We Met at the Morgue

August 3rd, 2009; Aftermath and Moving On

It's been about four months since the fight with Vincent and the outbreaks of vampires. These four months have been quiet and nice. The boys finally opened the house up so the neighbors wouldn't think that place had been abandoned, but Frank moved out to move in with Dennis and I. Surprising enough, Dennis never asked about my long leave from work or the apartment. He just asked if I had a nice trip. I simply replied with, "Yes," and turned towards Frank who was smiling like he knew something. Once the traumatizing memories of the Vampires became distent Frank and I began to talk about our relationship. It took us two weeks to agree about making everything official, we both knew we wanted to for a long, long time, but we've never had the guts to really jump into it. Frank moved into my room, making sure it was up to his taste. He's been getting along with Dennis, they're almost like best friends and Frank's thinking about getting a job at the Morgue once Beth retires. I burnt the records of him and the others ever being wheeled in there so the Dragon Man will never know. Our lives have become simple and sweet. No vampires, no werewolves, no paranormal anything. The city's been quiet. I almost forgot Frank was a werewolf if he wasn't so fast or strong. I liked this life. I missed it.
Every night before I crawl into bed with Frank to sleep, I think about Him, Vincent. How sad he really was. All he wanted was to feel his love in his arms again...so many hundreds of years he was looking for her. I wondered what became of him. Did he really die? Or is he walking the Earth alone? I hoped that he hadn't changed back into an evil person. If that one thought of what he really wanted changed him into a kinder man, what could change him back? It wasn't hard to think about, but it was hard to decide on. Is he still good or evil? Was he far away or keeping an eye on everyone? I doubt I'll ever be over any of this, but it will only be a memory.
Four months have past, a good four months I must say. I wish it could stay like this forever.

Will it?