Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

TEN YEARS LATER

TEN YEARS LATER

“Kiss the cup!” Sid smiled as he flashbacked to the last game of the finals. It didn’t take seven games and it didn’t take overtime for he and his teammates to wrap up the series. When the final horn sounded they erupted like children, Sid screaming and jumping just like he had the first time he’d ever experienced it. After spending the immediate moments with his friends and those who had participated and fought for this moment, he, alone with Lord Stanley himself, went to find Phoebe who was proudly sitting in the stands watching with their three children. When he made his way over to them, tears glistening in his eyes, he reached up and hugged his wife. “I’m so proud of you,” she congratulated him before he kissed her with a victorious tongue.

His three little ones were pulling on their mother, trying to tear her away from the lip-lock she was engaging in with her husband. Once they pulled apart, Phoebe grabbed their two year old in one arm and their five year old in the other so that they could reach the huge silver trophy that was in their father’s grasp. Isabelle had been through this drill before, as she knew what to do. She hugged Sid and helped Phoebe keep the younger ones under control. “Kiss the cup!” Sid and Phoebe instructed the kids to do.

Winning the cup was one thing. Sharing the experience with his wife and their three children gave him a certain high he wasn’t sure he’d ever come down from.

Now it was his day with the cup and though he’d had his days in years past, this one was different. Sid didn’t want to take it to out for a parade, nor did he want any media following his whereabouts. Instead he stayed home, in the beach home in Nova Scotia he and Phoebe had bought four years after they got married as an escape, a serene place they could take their family. He was sitting out on the deck that overlooked the water with Isabella next to him. His two year old son, Caleb was holding his balance next to the Cup, pointing to it, completely infatuated by the huge shiny object his dad had brought him, while his five year old, Hunter was devising ways in which he could tackle it down the stairs. Sid smiled as he observed his kids, the most precious accomplishments in his life, fawning over the Cup, the best career accomplishment in his life.

Phoebe was in the kitchen making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for her kids. And Sid. The crust had to be off, as none of the kids would eat their sandwich with the crust entailed. Phoebe laughed as she cut off the fourth one, Sid had to be just as difficult as his offspring. She quickly looked up and looked out the window where she could see her husband and children laughing and playing on the deck. She shook her head in disbelief, ‘has it really been ten years? Ten?’ They had successfully and blissfully survived their first decade of marriage and only had two houses, three kids, and four dogs to show for it.

Watching Sid pick up Caleb and throw him over his shoulder in a fit of laughter made Phoebe fall in love with him all over again. She lost herself in watching her family, the family she fought for and devoted her life to. She was beaming with happiness when Sid looked up and caught her gaze. “I love you,” he mouthed to her. Phoebe giggled like they she would have when they were dating. She blew a kiss to him and felt butterflies in her stomach as he still had the power to make her weak in the knees. The years were very kind to Sidney and after all this time he still took her breath away. Phoebe felt her wedding rings with her thumb as she went to grab their sandwiches so she could bring them outside for her hungry clan.

Isabelle helped Phoebe by grabbing a few plates off her hands when she saw her mother struggling to open the back door. Phoebe helped feed the boys and relished in the closeness they shared as a family. The boys clung to her as they fell asleep on the lounge chair, their little heads nuzzled into each of her sides. She opened her eyes when she felt Sid kiss the top of her head. “Shh,” he whispered. “I’m going to take a walk down by the water with Belle. We’ll be right back.” He leaned down and kissed her once more, this time on the lips, then took Belle’s hand in his. Phoebe smiled as she watched them the entire way down the stairs, running her left hand through Caleb’s soft baby hair and her right hand through Hunter’s as they slept peacefully on either side of her.

*****

Phoebe had just finished bathing the kids and putting them to bed. The entire ordeal was quite the process as they each required specific bath toys, specific bedtime stories and each craved to have more attention than the others. After the littlest one finally fell asleep Phoebe kissed each of their foreheads and walked down the hallway to find Sidney. She hadn’t seen her husband in about an hour due to the children’s needs.

“Baby!” she heard Sid quietly call for her. It sounded like he was outside on the deck.

“Yeah babe?”

“Can you come out here for a minute?” He was definitely on the deck.

“I’m coming!” Phoebe made her way through the kitchen and opened the sliding glass door that led onto their private earthy deck. The second she stepped out she gasped as hundreds of tiny little lights turned on almost on cue. “What is all this?” Phoebe asked with a smile on her face. The deck was illuminated with white Christmas tree lights. The patio set, expensive as it was, was decked out with candles and champagne flutes, and Sid’s prized possession of the day, Lord Stanley, was sitting right next to the table, top filled with ice and a bottle of champagne sticking out.

“I want to spend time with my wife.” Sid walked closer to Phoebe and reached out to pull her to him. “This is about celebrating with my family and while I wouldn’t trade any of what we have, you’re as responsible as anything for my growth as a person and a player, as much as you might not realize it.”

“Oh yea hot shot?” Phoebe wrapped her arms around Sidney’s neck and nuzzled her nose into his. “I’m getting some vintage Crosby here?”

“You always have vintage me babe.” He reached down and gave her a quick peck on the lips before pulling her over to the candle-lit table. “So I figured since our mommy and daddy duties are done, at least for tonight, we could have some husband and wife time.”

