We Met at the Morgue

May 18th, 2009; Fear-Be-Gone

I just stood there, still and in shock. I couldn't speak, what do you say that? I don't want to be a Vampire Lord's bride? You can't just deny something like that. Frank took me in his arms and pulled me into a tight embrace. I needed him right now more than anything and no voice or manipulative Vampire was going to stop me from pursuing my one love.

"I'm not going to let him get you," Frank whispered to me. I just laid my head on his chest as I thought my life over. I spent of my years happy and secure, safe and joyful with Frank always there to keep me company. After he left I kept myself alone and depressed. The light of happiness never crept through the cracks of my dark domains until I reached College and Dennis was there. My life was good and normal, but I always would dwell on Frank, now that he's back my life has been through almost of every stage of happiness and sadness in only a day if not even. My life is suppose to be plain and simple. One day has turn simplicity into a complicated maze in which I can't find the exit. Will I be forced to stay in a mouse-like phase and wonder around the maze looking for the wedge of cheese? What was my wedge of cheese in this? To make it out not a vampire or Bride of a Vampire.

"I don't want to be his wife," I told Frank as I buried my face in his chest. He pet my hair gently. His fingers brushed my back softly as he whispered to me, "I won't let anyone hurt you or get you. I promised that I would always protect you," Frank reminded me. We made a Blood oath one summer when we were in Elementary school. We were just about to hit the sixth grade and be what we considered big kids. One night, I think it was the last night of the summer before we had to start getting ready for school, we walked into the forest, not too deep because we were scared, but deep enough. Our little Playskool flashlights clinched tightly in one hand and holding onto one another with the free hand. Frank was my guide through the forest and though he was afraid of the dark back then, he showed no fear to impress me. As we finally reached the spot Frank got out a small, sewing needle, a piece of paper, and a pen. We sat down across from each other and thought of things to promise each other.

"I promise to never let you get hurt," Frank said as wrote it down.

"I promise to never let any girls hurt you when we get older," I replied as I wrote it down.

"Ewe, I don't like girls," Frank asked as a joke.

"You have to like a girl or else you'll never get married," I commented. Back then it was so simple and innocent. Meet a guy you like, get married, and have kids. You didn't have to worry about fighting or break ups. You weren't taught that yet.

"I don't know, but I promise to always protect you and make sure no one ever hurts you," Frank said as he wrote it down. We continued with our promises, laughing and giggling as we did. I signed my name in my new found knowledge of cursive and Frank did the same. We both pricked our fingers and winced at the dot of blood. Pressing our fingers against the paper we quickly bandaged up our boo-boos and buried the paper somewhere in the dirt. If only I could remember where we put it. It's probably decomposed by now.

"Can you keep that promise?" I asked with tear filled eyes. My mind was filled with fears that crushed my heart with their big hands and made feel nothing much fear.

"Forever and ever and today," Frank laughed. He kissed me on the top of my head and then lifted up my chin for a kiss. I pulled away with a question.

"What does this make us now?" I asked, hoping that he would say that this would make us together.

"Whatever you want it to be," He answered. He looked me in my eyes and all my fears disappeared. The fears had lost their grips and my tears vanished.

"I want to be...your girlfriend," I replied. It was such a high school or middle school reply, but it was the best I could say. I looked down at his messy floor and blushed.

"Then I'll be your boyfriend," Frank said with a smile. I blushed harder and looked at him. Never in a million years would I expect any of this to happen to me. "I love you, Sadie," Frank whispered sweetly in my ear. My heart stopped from shock. He's said it before, but because he said it a second time made it seem less dream-like.

"I love you too, Frank," I said back as I smiled widely. He moved a loch of
hair out of my face and behind my ear, kissing me again with his smooth, soft lips. The Gates of Heaven had opened up to me and gave me a taste of what pure joy and happiness tastes like...it tastes like Frank's kisses. I kissed him back much deeper and pulled back to giggled.

"How long have you waited for this to be real?" Frank asked, his eyes were still closed and his forehead was pressed against mine.
"As long as I've liked boys," I said truthfully. Frank laughed a cute little laugh and kissed my forehead.

"I've waited for as long as I've started liking girls. Back in sixth grade. You were the most beautiful girl to me," He said.

"Braces, curly hair, glasses, and all?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes, you were so cute," Frank commented.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting," Another person said. We both turned to the stairway and it was Mikey with Gerard behind him. We stiffened our faces and moved a part.

"No, what's wrong?" Frank asked.

"The police have said that more kids have gone missing, thought you should know," Gerard said. He grabbed Mikey by the arm and pulled him back downstairs. Mikey seemed squeamish and shy. The look on Gerard's face gave off so many different emotions. Anger, hate, sadness, loneliness, and even envy.

"Maybe I should check it out? Can you stay here with Gerard?" Frank asked.

"Why Gerard?" I whined. I'd rather stay with Bob than Gerard.
"Gerard was hurt in a fight with Vincent. He needs to stay here and heal," Frank replied as he pulled me downstairs. Ray, Bob, and Mikey seemed to be ready already. "I'll be back real soon, I promise," He said. They all left out the door and just like that I was alone with Gerard...