Status: One-shot; Complete.

Thanks for the Memories.

He tastes like you, only sweeter.

Thnks Fr th Mmrs.

It was a message Pete had been sending for some time now. He used it to send to girls after the hookups in the bus after shows to let them know he appreciated the sex, but it’ll never happen again. Yes, Pete was a jerk but it never really phased him that these girls had feelings, and only once has he ever thought that his band members might have something to say about it.

These girls felt so good about themselves thinking that ‘the’ Pete Wentz wanted them only to have their self-esteem crushed by him. It was horrible to feel. It was even worse to watch if you loved him.

And Patrick knew that feeling.

They’d known each other for almost half their lives and they tell each other everything, but Pete’s closed himself off lately. Who can blame him, though? Patrick isn’t going to be the one to ruin the friendship they have with each other. Pat would rather just sit back and have his heart broken than risking that. Every night Patrick would sit and play the Xbox and listen to Pete and some girl having sex. Tonight, of course, was no different.

This time, the girl had black hair that looked like it hadn’t been washed in forever. She looked drunk to Patrick. Patrick tried not to let Pete see the disappointment on his face that yet another girl would be taken advantage of. He also didn’t like that it wasn’t him that Pete was dragging off to the back.

It wasn’t long before they were done and she was gone. Pete was up front with Patrick who was still playing a game, which he paused when Pete pulled out his cell phone.

“If you’re texting Andy or Joe, tell them to bring back some coffee.” Patrick said. He knew they wouldn’t be back from the store for a while. They tended to take their precious time. They had to wait on the fans to file out of the city, first.
“I’m not texting them.” Pete replied, not really caring.
“Then who are you texting at this time?” Patrick asked looking at the clock. It was already Eleven forty-three.
“Ashlee.” Pete said. He looked over and saw Pats confusion. “The girl that just left here,”
“Are you sure she was even a girl?” Patrick accidentally slipped. You could practically hear the jealousy dripping from every word.
“You mean by birth?” Pete asked playfully, pretending that he didn’t notice the way Patrick had raised his voice. Pat just sat quietly and listened to the all to familiar beeping of Pete’s phone as he sent the girl a text. Looking over, he noticed it was the same thing he’d sent time after time. He knows this because for some reason, Pete always chooses to come and sit by him after he was done . When asked why he said that he got better service up front with him, and we all know he has to have service.

Are you a fucking oblivious moron? Is it really that hard to see that I’m in love with you? Patrick thought as he watched Pete put the phone back in his pocket. He was so tired of having to live this same routine over and over. It wasn’t even his life and it was effecting him more than Pete.

“What’s wrong, Pat?” Pete asked noticing the mood his friend was in.
“Nothing, Pete.” He said, but Pete knew better than that. He knew how to get what he wanted out of him, so he climbed on top of him and sat himself on his lap. Patrick just sat and looked bemused.
“What are you doing?” He asked.
“What does it look like, I’m getting vital information.” Pete said, taking Patrick’s hands in his and smiling.
“Now, tell me what’s really wrong, or I’ll…” He continued.
“Or you’ll what?” Patrick taunted, still kind of shocked at Pete’s suddenly forward behavior.
“I think…I’ll have to kiss you.” Pete said cockily.
“Pete, please don’t!” Pat tried to reason as Pete moved closer.
“Then tell me.” He said. He didn’t skip a beat. It didn’t even affect him. Patrick was frantic as Pete moved forward. He was also wondering why he didn’t want to kiss him. It was probably because it wouldn’t mean anything on Pete’s part. Patrick felt his blood boil.
“Fine, you know what, Pete? It’s you!” He yelled, pushing him off. Pete just sat and looked confused.
“Are you really that fucking retarded?” Pete was now looking kind of scared at what Patrick could do.
“What do you mean?” Pete returned timidly.
“Is it honestly that hard to see that you’re more to me than a damn friend?” Patrick asked as Pete continued to just sit. His mouth was now hanging open as he listened to his friend, or apparently more.
“I mean jeez, Pete! How did you not notice that I would always pay a little more attention to you than Andy or Joe? Pete, I wish you knew how much it hurts every time you come home with another random girl every time we have a show! I’m always so worried about you when you’re out because I have no idea when, or if, you’ll be home, or by yourself at that! Pete, I have no idea why I like you so much but I do.” Patrick said, surprised at himself, and fear was evident in his eyes. He just knew he’d messed up. Not only did Pete know he was gay, but the he was in love with him. All Patrick could do was watch as Pete got up off of the ground where he had been since he was pushed. Pete was appalled at what Pat, his best friend of what feels like forever. For some reason nothing was weird, and for a fleeting moment the thought that Patrick looked adorable when he was frantic passed through his mind. He quickly shook it from his mind, but then it came back and wouldn’t go away, and for the first time Pete felt unsure about his sexuality.

He slowly inched closer to Patrick not really knowing what he was going to do, although subconsciously he had it all figured out.

Patrick didn’t move this time, he just let Pete do what he wanted.
“Don’t freak out, Patty,” Pete said. He could tell by the way Patrick looked that he was terrified. “I’m not mad. I’m flattered.” He finished. Patrick’s expression calmed slightly, but not enough. This time Patrick didn’t move away from Pete. He just let it happen, and to them both, it was the most romantic kiss they’d ever experienced. It was way better than any quick fuck Pete had ever had, and way better than the kisses Patrick’s only dreamed about.

Patrick wasn’t sure if he could trust Pete, but in all honesty, he really didn’t care at the moment. He only wanted to be able to hold Pete. Neither of them were very aware of it, but they were steadily moving to the bunk area. Quite honestly, I don’t think either of them minded.

They could feel the room slowly heating up as they too became more aroused. They were only kissing, but their lips were becoming more forceful. Everything was moving as if it were a blur, when suddenly they were surrounded by the bunks. They silently decided on Patrick’s since they were leaning against it anyway. They pulled away for a moment to look at each other. Neither of the two could believe what was happening.
“You don’t want to look into this more?” Patrick asked. There was this feeling in the back of his mind that he was taking advantage of Pete.
“Look, Patrick. I don’t know what’s been keeping these feeling I’ve had for you back, but I feel them, and they’re there.” Patrick simply smiled and reattached their lips.

They continued with this until all the clothes were discarded and hearts were on the line. Patrick couldn’t help but to think back at the lyrical moans Pete had managed to sound out. He had discovered that Pete had rather soft hands and arms when they were just cuddling.

He watched as Pete bent over and messed around with his pants, pulling something out of the pockets.
His phone.

Patrick knew what it meant when Pete had his phone after something like this, but surly he wouldn’t be stupid enough to do it to his own band member? Maybe Pat was just overreacting, maybe he was just checking messages or something? No, Patrick heard the familiar beeps of the text feature on his phone. He felt his heart already start to break. He couldn’t believe that he let himself get carried away. He couldn’t believe he let himself jump into something like sex so quickly. He was so disappointed. He just wanted to stop living, or at least go back before any of it happened and just kept himself from saying anything.

Just as he thought that very last thing, he heard to familiar ring tone he’d chosen to alert him of a new text message. He hopped out of the bunk and went to get his phone that was currently on the table in the living area, sliding on some pajama pants in the process.

As he picked up the phone, he saw Pete’s name flashing on the screen, indicating that he was the sender. Patrick’s heart skipped a few beats, then sped up as he opened his phone. All of his fears were quickly washed away when he read the message.

He smiled at what it said.

Pat,

Let’s make more memories.

Love, Pete.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've wanted to do something like this for a while.