Sequel: Everywhere I Go
Status: some what active hope u like it

A Lifetime Worth Remembering

Possible Danger

Minutes turned to Hours, Hours to days, Days to weeks, Weeks to a Month. I've now been living in La Push for a month and a half, Jacob and I have hung out a lot during this last month. I've visited Kalona's grave every day, with Jacob accompanying me every time. I've meet all of Jake's friends and they are all awesome guys. Paul has even adopted me as his little sister, even though he clearly knows I'm way, way, way older then him. I've told them all about my past and thinking they were going to shun me, only to be welcomed even more by the pack. They've all told me their stories to. Leah's being the saddest I've ever heard, hell I've even become great friends with bitter Leah and I feel damn special about that to because I'm the only one she doesn't seem to want to kill, which in my case is good I guess. The guys have token me cliff diving multiple times this past week and let me tell you, It is so fun jumping off a 500+ cliff into a deep, unforgiving sea.

Right now is probably the only time that I have been at my house without either Jake, Paul, or Leah being over. The house has sort of an eerie quietness and I'm really getting sick of it and for the fact that its scaring the crap out of me every time I hear the house make a weird noise. Finally getting fed up with the bored ness taking over me, I grabbed my car keys off counter to my '73 Dodge Challenger and raced out the door. Driving my way to Jake's house I quickly decided I was just going to go see if Paul was home first. I really enjoy hanging out with him. His temper is so fun to toy with. Everyone aways warns me that he is going to get really mad one day and end up hurting me but I really just don't get the fact that I'm immortal. For gods sake, not even a vampire could kill me. I could kill it really easy but not the other way around. I slowly pulled my car to a stop in front of Paul's house. I quickly turned off the car and raced to the door and started pounding on it.

"Calm down,Kayla. Your going to brake my door down." Paul said opening the door and looking down at my short frame.
"Eh shut up Pauly." I said pulling him into a huge hug.
"Okay, whats up with the bone crushing hug?" He asked returning the favor.
"Its so good to have human contact again. Without you, Jake, or Leah at my house, its so creepy, like deathly creepy." I said shivering at the thought of my strangely quiet house.
"Awe, was poor little Kayla scared?" Paul asked pulling me into his house and onto his couch.

We talked for a couple hours until we heard a very loud howl come from the forest.
"What was that?" I asked wondering why they were howling.
"It was a wolf howling." Paul said acting like I was a 5 year old.
"Well I know that Paul but I mean is why are they howling?" I asked pushing him as we stood up and walked towards his back door and to the woods.
"They normally howl when we all need to meet them up somewhere. It didn't should like it was that much trouble so do you want to come?" Paul asked me as he slipped behind a tree to undress so he could shift.
"Sure, I haven't seen you all as wolves anyways." I said as I heard him shift into a giant gray wolf. He threw his head to his back motioning to get on his back.
"You know I can read your mind, right?" I asked laughing as I jumped onto his back grabbing onto his fur as he took off full speed in the direction of the howls came from.
Paul weaved in and out of the trees as he ran. The wind rushing against my face was so nice and calming. Slowly Paul came to a steady walking pace. We slowly came threw a small break threw in the trees and into this huge, gorgeous clearing filled with bright followers and greener then the trees grass.
Towards the middle of the clearing was Sam, Jake, Jared, Quil, Embry, Seth, Leah, and Brady in their wolf forms. Off to the side, just a little ways from the wolves were some very pale people. Suddenly, I felt a slit pulling feeling on my brain and I instantly put up my mind wall so no one could read my thoughts, quickly scanning the pale people I seen one man with a confused look on his face and I figured it was him trying to pick my mind. I took a better look at them and realized that not only were they all instantly beautiful, but they were also all vampires. Suddenly feeling unconformable as Paul walking over to his pack, I slide off his pack and walked over to the russet colored wolf who I knew was Jacob.
All of the wolves but Jake went into the trees quickly and then came back out in their normal, human forms. As soon as the pack got back to where I and the vampires where, Jacob ran into the trees only to back out a moment later and replacing himself next to my side.
"Its nice to see you." Jake said to me as Sam talked to the Cullens, who I just found out are "vegetarian" vampires.
"Its good to see you to." I said smiling as I leaned into Jake's side.
"What have you been doing today while I've been gone?" Jake asked putting his arm around my shoulder.
"Eh, been getting scared to death at my house." I said looking down at the ground.
"Why?" He asked chuckling at me.
"It was way to quiet without any of my wolf buddies there. I really didn't like it." I said looking up and into Jake's beautiful coffee brown eyes that I have grown to love so much.
"I'm sorry." He said laughing a little again.
"Its really not as funny as it sounds. I'm normally not scared to be alone in my house but today it was giving me an eerie feeling." I explained to him.
"A feeling like you were being watched?" Jake asked quietly.
"Yeah, just like that. It was really starting to scare me. So I took off as fast as I could to Paul's house." I told him.
"Guys I might have found were the vampire scent leads to." Jake said pulling attention to us.
"Where?" The lead like vampire said to us.
"Kayla's house." Jake said and before I knew it, Jake and the Cullens where the only ones surrounding me.
"If the vampire has been hanging out around your place then you will need to be extra careful when your alone, okay." Jake said turning me to completely face me.
"Okay." I said unsure of why a vampire would have any interest in me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey thanks for anyone that is reading this. I think I might actually like this story more then I thought I would so I will probably update sooner then planned. Please comment and tell me what ya think, it will mean tons to me.