You Better Pray

Secret

"Guys, she's quiet again. I think she still has secrets!" Jimmy exclaimed. I gave him a strange look.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The main reason that people are quiet is because they are too afraid to talk. they think that if they talk they will accidentally tell their secrets. You've been very quiet so that must mean that It's a very big secret." Brian explained.

"But how did you-"

"We researched it."

"In my opinion, It's my right to keep some secrets to myself." I said quietly while looking down at the floor.

"Come on! We won't tell anyone!" Johnny complained. The rest of them nodded in agreement.

"No, I'm sorry but I can't."

"Yes you can. Just open that pretty little mouth of yours." Brian smiled.

"I said no!" I yelled standing up. Panic took over as my eyes searched the room. Everyone starred at me. My breathing got heavier. I just wanted to get out of there so I did. I ran as fast as I could. I hadn't realized how long I had been there. It was now dark but I knew where I was going. As soon as I got to the bridge I held onto the railing like my life depended on it. I just looked down on the river. I heard footsteps running toward me. I looked up and saw Zacky running after me.. I sighed and started to walk away.

"Wait! Veronica!" He called after me. He was by my side instantly. "What's wrong?"He asked.

"I should have never went there with you. It was a mistake." I was shaking my head in shame.

"Hey,"he lifted my chin so I was making eye contact. "Tell me what's wrong. I promise you, I will never tell anyone." Something about his eyes told me to believe him.

"You promise?" I looked into his eyes with hope.

"I promise."

"Six years ago," I paused.

"It's okay." He encouraged.

"Six years ago, I didn't just leave because I was being neglected." He looked at me in confusion. "I left because my father beat me and raped me." I saw his eyes go from concern to anger in the matter of seconds. He let go of me and started pacing.

"Who the hell does that asshole think he is? That's just complete bullshit!" He shouted. He was scaring me now. I walked backwards until I hit the Bridge railing. I slowly sat down, pulling my legs up against my chest and started rocking.

"Z-z-zacky, please calm down" I said as tears were forming in my eyes. He looked at me with anger evident in his face. Then he saw me and his face relaxed into one of worry.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." He pulled me into his chest. "Can I ask you a question?"

"What?"

"Why did you open up to me of all people?"

"I saw something in you, something that I can't explain. But I felt like I could trust you."

"That's true. You can trust me with anything. I'm going to protect you from now on. Protect you from all that can harm you in any way. If I don't succeed then I will do what ever it takes to make it better. Even if that means I have to wear a dress and make up." I laughed. "There you go. All better now?" He had a hopeful look in his eyes.

"All better." I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I updated. Please comment if you have subscribed or read it. I need feedback!

~xoxo~
love of vengeance