Status: May take a few days in between updates, but very much alive

Worth The Wait

ch 6- are you kidding? I'm a pro.

Ch. 6

Sid followed Phoebe through her door, their hands lightly touching as hers trailed behind and his fingertips were gently locked with hers. When they closed the door behind them Phoebe took off her coat, placed it in the closet and it was evident to Sidney that she was nervous.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked her, clearly referring to what happened with those guys.

Her reaction gave away the fact that she wasn’t. “I-I just wasn’t thinking and if you weren’t there…” she was afraid to finish her thoughts.

He moved close to her again in one fluent movement and placed his hands on her waist. “I would never let anything happen to you Pheebs.”

“You-you couldn’t know that. You might not have been there, and then what?” she was still shaking in fear. “I don’t even know what to think, I don’t want to imagine…” she put her head down and couldn’t finish her sentence.

Sid put his hand under her chin and lifted up her head. “No. Nothing would’ve happened. You don’t understand. You were never alone, I was right behind you…I ran out the door when I thought I saw you run out of the room and Jordan told me you were gone…I promised you I wasn’t going to let you leave alone…” he said softly, reassuringly.

Phoebe looked up at him, her jaw dropping. She wanted to kiss him and pull him close to her and she almost did, but when she felt the ring on her finger she knew it would be wrong. Sid felt it too. It took every ounce of strength in his body not to pick her up and carry her into her bedroom. His veins were tingling, he could feel his blood racing and he found it hard to breathe.

“I’m gonna go put on some pajamas…I’ll grab you some sweats,” she ripped herself away from Sid and walked into her bedroom. Her heart was pounding and her stomach was in knots. She looked down at her ring in resentment; she almost hated the fact that she didn’t bend the rules because there was nothing in her that didn’t want to be with Sidney.

She slowly put on flannel pants and a tank top and made her way out to Sid who was waiting for her patiently on the couch. “Here,” she threw the pants at him.

“Ah,” he sighed. “These look familiar,” he said referencing the ones he slept in the night prior.

Phoebe slowly turned on the heel of her foot to go to her bedroom. “Wait,” Sid pleaded. “Why don’t you stay out here with me?”

Phoebe felt her heart start pounding again and her breath become heavy. She stopped dead in her tracks but she never turned around. “Why,” she let out a deep breath. “Why don’t you just come with me?”

Sid felt everything inside him freeze. “Are-are you sure?”

“Yeah, but don’t think this is a ploy I’m using to have sex with you. I just feel bad. The couch is small and I owe you. I mean, you saved my life.”

Sid didn’t question her. “You don’t owe me anything. And don’t worry, I’d never take advantage of you that way.” He followed her into the bedroom and crawled into bed with her. He wasn’t sure of what to do but when he felt her curl up into him he automatically wrapped his arms around her. Feeling her head resting on his chest made him feel alive. He buried his head into the top of her hair and breathed her in, his body tingling at the very touch of her. He didn’t know how he found the strength not to kiss her or cross the lines that he mentally drew in their relationship, but he knew he wasn’t going to be able to stay on the appropriate side of his line much longer. He knew that if he couldn’t, at some point, have her every night in a way in which she was his and didn’t belong to someone else that he would go crazy. He couldn’t stand the thought of her curling up into Richards this way, he wanted to vomit at the thought of her even remotely being intimated with Richards…at some point something was going to have to change, and with time he knew it would. He hoped.

When the two of them woke up in the morning neither wanted to get out of bed. Phoebe felt warm and secure the way Sid held her. Sid felt happy, he felt complete and he never wanted to let her go.

“Good morning,” he smiled down at her.

“Hey,” she smiled back.

“Are you feeling any better this morning?” he asked.

She nodded her head yes. “Thank you so much for staying with me. I needed you more than I thought I did.”

Her words registered in his head. What she just told him confirmed that she was falling in love with him; she had to be. He knew he had reason to hope and he wasn’t going to give up. For once, he would have to be patient.

Phoebe went to get out of bed and so Sid rolled out and went to the bathroom. When they met in the kitchen Phoebe instinctively went to start making breakfast for the two of them and Sid realized how easily he could get used to living like this with her.

“So what are your plans for the rest of the day?” Sid asked.

