Who Killed Poor Alice?

Who Killed Poor Alice?

The air around me smelled fresh, not like the fresh that you would accompany with a hospital, not the clean fresh that I should smell after almost being killed. Not that fresh, but the fresh of outside, the fresh of the ground underneath someone, the fresh of flowers and a light, spring breeze that shouldn't be there. Where was I? What was this? Why was I not in the linoleum prison of a hospital bed?

"Oh my," A soft whisper came from beside me. I kept my eyes closed and listened further for the sound of the voice that came from my right. A furry thing pressed against my arm and jumped onto my chest. I still kept my eyes closed tight, frightened of what I might see if I opened them up. "Oh dear me, you're going to be late." The thing stepped all around on my torso but it barely knocked any breath out of me. Fear overwhelmed me. What was this?

After a moment I dared opening my eyes and was met with a fluffy white tail in my face. "Uh... yeah excuse you." I said, not sure why I was talking back to a rabbit that was sitting on me. "You're sitting on my chest."

The rabbit turned, and actually stared me in the eye. "I'm so sorry," It replied, catching me off guard. "But if you do not hurry Miss Alice, you'll be even more late than you already are." It padded me in the face, and hopped off of me, before turning to me again and looking up at a large, silver pocket watch that was hanging from my neck. "You'll be the late Miss Alice!" It said before hopping down a dirt path to an old looking willow tree that somehow was familiar. It didn't look back a t me, but crawled under a hole in the bottom of the tree. I didn't see the rabbit again.

I stood, staring down the path where the rabbit had disappeared, and walked over to the tree, staring still at the hole. My blue tube top was still there, I was wearing the same clothes as I was earlier. Was it earlier that I was nearly killed? Or was it days ago? Nothing was stained with the blood that I had felt trickling all around myself what seemed like forever ago, and nothing was dirty or beaten up on me. Even my blond hair fell past my shoulders with light, bouncy curls and my bangs lay just above my eyebrows, clean and taken care of.

Was I really attacked? Was this reality and that merely a dream? All of that had felt so real, the stab wounds, the blood... but all of this was just so much more... real... er. From inside the hole in the tree I heard a voice that was different from that of the rabbit's. "Well Miss Alice? Are you coming?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you it would get better ish.