,” said her real mothers’ voice in her head.

“I won’t kill you this time.” She disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bet you weren't expecting that, huh? (:

Comments?