We Met at the Morgue

May 18th, 2009; Alone

The closed and everyone else left and I was just alone with Gerard in this silence room where the looming awkwardness just seemed to press down on me. I could see Gerard sitting on the recliner, he was starring at the wall but was focusing on me.
"Do you feel uncomfertable?" He asked.
"Yes, kind of," I answered shyly. Gerard sighed and adjusted himself.
"Sit," He said and jestured me to the couch across from him. I sat down as ordered and just looked at him, waiting for him to speak again. "You feel vulnerable without Frank?" Gerard asked. I could see that he was examining me like a police officer does with a suspect. I was an innocent suspect. I tried to think of an answer that would satisfy him.
"It's not that I'm not with Frank, it's just that you intimadate me a little," I replied.
"How?" Gerard ask. His facial expression never changed. So hard and stern, Gerard would make a good police officer.
"You don't like me, I can tell," I answered and I looked down. His eye were dark, almost black and they scared me.
"It's not that I don't like you, I'm jealous of your happiness," Gerard confessed. He leaned back into the recliner and looked away from me. His face just filled with sadness. I leaned up in intriegment.
"Jealous?" I wondered. "But why?" Was Gerard gay for Frank?
"Has Frank told you about werewolves yet?" He asked. It seemed off subject, but I played along.
"No," I answered.
"The first time werewolves transform, it's so sudden and so new that it's painful, scary, and the person loses all control of themselves. I was on a date with my wife-to-be," Gerard began. My eyes filled with shock and my mind once again filled with options of what could've happened. "I knew something was wrong with me, but this was our last date before our wedding. It was only in five days. I wanted to make it so special so I ignored the back pains, stomich pains, and muscle pains just so I could be with her, Casey," Gerard's eyes began to fill with sadness. I was too afraid to tell him to stop. "I took her out to all the places where we had our first date. First to her favorite resturant in Detroit, which was Chilli's," He laughed a bit. "Then I drove her back up here to see a movie, since the movie we saw when we first started dating wasn't playing anymore, we saw a different one which was Fight Club with Brad Pitt, she had a thing for him. Then...after the movie, I took her down to the lake where we had our first kiss and first time. I told her that I didn't feel well and I was just going to walk around for a minute to help me calm down. I felt like I was going to puke. I was stumbling over my feet and I couldn't see straight and I was leaning against a tree. I began to gag and cough, it felt like I was about to puke out every organ in my body. All my bones felt stretched and my muscles felt like someone was tugging on them. I felt to the ground, I didn't want to yell just so I didn't worry Casey, but I ended up screaming in pain. I tore off all of my clothes and began to sweat. My body twisted and turn and contorted into postistions I could never get into. All I could feel was a pressure-like pain with stratching and just sharp pains everywhere. I thought I had just passed out from all the pain, but I woke up with the taste of blood soaking my mouth, blood and torn flesh on my hands," Gerard paused and tried to keep control of himself. The whole energy of the room became dark and depressed. "Casey was laying on the ground, all of her limbs were torn apart but I knew her face even if skin was just hanging on my small fragments. The whole place where the car was to the trees was cover with blood and flesh and limbs. I cried, I broke down and cried. I even tried to kill myself for two hours, but nothing worked. I tried to drown myself in the lake, but that never worked, I tried to slice my wrists and my throat but...I'm not human, I'm stronger and my wounds just healed within seconds," I thought Gerard was finished. My heart began to beat faster and faster. All the bad things I thought about Gerard were gone. "I couldn't live with myself. I jumped infront of cars, jumped from buildings, I even got into hard drugs and tried to overdose, but nothing worked," Tears fell from Gerard's eyes and I could feel all his pain.
"So now you hate all couples cause of what happened," I stated. He nodded and held back all of his tears. "Gerard, you can cry infront of me..." I told him. All he did was walking down the hallway and slammed a door. The room still was heavy and sad. Such a dark energy filled it and weighed it down.
"Should I go in there?" I asked myself. "No," Was my conslusion. Poor Gerard, why do all these bad things happen to people when they're at their peak of happiness? He was going to get married, maybe have a family with the girl he loved, but it had to be ripped away from him. I could see that he blames himself for everything, but how could he? What did he do? Does he even know?
I ran down the hallway and knocked on Gerard's door.
"Go away, please," He sobbed from the other end. I opened it slowly and quietly.
"You can't be alone anymore," I told him. I thought I sounded like a therapist.
"Please, just leave me. Why would you want to be around a monster anyway?" Gerard said. He was crying in his hands. All over his walls were horrific pictures that I'm sure he drew. They showed a woman, not different women, just a woman, she was crying with tears down her face and in some he was crying and screaming. They all looked like the victim from a horror comcic and I think she was. A beast, a tall, big werewolf stood over her and in some pictures it was ripping her apart. I sat down on Gerard's messy bed and put one arm around him. I didn't have to say anything, he just told me more.
"Sometimes, I start remembering what I did. In dreams, random times of the day, when I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. I see her, panicing and hear her calling my name for help. Why did I do that?" Gerard cried.
"I don't why, but you couldn't control yourself. It's not your fault Gerard," I told him,
"It'll always be my fault..." He finished.