Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ONE MONTH LATER

ONE MONTH LATER

“Are you sure this is going to go smoothly?” Phoebe nervously asked her husband. Her hands were fidgeting with each other and her heart was pounding.

“Trust me. It’s going to be perfect. My family will be here soon, they’ll finally meet you, and we’ll tell them. They won’t be upset. I promise,” Sid reassured her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Really? They aren’t going to be angry about the fact that their only son got married and didn’t tell them until a month later? That they weren’t invited?”

Sid paused for a moment before answering. “Okay, maybe a little bit, but it won’t last long. I swear.”

“You better be right.”

“Well, I know I’m right about the fact that they’re going to love you, because they already do, and they’ll be happy to bring you into our family,” he said with a soft voice before pressing his lips to Phoebe’s. She couldn’t object as she got lost in his kiss. Their mouths began to move together and Sid’s hands roamed down to her ass as he lifted her up so that she could wrap her legs around him. He was getting worked up and was just about to carry her into the bedroom when he realized what they were waiting for to begin with. “Woah,” he stopped to catch his breath. “We can’t do that now,” he smiled as Phoebe pressed her forehead to his, catching her breath as well. “As much as I want to fuck your brains out—and I will later, I promise, I don’t think it’d be good to meet my parents with wild, crazy sex hair.”

Phoebe wiggled her way back to the ground and gave his package a little squeeze. “I guess you’re right,” she teased before turning and going into the kitchen.

Phoebe took the opportunity to clean up anything she felt was even slightly out of place. She wanted to make the perfect first impression even though she knew perfection was impossible. It was the imperfections that gave people their individuality and it was her imperfections that Sidney had fallen in love with to begin with. Dressed in a casual dress and her hair falling around her shoulders, Phoebe tried to relax every time Sidney would squeeze her shoulders or tell her to calm down. When her anxiety was just about to go through the roof the door buzzer to her apartment sounded.

“Oh shit,” Phoebe froze in her place.

Sidney laughed in response to his wife’s reaction. He went to the door and opened it casually, greeting his family as they walked through the door.

“Hi mom!” Sidney threw his arms around his mother who happily clung to her son.

Sid moved to his dad, who he greeted in typical man fashion before Sidney’s sister Taylor, who couldn’t contain her excitement anymore jumped in his arms with a little squeal. “I missed you guys.”

“Come with me,” he led his parents into the apartment and walked next to Phoebe. He grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to his family. “This is Phoebe.” He looked back and forth between his family and his new bride trying to get a reaction.

Sidney’s mother closed the gap between them as she pulled Phoebe into a huge embrace. “I’m so happy to finally meet you sweetie! My boy has told me so much about you!” She pulled away and tucked a strand of Phoebe’s hair behind her ear. “You’re so much prettier than he gave you credit for,” Tina smiled and winked at her.

Phoebe blushed as a grin spread from ear to ear. “Thank you. I’m so glad to be meeting you guys!”

“It is a pleasure to finally meet the girl that has stolen Sid’s heart,” Troy playfully said as he went in to hug Phoebe.

“How you’ve managed to not get yourself ambushed by crazy girls that have claimed my brother as their own is beyond me,” Taylor joked. “I’m really glad my brother found you though. He’s told me a lot about you.”

“Same with you guys,” Phoebe found her place in Sid’s arm once again. She looked up at him and he knew why.

“Mom. Dad. Let’s go sit down,” he led the pack and sat on the couch. It was evident he had something on his mind.

“You have a lovely little home here, Phoebe,” Tina commented as she sat down and let her eyes wander throughout the apartment.

“Thank you,” she gushed. “It’s a nice place to live,” Phoebe looked around and quickly thought of all the memories she had that this apartment was also home to.

“How was your trip?” Sid asked in attempt to break in his family and make sure they were completely comfortable.

“It was nice, you know. Nothing to run home about,” Troy laughed.

“Taylor, how’s school?” Phoebe tried to make conversation.

“School sucks,” she giggled. “But I like it.”

