The New Girl

Old Faces, Boyfriends, Captains, and Cheer leading

Now it was a month into school. Everyone knew who I was. I smiled at the thought. At my old school, only a couple kids knew me, but never really knew my name. Oh well, that was then, this is now. Anyway, I also had my FIRST boyfriend. His name was Landon and he was SO cute! He had long brown hair that covered his eyes a bit. Sparkling blue eyes. Into sports-swimming and lacrosse. He was the captain of both teams. In fact, all the popular kids had boyfriends that were captains of teams. Henley had John-captain of the baseball team, Nat had Ryan, captain of the basketball team, Jenna had Tim, captain of the football team, and Aubrey, the "head" popular girl and cheerleader, had Kyle, the captain of the hockey team.
Speaking of cheer leading, I'd better hurry up for practice, or have my butt kicked off the squad by Aubrey. As I hurried into the girl's locker room, I let out a huge sigh of relief. Everyone was still in there. Except Aubrey, but she was usually in the gym 15 minutes before us thinking of new routines. I took off my gym shoes and slipped on my ballet flats. Usually cheerleaders wear gym shoes, but the designer Aubrey hired for the squad's uniforms said flat looked much cuter with our uniforms. As I slipped my stinky gym shoes into my locker, I grabbed my practice uniform and headed into one of the changing stalls. I didn't have to wait for a stall to open, because no one was usually in there. All the unpopular girls on the squad tried showing off their bras as much as they could. Ew! I shuddered at the thought.
I quickly changed into the blue spanks and red and blue mini skirt. Then I threw on the bra-t-shirt over my head and stepped back into the locker room. The sounds of chatter and makeup brushes, lipsticks, and compact mirrors clanging together filled the air. I took my usual spot by mirrors and started re-applying my makeup.
I could feel a lot of the girls staring at me, watching how I put it on, and what makeup I used. It was creepy. Before, I wasn't even on the squad, much less being the girl every other girl envied. When I was done, I put my makeup into my Forever 21 makeup bag, and scurried off to my locker. Actually, it was more of a strut. Before, I scurried to places, trying to quickly get to a place where I could sit down and bury my face in a book, but now, I strutted, taking my time. I shoved my bag and school clothes into my locker and walked into the gym. Following me was a freshman named Alicia. She was okay, and I pitied her. Her parents were rich, so she could get anything she wanted, but that wasn't I pitied her for. She was always one step in front of everyone one is fashion.
One week, all she wore was bangles. They were "the latest thing" in Europe, but not in America. Three weeks later, after she had donated or given them to her sixth grader sister, Allie, bangles were the biggest hit. She always looked up to me in fashion, so I talked to her a lot. "Hey! Did you hear about tight buns? They're SO in right now. Well, at least in France," Alicia said sheepishly. "No, I haven't read about them yet. Maybe I'll wear my hair like that on Monday," I replied kindly. "Did Aubrey hear about it?,' she asked excitedly. I smiled. Alicia, like all the other freshman cheerleaders, were obsessed with Aubrey. "No, but I'll be sure to tell her. I gotta go. See ya later!" This time I actually jogged a bit to get away from Alicia. I felt bad and all, but I didn't want to be seen talking to a freshman!

**********************************************

Aubrey was looking down at her clip board, muttering to herself. "Hey Aub!,' I said. Aubrey scowled, then looked up to see who was interrupting her. She smiled. "Hey Fi! What's up?,' she said, putting down her clip board. "Nothing much. I just wanted to say hey,' I said, smiling at her. "Check out this new cheer I made. It's amazing!" As I listened to Aubrey explain the cheer, I looked at her. Long, curly red hair cascaded down her shoulders. Blemish free, tanned, freckled skin. Designer clothes. Brown eyes. What made her so popular? I had to find out soon, or my secret was sure to be revealed.

************************************************************

After I took a shower in the locker room, I pulled my Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt over my head. Next, I pulled on my True Religion jeans, pulled on my dark brown bear paws, and spritzed myself with Hollister perfume. After that, I combed my buttery blond hair that smelled like apples, and grabbed my Victoria's Secret PINK bag. I headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Landon came back from the first chapter! ha ha i changed the first two chapters around a bit, so check it out! i haven't posted in awhile, so i made a long chapter. comment and subscribe!
peace