Bah Humbug!

Christmas Miracle

Waking up on Christmas morning was wonderful. Matt's arms were around me and he was looking out his bedroom window over my head. I turned in his arms, "Hi."

"Hi." His lips brushed mine, "Merry Christmas."

My eyebrows shot up, "Merry Christmas. How did you sleep?"

"Very, very well." He smiled and clutched me to him. He sighed after a moment, "We gotta get up because Brian called late last night. They're coming over before Jimmy can get too drunk today."

I laughed, "Alright. I'll go get my clothes from my duffel bag while you take a shower."

He simply nodded and rolled out of the bed.

A remarkable change from the day before showed in Matt. His shoulders were relaxed, his smile was happy and he couldn't keep it off his face. He was more affectionate and he greeted Zacky with a hug and a "Merry Fucking Christmas, dude." Zacky hugged him back and Brian cocked his eyebrows at me.

"What did you give Matt this morning?"

"Nothing." I smiled secretly because I hadn't really given Matt anything. He'd kinda just found what he needed along the way. Love in the form of a family's Christmas tradition. Joy in the simple pleasure of a Christmas cookie. And peace from a family fued of nearly twenty years that had caused Matt to be our very own Ebenezer Scrooge.

We all ate and started to exchange presents. Parties in the past had been quiet affairs for us, our only real pleasure was watching Zacky's face as he opened his presents. This year, Matt gave out each of his presents with a grin and thanks for his own, showing more life than he had on this day than I could ever remember. When he was done handing his out, and I was done with mine, he pulled me onto his lap. Jimmy immediately started laughing.

Matt asked, "What is wrong with you?"

Jimmy was obviously already half drunk, "It's like we have a Tiny Tim to go with our usual Scrooge."

Matt's jaw dropped and he immediately covered my mouth, "Don't you say it!"

Everyone else laughed at the very muffled and strange sounding response I had, "God bless us . . . everyone."
♠ ♠ ♠
M'Kay.

The last line was meant to be funny. If you found it offense: I'm Wiccan, meant it in no way as harm.

Layout picture is a pretty-pretty banner made by none other than my own very talented little sister Jessi Perry. Look out for that name, folks, she's gonna be famous one day.