Gravity

Never Say Never

Charlotte Browning opened her eyes slowly, only to close them quickly from the bright light, and she went to move her hand to cover her face, but a hand softly grabbed onto hers.

"You can't move that arm Charlotte." Jacob's voice filled her ears, and she nodded slowly. Not fully understanding why not, and why she felt so odd.

"What happened?" She mummered.

"You just had surgery Char." He said gently, and she felt one of his warm fingers moving gently across her jaw. She furrowed her eyebrows for a minute before the events from the last two days entered her head. She cringed at the mental images, and opened her eyes to look at Jacob.

The Doctors, and nurses had thought it was weird when she kept requesting him. Begging for them to get Jacob, telling her father repeatedly to call him and ask him to come here. Most women who are raped tend to be afraid of men. Particularly large, intimidating men, much like Jacob who stood large and tall. But, her mind just kept screaming at her to get Jacob there, and that she needed him. Her mind kept screaming that he wouldn't let anything else happen to her, and that if he was there she was safe and those men couldn't find her, and hurt her again.

"Is she awake?" A voice that most definitely wasn't Doctor Ross, the slimeball she was stuck with, asked. She opened her eyes to see a beautiful man in a white coat.

"Yes." Jacob answered, smiling seeing her keeping her eyes opened.

"Charlotte, glad to see you awake." The man addressed her, "I'm Doctor Cullen, I performed your surgery."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "I thought that Dr. Ross was going to?"

"That was the original plan, but Jacob called, and by chance I was in Forks with my son and daughter-in-law, visiting her dad when I got the phone call. I came immediately, and your father agreed for me to do the surgery, and since Dr. Ross had not started, I was able to step in." He explained. Charlotte saw as Jacob's face cringed a bit at 'son and daughter-in-law', but ignored it. "So," He said loudly, "How are you feeling?" He asked, as he checked some of the machines she was hooked up too.

"Tired." She answered.

"No pain?" He asked.

"A little."

"In your arm?" He asked, looking at the bandaged arm.

"No."

"Where?" He inquired. She looked at Jacob uncomfortably, then gave Doctor Cullen a look. "Oh," He clued in, looking at Jacob, "Would you mind stepping outside for a second Jake?" He asked, Jacob nodded slowly, and gave Charlotte's hand a small squeeze, and a reassuring smile, before leaving the room, "Charlotte, unfortunately the sexual assault forensic evidence, showed that you were raped by multiple men." He started.

"I told them, there was four guys." She said to him.

He nodded, "The pain isn't anything uncommon, usually the first time having sex is painful for women, but when it's forced, and by multiple men it's even worse. You'll probably be in pain for a little bit in that particular area. The medication should help, but since it's in such a sensitive spot you will be experiencing more pain there." He explained, and she nodded slowly, "I'm very sorry this had to happen to you Charlotte. From what your dad and Jacob have said, you didn't do anything to deserve this."

She sighed, "I don't think anybody deserves this." She replied.

_________________________

"She's beautiful Jake." Bella said quietly beside him, where they stood watching Carlisle and Charlotte talk through the glass in the wall, one of the windows where you can look in, but the person inside can't see out.

Jacob nodded, "I know."

"I'm glad you found her." Bella added, "It's comforting to know you'll have someone there for you."

"I didn't..." He trailed off, "I didn't think I'd ever get over you Bells," He said, saying the words he had never said, "But then Charlotte came and it all changed. I'm not... Angry at you anymore Bella. Or him." He said, gesturning down the hallway where Edward stood, talking to Ben.

"I'm glad." She smiled, "And I'm sorry that this happened." She said, nodding her head towards Charlotte, "I remember you saying what imprinting is like, and the effect of it, and I know you must be killing yourself." She said. He bit his lip, "But it's not your fault Jacob. Those guys are idiotic... Psychos, who obviously have issues."

Jacob nodded, "If I find out who they are..." Jacob trailed off suggestively.

"You'll let the police deal with them, and watch them get thrown in jail where I'm sure they'll get what they deserve." Bella said warningly.

"No." Jacob said, shaking his head, "That's not enough, if I knew who they were right now Bella, I wouldn't be standing here."

