Status: One-shot

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"

Kiss Her Kiss Her

I sat at the booth of Starbucks waiting on Patrick, my best friend. He called and told me he something important to tell me but he's running late. About thirty minutes late. I sighed as I stood up getting ready to leave when the bell on the door dinged. I looked up and saw Patrick standing there. He looked over and waved. I sat back down and watched him go over to the counter and order him a cup of coffee or whatever he drinks. He switches drinks alot so I haven't had a clue what he got. I sipped on my hot chocolate and watched him walk over here. To say I didn't have a little crush on Mr. Patrick Stump would be a lie. I have and I probably will always have one.

"Hello." He said smiling as he sat across from me.

"Hey." I said playing with my keychain.

"How are you?" He asked looking up from his cup.

"I'm good. School is crazy though. Yourself?" I asked.

"Good Good. I'm great. I've just been real busy and stuff." He said. I heard someone drop a cup so I looked up. I noticed a guy with longish brown hair.

"Hey Patrick. Do you know who that is?" I asked nodding my head in that direction. Patrick just shook his head no and looked down. That was strange.

"What's wrong, Tricks?" I asked putting my hand on his hand. I pulled my hand away once I felt his hand were cold like ice cold.

"Are you sick? Your hands a freezing." I asked.

"No. No. I'm fine." He said looking over his shoulder at the guy.

"Patrick, if you would like to invite him over it's fine. I don't mind." I said.

"No. It's just...I can't tell you here. It's got to be secret." He said grabbing my hand and making our way out of the building and down the road. I felt like someone is following us. I looked behind us but no one was there. Patrick gripped my hand tighter and I looked back at him.

"What is going on?" I asked once we arrived at an abandoned building. We walked in there and I saw Pete, Joe, and Andy.

"What is going on?" I asked again. Pete grabbed my hand and made me set at the table then everybody else gathered around.

"Jess, you have to stay here to be safe now." Pete said. I looked up at them like they were all crazy.

"Just stay here. You'll be safe." Patrick said holding my hand again. He's hands were cold.

"Just tell me what's going on?" I asked. Pete looked around and I saw Joe nod.

"Jess, we're vampire's." Pete said. I let a laugh.

"Yeah, right. Vampire's aren't real." I said. I looked around and they had serious faces on. I knew this was serious.

"Oh shit. You guys are for real?" I asked. They nodded.

"But what about my family? My cat? What about Jonathan?" I asked. I heard a growl and then Pete hit Patrick in the stomach.

"The other vampire's are after them. For some odd reason they are after you. Maybe it's because we're close friends." Pete said.

"Jonathan is good friends with you guys. Why isn't he here?" I asked.

"Because Jonathan is dead. Just like us but only he's a bad vampire." Patrick said hitting his hand on the table as he stood up.

"Patrick. Sit." Pete said. Patrick sat down.

"Don't be confused, Jess." Joe said. I looked up at him.

"How'd you know I was confused?" I asked.

"I can read people minds" He said then smiled.

"For how long?" I asked.

"Since '06." He said.

"Yeah, shit is right, Ms. Jessi." He said then laughed. The others gave us a weird look.

"Don't worry about it." Joe said looking around at the others.

"So, Jonathan. He's a bad vampire? For how long?" I asked. I looked at Patrick and saw him roll his eyes.

" About a year now." Pete said.

"So that guy in Starbucks, was he bad?" I asked. Patrick nodded.

"Does he know where we're at?" I asked. They nodded.

"Why are we still here?" I asked. They shrugged.

"Forget it. This is some sick joke. I'm outta here." I said standing up and walked towards the door but was soon stopped when Pete jumped infront of me.

"Don't." He said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not scared of you." I said pushing him out of the way. Walked out of the door. I walked out into the street and saw a lot of people hanging around. They all stopped and stared at me as I walked down the street. I was grabbed by the arm and pressed against the building wall. I felt breathing on my neck.

"Get the fuck off." I said shoving him away. I heard him growl and then felt something sharp pierce my neck. I screamed out.

"JESSI." I heard Patrick yell. The person let go of me and ran off. It felt like my heart had stop beating.

"Stay with me, Jess. Come on." I heard Patrick voice.

"Pa-Pa-trick." I stumbled with the words.

"Save your breath." Patrick said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, Jess. Stay with me." He said.

"No. I really do love you. Like as more than a friend." I said.

"I know. I love you." He said as he kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes for the last time. The last time I'll ever see Patrick's face.

I'm sitting on your folk's porch again. Dreaming she said, she said, " Why don't you just drop dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it was something like I planned.
Enjoy. :D

My entry for I'll Give You An Album, Then It's Up To You Contest by BrittanyAnn.