“Oh really?” Phoebe purred seductively. “What did you have in mind?” she sat on the edge of the table and spread her legs so Sid could stand in between them. “Well we do have a celebration on our hands ya know,” Sid motioned over to the over sized silver prize that was perched within reaching distance. “And what better way to do that than this.” He reached over and grabbed the bottle of champagne that was sitting nicely in the ice-filled cup and popped open the cork. Phoebe laughed as the initial pop ended up all over her, soaking her chest and making her nipples stand erect through her thin shirt. Sid leaned down and began to suck on her champagne lathered neck, then traced his tongue down to her throat. Phoebe put her hand under his chin and pulled his head up so that his lips met hers. Sid wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled himself tighter into her spread legs so that he could delve deeper into their kiss.

Phoebe instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist to secure him to her, but he pushed back as he went for the hem of her shirt. He ripped it up over her head exposing her braless chest to him. He hungrily crashed his lips back down onto Phoebe’s as she pulled his shirt over his head and threw it on the ground next to them. The little shorts Phoebe was sporting easily came off with little prying from Sid. He looked at his wife who was naked, her legs spread wide with him standing in between them. His crotch twitched at the pure sight of her and continued to grow as he ran his hands down the sides of her torso. Phoebe reached for him and easily slipped the basketball shorts off Sid so that all of him was exposed to her. Without ceremony Phoebe pressed her lips to Sid’s abdomen, licking, sucking, biting her way up his chest until he leaned down and met his lips with hers once more. He pulled her closer to him, this time grinding her bare cock into her folds, exciting both of them until they were ready to become one. Just as Phoebe thought Sid was ready to enter her he pulled back and grabbed the bottle of champagne once more. He took a big whiff from the bottle, all the while keeping his eyes locked on Phoebe. She threw her head back, her long hair sweeping against the table and as her outright chest lifted up for Sid she felt the champagne come raining down on her body.

Sid licked his lips as he poured the champagne down Phoebe’s chest, coating her perky breasts, her nipples hard and excited. The sight of her like this took his breath away, it was one of the hottest things he’d ever seen. Her breasts were still perky and beautiful, even after three children. Sid continued pouring down her stomach and didn’t stop until he had the sweet liquid bubbling between Phoebe’s legs. She let out a gasp followed by a deep alluring moan, which enticed Sid to take one of her pointed nipples in his mouth, sucking off the alcohol and biting at the extra treat. He swirled his tongue around it, then moved to the next one, repeating the erotic teasing. He relished in her moans and moved his attention from her breasts, down her stomach then finally slid his tongue between her sweet folds. Her familiar delicious taste enhanced by the champagne caused Sid to want her more and made Phoebe’s pleasure more intense. Her body was quivering due to the bubbling effect tingling between her legs, Sid’s tongue thrusting and probing in her pink wetness. “Oh God…” Phoebe moaned out as Sid took her sweet spot in his mouth and sucked at her, swallowing her juices along with the alcohol. Phoebe ran his hair through her fingers, grabbed a hold of Sid’s head and held it to her grinding against his face, riding out the sensation of Sid’s tongue and what it was currently doing to her.

Sidney was so wrapped up in pleasuring his wife that when he felt (and heard) her coming all over his mouth he almost busted his load on the spot, but Phoebe pushed his face away from her center. “Go inside me. Please,” she begged with desire. Sid quickly stood up and aligned himself with her hole, he didn’t waste any time, when Phoebe reached for him he pushed into her. Phoebe threw her head back and gasped for breath as she adjusted to him being in her but Sid cradled his hand on the back of her head and pulled it towards him taking her mouth into a torrid, lustful kiss. He plowed his tongue in between her lips forcing her to taste the combination of herself, the champagne and Sid. It was erotic and intimate; sex was still just as exciting, just as beautiful as it was when they first started dating. Sid’s rapid thrusts elicited louder grunts and moans, causing Phoebe to clamp her insides around him tighter as he came hard inside her. He collapsed on top of her, gasping for breath himself. “That was a pretty fucking good celebration,” he panted with a satisfied smirk.

“I think we’re just lucky we didn’t wake the kids.” Phoebe’s face had the evidence of a good lay and the confidence of a woman who’d just been fucked by her insanely hott husband.

“We could go for round two and see what happens.” Sid teased as he pulled out of her and reached for his shorts. He leaned and kissed her once more, a long lingering kiss that was fueled by love and commitment. “You know, you’re more beautiful to me now than you were the day we met.”

“Can you believe it’s been ten years!”

“It’s been an unbelievable ten years, but to answer your question, yes I can. I’ve cherished every moment, every day, every year with you and our three rugrats.”

“I still wake up every morning and smile when I see you next to me,” Phoebe gushed as she ran her hand down his cheek. “You’re my best friend.”

“We’re pretty lucky. Not everyone finds what we have.” Sid said to her sincerely. “Because of that, because we’re best friends who are in love, that will be what keeps us going strong when it’s been fifty years.”

“I love you,” Phoebe sighed before quickly pressing her lips to his.

“I love you too Pheebs.” Sid handed his wife her clothes and held his hand out to her after she had put them back on. She placed her hand in his as he helped her get up off the table. He wrapped his arms securely around her, and she nuzzled into him as they walked back into the house together. In the morning they’d have to do it all over again, but that was what made them happy, made them who they were.

That was their life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad this story has come to an end, but it was a friggin blast to write. i love sid and phoebe and i'm going to miss them. i hope you will too.

If you read the story at all, let me know what you think. If you loved it, hated it, wished it would've ended differently...i want to know. i appreciate the feedback--especially since it's the end.

thanks so much

ps. phoebe, hope it made you happy and you enjoyed it. it was yours after all.