We Met at the Morgue

May 17th, 2009; Flesh to Flesh

I felt his warm skin against my hand and I looked into his eyes and they sparkled, but he couldn't have been real.

"This is a dream," I said as my face dropped. This moment was too unbelievable. Frank grabbed my hand again and put it back to my cheek.

"No, Sadie, it's not a dream. It's all real," He told me. I'd never seen Frank so serious before. "If you touch my skin you can feel the warmth, can't you?" He put my hand on his chest, where his heart it "And if you feel my heart it beats," He said. Frank's heart beat was faster than it should be, but it was real. "I breathe, I think, I feel, I'm alive, Sadie. I'm here," Frank spoke out to me. His voice was soft as crushed velvet and smooth like Chinese silk. I smiled so wide and hugged him so tight that I would've killed him,

"Where have you been?" I began to cry again.

"Sadie, I'll explain everything. But first, can you please find us some clothes, please?" He asked. I nodded and walked over to the cabert in the corner.

"They're all morgue scrubs, but I hope they'll do," I told them and tossed them all a pair of mint green pants and shirts. I turned my backs to them so I wouldn't have to see them all naked again, although I really wouldn't mind.

"Where's Dennis?" I asked. He was now crossing my mind. There was a silence, like everyone was talking it over behind my back.

"We think he might have been taken by someone," Frank broke the silence. "An enemy of our's," He said.

"His name is Kennith, now it is. He's been reincarnated so many times he doesn't even know his name," Ray said with a laugh. I didn't understand anything they were saying. None of this sounded logical.

"Kennith is a vampire lord. He's after us because we're...his natural enemies," Frank said that like a riddle. Like I was suppose to know what he meant. I got it sooner than I expected.

"No...no, this isn't real," I said.

"We've been over this," Bob groaned. I turned around quickly not caring about their nudity.

"So, you're saying this guy, vampire, dude, Kennith took my friend because you guys are werewolves?" I shouted.

"Yeah..." They all answered. I faded out after that and woke up on my bed.