"Yes you would Jake, because Charlotte needs you, and you can't leave her to kill a bunch of guys." She said quietly to him, so no one walking by would hear the last part, "I know it's tempting, and that you would like nothing more then for Edward to read the mind of some police officer, and to tell you who did it, but you can't do that."

"Damn, you do know everything." Jacob muttered, the plan she had just described had been going through his mind for about an hour.

"Pretty much." She agreed, "So have you told her about you... And me... And Edward?" She asked awkwardly after a moment. Jacob sighed.

"No."

Shock crossed her stone face, "No? Jacob that's the kind of thing you need to tell a girl." She advised.

"I know, but there's never been a right time, and now with all of this happening I probably won't for awhile longer. But I will tell her, eventually." He promised.

She shook her head, placing her ice cold hand on his arm, "Take my advice Jacob, and tell her sooner rather then later."

Jacob nodded, "I know, I will."

Edward walked over, "Her dad is going to go see if he can smuggle some good food in for Charlotte, he said he'd get her Subway or something." He explained when Jacob watched in confusion as Ben walked down the hall.

Jacob nodded, "Good, this hospital food sucks." He said, making Bella and Edward smile in amusement.

"Bella I was wondering if I could talk to Jacob for a moment alone." Edward said softly to Bella, who raised an eyebrow.

"Really now?" She said sarcastically, Edward nodded.

"Just for a few minutes. Why don't you call Rose and see how Renesmee is doing." He suggested, she sighed, but nodded, and walked away, "Jacob I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, and Bella telling you not to do anything... Rash."

Jacob's ears perked, wondering if Edward was going to back him up, "No, unfortunately for you I have to agree with Bella on this one. I did however get a call from Alice," He started, and Jacob nodded, realizing Alice could have seen something, "And she asked me to tell you to 'not worry, justice will be served'?" Edward questioned more then said.

Jacob laughed, "Couldn't you of just read her mind and find out what she means?"

"Through the phone?" Edward asked, and Jacob knew that was a stupid question, seeing as he knew Edward couldn't read minds through the phone.

"How?" Edward asked.

"The time you called asking for Charlie, and I told you he was planning a funeral. If you could read my mind you would of known that I meant Harry's." Jacob elaborated, and Edward nodded.

"Right." He said, and Jacob saw Bella walking back towards them.

"The missus." He said, nodding towards her, 'Thanks though Edward, I hope Alice was right.' He thought, so Bella wouldn't hear and inquire, Edward nodded.

"Good talk?" She asked, eyeing the two suspiciously.

"Great talk." Edward shrugged.

"Jacob?" Carlisle's voice said, Jacob turned to see him coming out of the room, "Where's her father?"

"He went out to do a couple of things." Jacob replied, Carlisle nodded.

"She's fine, and awake so you can go back in. I'll talk to the nurses so she can eat whatever her dad brings her." Carlisle said, before walking towards the nurses station, Jacob laughed a little, so did Bella.

"We should probably go back to Charlie." Edward said, Bella nodded.

"We'll come back though before we head back home." She said to Jacob, "If you need anything call." She added. He nodded, hugging Bella's stone cold body, and shaking Edward's hand. They walked off, and Jacob walked into Charlotte's room, seeing her now propped up on the pillows, sitting straight.

"Hey." He smiled, pulling one of the chairs next to the bed.

"Hi." She said, smiling back a little, "So who is this 'Bella' girl?" She asked confused. For a second he panicked, thinking she was jealous, but instead saw genuine curiousity in her eyes.

"A very old friend." He laughed, placing his hand in hers, and kissing her knuckles softly.

"Let me guess, you'll tell me about it later?" She teased, and he laughed lightly.

"I'll tell you about it later." He agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the longer wait then usual, and if there's spelling/grammar mistakes. I've been having problems with this kid at school, and long story short, the school called the police on him, and I've been dealing with the cops, then dealing with school in general, and am very tired haha. I will be updating regularly again hopefully, unless if something comes up with the issue again.

BTW, I deleted my Embry story because I had -48742984 ideas, but I might be starting new Embry Call story, we'll see.

Comments were great, I haven't been on much to reply, but thank you to everyone! Keep them coming pleasee.