You and Me

Chupacabra

I still decided to go on a date with Michelle—something that I regret doing. Apparently, her ex-boyfriend is just a tad unhappy over the break up, even though it’s been four months, and he kind of followed her to the restaurant and threatened to kill me. So, I think it’s safe to say that we won't be communicating much anymore, which settles my mind a lot more. I suppose, Michelle wasn’t completely my type. She was nice and sweet, but she had a weird history with boyfriends, and I’d prefer not to fall into that category.

I didn’t consider Frank as my last resort—because I probably would have chosen Frank over Michelle anyway—but I'm happy, so far.

“Gerard,” my mom said, “somebody called from the special education program, and they were saying something about how you're no longer allowed to go down there. What’s the deal?” she asked with an eyebrow raised high on her face.

“What?” I asked, completely and utterly confused.

“They said something about you having an inappropriate relationship with Frank. Explain Gerard, now,” she demanded. What the hell happened?

“I-I kissed him—once. It was only a little kiss. It wasn’t like a full-blown make out session or anything, I swear,” I stammered quickly. My mom looked like she was going to throw one of those angry mother temper tantrums. I wanted to go hide away in my room.

“Gerard! Why on earth would you do that? Oh god, how on earth are you going to get into a college now?”

My mom was beginning to freak out, and so was I.

“What’s with all the yelling?” Mikey asked, appearing from the top of the stairs. His hair was horrifyingly messy. He looked like the Chupacabra—the really fucked up pictures though, not the dog-looking things.

“I ruined my chance to get community service hours,” I said.

Sure, I could do something else, but I probably wouldn’t get enough hours in, or else I wouldn’t like what other community service there is to offer.

“How did you manage to accomplish that?” Mikey asked. He was smirking now.

“He kissed Frank,” my mom said.

“Whoa!” Mikey yelled, covering his mouth. “You kissed a retarded kid?”

“Mikey, shut the hell up,” I screamed at him. I could feel my eyes get warm and watery. “Why do you have to be such a goddamn jackass? It’s not like he's fucking deformed. He's a perfectly healthy and intelligent eighteen year old, much like anyone else his age.”

“Gerard, sweetie, calm down,” my mom said, putting a hand on my shoulder. “Michael, what you said was horrible. I thought I raised you better than that. For once, I'm agreeing with everything Gerard said; you really are being a jackass.”

If I wasn’t so upset about everything, I would’ve laughed at how quickly Mikey's jaw dropped.

“B-But, he called me a jackass,” Mikey mumbled almost sadly.

“And you're really acting like one. Go to your room for now, Mikey. I need to talk to Gerard,” my mom said. Mikey quickly shot me a glare and bounced up the stairs. Once my mom heard his door close, she sat next to me on the couch. “Sweetie, I really wish you would’ve told me. Why didn’t you tell me, though? I thought we were closer to each other than that.”

“I don’t know … I guess I thought you'd be slightly ashamed, and it only happened two days ago. How the hell did they even find out?” I asked.

“Well, Frank was talking about it a little too much, yesterday I presume, and someone heard him. Apparently they thought that you were trying to take advantage of him,” she said. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly together and leaned backwards.

“Why was he even there yesterday?” I whined.

“Well, I talked to his mom, and she took him there for some kind of meeting. Anyway, Frank was talking to some other kids and someone heard him,” my mom said.

“Well then, why were you questioning me earlier if you already knew everything?” I asked.

“Because I wanted to see if you were going to lie to me or not,” she said, grinning halfheartedly. “I suppose you're not the bad child after all; I'm giving Mikey that position now. Well, unless you want to find another place to get hours in, you might as well get a job.”

“I've been thinking about it and what about online college? I mean, it’s a lot cheaper, and at the end of the day it’s still the same kind of degree from a traditional college,” I said.

“If that’s what you want to do, then do it. As long as you get some kind of further education, then I'm fine,” she smiled.

She hugged me tightly and went to her room. I sighed deeply, not knowing what to do.

I gave up my chances for some kind of scholarship for a kiss.

But that kiss was fucking worth it. Frank was special—and not in the literal term. He was special in my mind, in my heart.

I suddenly wanted to see him—oh god did I want to see him.

I grabbed my car keys and left, heading for his house. At the moment, I could care less about telling people where I was going or just randomly popping up at Frank's house completely unannounced, even if it was rude.

After taking what felt like days, I reached his house. His mom’s car wasn’t in the driveway though, which made me think that no one was home. I wasn’t going to stop there though.

I got out and rang the doorbell, hopping from foot to foot lightly. I was so incredibly anxious.

After nearly five minutes, my anxiety had worn down. No one was home. I turned to leave, but a barely audible click made me snap to attention. I turned around and saw Frank peeking out the door.

“Hi Gerard,” he smiled. “My mom said that-that I couldn’t answer the door.”

“Don’t worry, it’s just me. Do you think it’d be okay if I came in?” I asked, smiling sheepishly.

He nodded and opened the door wider. I hurried in and locked it for him. He stood there smiling happily, which in turn made me smile.

“Frank, there’s something I wanna ask you,” I said, feeling suddenly out breath.

It was now or never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those of you that commented. =)