“Um, well, I’m actually hanging out with my niece and nephew,” Phoebe giggled.

“Why is that so funny,” he asked with a smile, intrigued.

“Well, it’s just that they’re like five and seven. It’s not like I’m going out for a crazy day of shopping or whatever. I do fun things with them, well for their ages anyway. Today I’m taking them to the park and then for ice cream. I promised them I would…they adore me and I just…I just love them,” she smiled with genuine love in her eyes and Sid felt his heart melt at how incredible she was.

“That’s nothing to be embarrassed of. That sounds awesome.”

Phoebe just looked at him, letting her happiness shine through.

“You know,” Sid said as he took a bite of his toast. “I’d like to go with you, that’s how awesome your day sounds.”

She just looked at him in shock. “You would want to come? You don’t have better things to do?”

Sid thought of the fact that he was supposed to go out with Mario, Jordan and Kris but knew they didn’t need him there. “No,” he stated. “I can’t think of anything.”

“Alright,” she gushed. “Yeah, I’d love it if you came. I just hope it doesn’t bore you.”

“It’s…not possible,” he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“Okay well, I’m gonna shower and get dressed…oh wait, I should probably take you to Jordan’s so you can get your car huh?”

“That might help.”

“That’s not a problem. Let’s go,” she started throwing on her coat and searching for her keys. Sid got in her car and noticed she was still in her pajamas that she coupled with a pair of uggs and her hair was still messy…but he couldn’t think that she looked anything but adorable. He smiled at himself as his thoughts ran through his mind.

“What?” she turned her head and smiled as she looked at him, knowing he was thinking something interesting.

“Nothing,” he answered, startled.

“Yeah, uh huh. Spill.”

Not wanting to tell her how precious he thought she looked, he lied. “I was just thinking about how badly I would’ve kicked those guy’s asses last night.” He started bouncing his knee up and down in nervousness.

She let out a laugh. “Oh you think so, huh?””

“Yep,” he flirted back. “No question.”

“Well, I’m just glad we didn’t have to find out,” she looked at him sincerely.

When they got to Jordan’s Sid got out of the car and went directly into his. “I’ll be at your place in like, two hours?” he asked as he closed his door.

Phoebe nodded at him with a huge grin and made her way home. She knew that at this point she was wrong but her heart just didn’t care. Her heart actually felt right when she was with him and she was torn…but she didn’t know why. She was engaged, it wasn’t supposed to be this way. She showered and got dressed, ready to see her niece and nephew…and Sidney. Sid got there not much later than he said he would and Phoebe couldn’t help but think of how cute he looked.

“Are you ready to spend the afternoon with two little rugrats?” she asked playfully.

“Are you kidding? I’m a pro.”

When her buzzer rang and her sister dropped off the kids, Phoebe crouched down on her knees and enveloped them both into a huge hug as they ran to her in excitement. Sid’s heart melted as he watched how natural she was with kids and the way her fact lit up when they showered her with kisses.

“Who is this?” the little girl asked wide-eyed looking up at Sid.

“This is my friend Sidney,” she explained in a tone a five year old would listen to.

“And what is your name,” Sid bent down and focused his attention on the child.

“My name’s Rebecca,” she put her little index finger to the bottom of her lip and bit at it as she smiled coyly.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Rebecca,” Sid stuck his hand out and waited for her to shake it. When she did, she shyly giggled and Phoebe quickly got a flash of what it would be like if Sid were the father of her future children…not Mike. She quickly shook those thoughts out of her head and put her hand on the back of her niece’s shoulder.

“I’m Tommy!” the little boy yelled as he ran at Sid.

“Hi there Tommy,” Sid had such a sweet spirit with the children. “Are you ready to go to the park?” Sid asked the kids eagerly. They both squealed and began running to the front door. As they bounced out the doorframe, Phoebe grazed up against Sid. “Brace yourself. They aren’t going to settle down.”

“I think I’ll be alright,” he smiled.

As they followed the kids out the door, Sid intertwined his fingers with Phoebe’s. She didn’t pull away; she blushed, smiled and shook her head at herself. Phoebe locked the door behind them, “Let’s go,” she said with a playful look, and Sid couldn’t wait to see how their day was going to unfold.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's moving along =) I really hope you guys are liking it! Please comment and give me your thoughts!!