We Met at the Morgue

May 18th, 2009; Somethings Wrong with This Picture

I had a dream where I was at work with Dennis and we were doing everything we normally do. Checking off bodies and counting to make sure we have them all. Work's boring, but this was a refreshing site. We were laughing and being happy, why did it have to change? If Frank hadn't came back then maybe, no! I'm happy Frank's back and that he loves me too. It's a good thing that he's here, right? My life's been going downhill since he showed up, but I can't help but feel like this is right.

"No Sadie," A voice called from nowhere. As the loud voice echoed through the room I was standing in everything disappeared. Dennis vanished and all the things in the room had faded away. It was now an empty, cold, white room. "Frank's made your life miserable in only a few hours," The voice said.

"No...he's back and loves me," I told it. I felt like I was telling myself this.

"No, no, Sadie. Sweet Sadie. Frank's trying to keep you from your real love," The voice echoed. The echos seemed to fade away quicker as the voice became less eminess and more real. A tall silhouette appeared in front of me, walking slowly and gracefully.

"What do you mean?" I asked. The figure stayed dark and mysterious.
"Frank claims to protect you from the bad guys, the vampires. How do you know you can trust a pack of wolves? The man killed his own parents, how do you know he won't kill you?" He asked. This man had a smooth, gentile voice.

"He's trying to keep you from me, my future bride," The man's dark figure and voice began to fade away slowly as I began to wake up. My eye's flickered and adjusted to Frank's poster-filled walls.

"Morning, Sleepy," Frank greeted me from the floor. He had a small, red, square pillow and a thin, sheet-like blanket covering him.

"Did you sleep on the floor?" I asked. Frank nodded, but he had a smile on his face. "Why?" I asked. "You could've slept in your bed if you wanted to," I told him as I got myself up.

"I didn't think it would be polite," He explained as he stretched and looked up at his ceiling.

"Since when do you care about being polite?" I asked with a laugh. Frank's the type who will jump into bed with a complete stranger so he won't be cold. He turned his smiling face to me.

"Since there's a beautiful girl sleeping in my bed with just a shirt and cute little panties on," Frank explained as he stroke my cheek.

"You didn't want me to wake up to your morning wood? I understand," I
giggled.

"Shh," He chuckled. "I'll go get you some Mountain Dew while you get dressed. God forbid I see you almost naked," Frank said as he got up off of the floor and began to head downstairs. I heard him crack his back and yawn. Was last night a dream? Did none of that happen and this is my real life? The smell of coffee and cigarettes told me I was wrong. I was still wearing Gerard's shirt. Where was Dennis then? Was he alright? Did they fix him? Oh I hope they did. I don't want to wake up to a day where I have to deal with my bloodsucking friend. I hopped out of Frank's bed and began getting dressed. My mind raced with possibilities. Maybe the fixed him, but brain washed him to forget about me for a few days. Or, maybe he died from blood lose and they just don't want to tell me. Could he still be in recovery?

"Don't worry, he's fine," Gerard's said from the top steps. Thank god I was fully dressed this time.

"You know, Gerard, the stalker, ninja, pervert shit is getting old," I warned him as I tied the laced to my Converse.

"Awe, but it's only been a day," He laughed.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked with suspicion. I didn't like Gerard all that much. He seemed creepy.

"It's my gift. I can read minds, opened ones only," Gerard explained with a smile. He stayed at his stop, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Please, stay out of my mind," I asked politely even though I wanted to punch him.

"Okay. If you say minds off, then you're off. But Dennis is fine. He's recovered beautifully and is back at work. Ray or Mikey will explain the rest," He finished and took his leave. I needed a deep sigh to calm myself, but once Frank came back I was better.

"Don't mind Gerard. He's just weird to scare people. You'll like him," Frank explained as he handed me a mug full of Mountain Dew, just like I like it.

"If you say so," I replied drinking some of the pop.

"I have to ask and I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but you were talking in your sleep. You kept saying 'No' over and over," Frank said. I stopped to think of what to tell him.