“So we have some interesting news for you guys,” Sid spoke up unable to avoid the subject any longer. All three of his family members looked at him suspiciously and waited for him to keep speaking. “I’ve told you all about Phoebe. I told you about her from the beginning. You guys know I love her and I’m happy…happier than I’ve been in a long time,” he looked down at Phoebe quickly. His arm was around her and she was sitting next to him on the couch. He gave her a little kiss on the forehead and smiled. “Well, here’s the thing. About a month ago we went down to Florida for a few days and…well…” he paused and took a deep breath revealing to Phoebe how nervous he was. Sensing his disposition, she put her hand lightly on his thigh and gave it a little squeeze to remind him that she was with him. “Well, we kinda…got married.”

He looked at his family for a reaction and began to panic when he realized he was still sitting in silence.

“You got married? Like legally husband and wife married? Marriage license and wedding rings…married?” his mother sputtered out in disbelief.

Sidney looked down at Phoebe again for reassurance before looking at his mother and slowly nodding his head.

“You didn’t tell anyone? For a month?” Troy was still processing the information.

“I’m sorry guys,” Sidney continued. “We’re both sorry. No one was there, it was just us and it was a spur of the moment decision. It was all my idea too, so don’t be upset with Phoebe…I’m sorry…”

“Wait a minute,” Taylor took a deep breath. “You two are married. That means I have a new sister?”

Phoebe’s heart was pounding but she curved her lips up slightly, revealing the smallest, most unsure smile. “Yeah, if you want me to be…”

Taylor slowly stood up and walked over to the other couch. She leaned down and took Phoebe by surprise when she pulled her into a hug. “Welcome to the family!” she squealed.

“You’re okay?” Sidney was happy to see his sister so accepting.

“I’m not happy we weren’t invited to the wedding, but it’s your life and you did what was best for you guys. I’m happy you married someone worth marrying. I wasn’t sure I’d have a sister that I could say that about.”

Sidney didn’t say anything. He stood up and wrapped his arms around Taylor, “Thank you…”

“Okay,” Tina breathed out. “I think I’ve wrapped my mind around all of this. I think I’ve accepted it. It’s going to take some time but I am happy for you guys. Now come over here,” she motioned to Phoebe. “I need to see the rings my son picked out for you—see if I taught him well!”

Phoebe giggled as she stood up and walked over to her new mother in law. She had tears in the corners of her eyes as Tina hugged her. When Tina pulled away, she grabbed Phoebe’s hand to inspect her wedding rings. “Well damn Sidney! You did a fantastic job!”

“Thanks mom,” Sid blushed.

“This certainly wasn’t the type of news we expected to hear when you asked us to come visit but I’m very happy,” Troy stood up to offer his congratulations. “So what’s the plan now?”

Sidney looked at Phoebe once again then met his gaze with his father. “Well, we’re closing on a house in a few weeks. We’ll be moving in within the next month God willing. It’s not far from here, and it’s spacious. You’ll love it.”

“I’m really happy for you guys,” Tina squealed again. The reality that her son was married and making his own family was hitting her hard and fast and tears of joy began to fall down her cheek. “You really couldn’t have found a better girl,” she said as she squeezed Phoebe’s hand in hers.

Sid grabbed Phoebe around the waist and pulled her to him with a smile. “No, I really couldn’t have,” he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. “I guess I was blessed enough to find the right girl early on in life.” He pulled away but still had his arm around her waist, holding her as if he were showing her off because he was proud that she was his. “She’s the reason I don’t make as many mistakes anymore...I grew up.”

“You really are in love, eh?” Troy laughed.

Everyone jumped as Tina gasped and excitedly turned to her son. “Do you at least have wedding pictures?”

“Yeah mom, I’ll get them.” Sidney was so happy with the fact that his family was so accepting to Phoebe that nothing could have ruined his mood. The only people he needed were right in this room, and they loved each other. It confirmed to him even more that he married the right girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not as exciting now that they're married, but i want to give them a proper ending. i love these two characters and i hope you've enjoyed the ride as well.

there are two more mini chapters left, and then they'll be done. :(
if you've liked the story, just follow it for two more mini chapters. say something, leave a comment that says you read it, liked their story, anything. i appreciate it.

i'll be focusing on Zach, BUT I'm going to start a Tazer story (if you will actually read it) prob right before this story comes to an end. If not, then right after. Let me know how you feel about that. I'll leave more info about it in my next Zach update.

thanks for reading xoxo