You Better Pray

So Close

Just as we were about to leave the school, I heard an annoying giggle. I turned my head and saw Zacky and Gena making out and I almost lost my lunch.

“It’s enough to make you gag isn’t it?” Brian asked with a smirk. I silently nodded and shook my head in hopes to knock the tears back in. This was just getting to be too much to take. I just needed a way to get him out of my mind. Maybe I could get a boyfriend. But then there’s the huge chance that no one would take me.

I laughed and shook my head when I saw Jimmy doing some kind of weird dance down the hall. He could cheer me up no matter what kind of internal battle I was dealing with. I suddenly heard a loud screech and Brain and I turned to see Robyn running full speed down the hallway. Once she was close enough. She jumped into Brian’s waiting arms. Then their lips connected in heated passion. I turned my head away so I wouldn’t intrude on their intimate moment.

“Your love brings tears to my eyes.” I said smiling at them.

“You’re just jealous because you don’t have what we have.” Brian smirked.

“Yeah, I know.” I whispered. I guess I didn’t say it low enough because Brian and Robyn stopped abruptly.

“Shit! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean a word of it. I was only joking!” Brian’s eyes held worry and guilt as he said this.

“But it’s the truth isn’t it?” I asked. I didn’t even want to know what the answer was because I knewit was true.

“It’s far from the truth, hun.” You know what? I’m coming over to your house and I’ll help you get ready for the party.” Robyn said.

“You know about that?”

“It’s high school. Any news about parties travels fast here.” She smiled.

“I guess you’re right. But you don’t have to do anything for me. I’ll be fine.”

“Are you kidding me? Brian told me that without your help, he’s never would have asked me out in the first place. Besides, After I’m done with you, Zacky won’t be able to take his eyes off of you.” She smirked. My eyes went wide when she said that.

“I don’t like Zacky!” I said quickly.

“Oh please! I can see the way you look at him. Everyone knows, well except for Zacky but he’s not the brightest crayon in the box.” She laughed.

“Yeah, I guess I just wear my feelings on my sleeve.”

“More like, one your forehead.” She laughed.

“Okay, let’s go before they lock us in the school. I said noticing we were almost the only ones left in the hall. I started to walk towards the door. Once we were in the parking lot I saw Zacky running towards us. I quickly slid into the driver’s seat and started up the car. I silently prayed that Brian and Robyn got in the car before he got to us. I was trying to get over him and that just wasn’t going to work if he was always around me. I cursed under my breath as he slid into the passenger’s seat.

“So, what’s this I hear about a party?” He asked looking around the car. I pulled out of the parking lot as soon as everyone was seated.

“Oh! It’s Veronica’s birthday today and for her present I’m throwing he a party.” Brian said smiling victoriously.

“It’s your birthday today?” Zacky asked me. I simply nodded my head in response. I finally pulled into my driveway and shut the car off as I headed straight towards the front door of my house. I left the door open already knowing that they were following me in. I went into the kitchen, got a Pepsi out of the fridge, lit up a cigarette and hopped up onto the counter. I took a long drag off the cigarette as I felt my body relax with the intake of nicotine. I took a sip of Pepsi as Zacky walked into the kitchen.

“So… can I have one?” He asked pointing towards the cigarette in my hand. I simply nodded and tossed one to him.

He lit it up and sighed. Awkward silence doesn’t even begin to describe the vibe in the kitchen right now.

“So, why didn’t you tell me it’s your birthday today?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and kept my gaze towards the floor. I heard feet shuffling then saw a pair of converse in my eye’s view. His hand lifted my chin until we were making eye contact.

“What’s wrong?” He asked in a soft tone.

“Nothing.” I said and turned my head away from him again. I swear you could cut the tension with a damn butter knife. He turned my head back towards him and he leaned his forehead against my own.

“Don’t be sad. It’s your birthday. Let me see a smile.” He whispered while staring into my eyes. I couldn’t help it so I cracked a small smile. “That’s better. Happy birthday Veronica.” He smiled. His head leaned closer to mine and just as he was going to kiss me, or I think he was going to kiss me, Brian walked into the kitchen and headed straight to the fridge. Zacky instantly pulled away from me and straightened himself up. Damn you Brian! That;s the second time! He's gonna die now!
♠ ♠ ♠
I have an idea of what my next chapter is gonna be so just hold tight and relax. =D Thank you all for reading this story!!!!! Comments are awesome as always. =D because comments = <3