We Met at the Morgue

May 18th, 2009; Bride to Be

"It was just a nightmare," I replied as I drank my Mountain Dew.

"There's more to that," Frank said sternly.

"Did Gerard get into my mind or something?" I asked. I cursed Gerard under my breath. He's a demon.

"No, I can just tell," Frank replied as I cursed Gerard in my mind. I recalled every word that man said in my dream and tried to pick out which ones to tell him.

"Um...a man was in it and he was telling me thing," I tried to give him as little detail as possible. I just wanted to forget about the dream.

"Just tell me. What did he say?" Frank commanded.

"He said that you were a bad guy and that you would hurt me," Franks face went down into a shocked look. "And he said he was my one true love, his future bride," I finished as I analyzed Frank's expression. He was silent. I could see he was thinking hard about something.

"Did you get his name?" He asked quietly.

"No," I replied. Everything was quiet as Frank scanned his mind for an answer. "Please, Frank, tell me what's going on!" I ordered.

"His name is Vincent DeLarge. He's the Vampire Lord," He finally answered. My face dropped.

"So I've been dreaming of the Vampire Lord?" I asked as my mind began to race.

"No," Frank replied shaking his head. He sat down at his computer chair and started to type up something on a search engine. "He's been tapping into your dreams," Frank said. He hesitated before he clicked on a website. "Do you want to know why me and the group are here?" He asked as he turned and looked up at me. I thought for a second and nodded. Frank clicked on the website and a picture of a tall, nobleman with long dirty blonde hair popped up on the screen. The picture looked like a portrait from the 1500's. There were three paragraphs about his life and Frank read it off.

"Vincent DeLarge was a Lord in Transylvania. He had close relations with Prince Vlad Tepes III also known as Vlad the Impaler of Wallachia. Vincent, being close friends with Vlad, joined in his twisted games of torture and unusual punishment. Together they killed over 400,000 men, women, and even child. Although no records were kept, being there were so many bodies that most people had to go off of bones that were left in torture chambers and scattered through out Dracula's Castle. Vincent DeLarge was said to be the next in line to Vlad's throne of Wallachia, but Vlad disappeared and soon did Vincent. Vlad's son Vlad Tepes IV took the throne instead," Frank read. "Vincent DeLarge was born in the early 1430's in Italy (because of his last name researchers had to guess). No records were kept of his mother or father or any family member since when he was a young man he fled to Wallachia. Vlad Tepes and Vincent became close friends as they shared loves for torture and cruelty. Vincent was treated like a nobleman of high class and was suppose to take Vlad's throne, but disappeared soon after Vlad did. No one had heard of seen of any of them. No bones were ever found," Frank finished.

"He's almost six-hundred years old?" I asked.

"Yes. Vlad went missing because he was bitten by the Vampire Lord six centuries ago. Vincent found out and saw Vlad, craving power he mad Vlad bite him. As the vemon's rage kicked in he killed Vlad making him the automatic Vampire Lord," Frank told me as he scanned the page for more info.

"Why only Lord?" I asked. "Why not King?"

"Vampires don't have Kings. They don't like being told what to do, so instead they have a Lord whose more like their God, at least that's what they treat him as," He answered. Frank stopped at a picture of a woman who looked a lot like me. She was a portrait of course. Her face was pale white with light rose red blush on her cheeks. Her lips were a scarlet color and her eyes were a piercing blue. Her dark brown hair was kept up in a loose, curly bun with little brown curls hanging off the sides of her face. She wore no smile nor frown.

"That's his wife, his past wife, Luminita Aline DeLarge. She was killed by a poison that was meant of Vlad, but she got it instead," Frank explained. She was beautiful. "Vincent feels as if you're her reincarnation and he wants you back," I was in shock. How could all of this have happened in only one night?