We Met at the Morgue

May 17th, 2009; The Morning

That memory of the day Frank left me alone in the world, haunts me everyday, but it also dwells on my mind every year on my birthday. I was picked on at school after that. I was judge by all the school kids, my parents began to start shit about Frank, and the nights I spent alone, where I use to feel comfort knowing Frank was just down the street, they turned into terror, fear, and everything become cold. The people who were around me because cold, their soft, welcoming words of encouragement became meaningless. Hugs and love didn't mean anything and my world shattered all around me, cutting my feet when I tried to walk over it.

Today was May 17th, 2009, my twenty-fifth birthday. I've been walking this earth alone for ten years now and the police stopped looking for Frank and his parent's killer, or killers, a long time ago. Frank was never found and his parent's deaths remind unsolved. As life went on it began to get more and more pointless, but whenever I felt weak and betrayed, when the world just seemed to crush me for it's own amusement, I found strength the picture Frank and I had taken on our last school field trip. It was a school hiking trip two days before the world went to shit. We're standing in the middle of the forest just looking at each other with the biggest smiles on our faces. Frank had black hair, short, and combed back. His hazel eyes had a spark given off by the sun and his teeth were still a dull yellow from smoking, he quit a few days before that. My hair was long and black, but is now white on top with dark blue underneath. My eye color would forever be pale blue and my skin pale white.

I was looking at that picture now trying to gain any strength from it to get on with my day. I sipped on my coffee and admired the picture. Memories flashed back from days before hell. When I laughed so hard I'd cry and we would talk all night.